Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

xllApocalypsellx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could anyone help me out? I need help with burning newer games. I have a Moded Wii and games used to work just fine, I'd run them through brickblocker, change the Region when I needed it, burn at x2 speed and they would work. I havent downloaded any of the newer games till yesterday when I downloaded Guitar hero SmashHits and I did what I always do but My screen turns black and my wiimote turns off and it gets stuck there. Is there a new patch that I need that I'm not aware of?

I'm sure its been asked before but I couldent find the solution, hope someone can help. Thanks in advance! ^___^

PandaThing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i fiqured I'd post here before i threw this out as a possible new thread:

I've had my wii since launch. I picked it up after camping out, brought a wiikey (orinigal) when they came out from divino, and had it installed.

It's worked wonderfully, and i've had it sitting in my closet since mario galaxy and all the FW update madness. I recently moved and decided to drag it out and play it again. I made some legit backup isos from legit copys of games and it ran them just fine. These games were World at war, pirates vs. ninjas dodgeball and fantasy aquarium world.

The wiikey was at 1.9

So, then a buddy wanted to play ghost busters, so i made a legit backup of my legit software, and we ran it, asks for an update, i say it's bad news and buddy says it's not. So i update to 4.0, and wo-o, none of my legit backups are running now, "unauthorized device detected."

I asked a friend about softmoding and downgradeing, and this is what she had me do: (Yes, an actual female.)

- Used bannerbomb to install HBC and DVDX.
- Then used the HBC to run no CIOS 4.0 Fix.
- Was then to run CMDVDX34, to downgrade, but un-beknown to me my wi-fi had died during the inital run. After restarting it i got the "Maybe you already ran this message?"
- So then went ahead and used wad manager to install the IOS35 of a copy obtained from a legit, owned game. She said this should be ok.
- Installed CIOS V.7 with the install set to IOS35.
- She then had me install CIOS 36 Rev 10 useing internet connection.

After all this my legit backups were working again, besides for new games..ghost busters and deadly creatures do not work, but world at war still works fine, as well as any older backups of purchased titles; such as dragon blade.

So, after trying a lot of things i read about CIOS Rev 13 a and updated to that (saying to use IOS 35, again, since said lady friend was no longer around and i assumed i was to do this again.). Still no go with the GB/deadly creatures, but i no longer get unautorized device error, just a disc read error. So i did some extra burns at both slower and faster speeds with speed with verifcations and still no go. I've also tryed neogamma 4, with this i can sometimes get GB to the loading screen, where it loads for a bit then gives me the disc read error, or it gives the apparently classic green screen, freezes at the wii-strap screen, or resets the wii. Deadly creatures just resets the wii.

Previous working backups (including dodgeball and World at war) boot fine from disc menu or neogamma 4, ethier way.

Did i screw up somewhere? Is there something simpler to do with the wiikey? Should i just use USB loader? Trying to avoid that since i dont have a spare USB HDD i can just wipe clean.

Thanks for any input.

mikipe2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

I've tried to answer this question myself, but there's just too much info, and too many threads for little old me.
blink.gif

I've currently got 3.2E, and the Homebrew channel, but nothing else (ie no cIOS etc.).

Is it safe for me to just upgrade to 4.0E online via the Wii Settings?

And what features would I miss out on if I don't install anything else before upgrading.

Any response would be very much appreciated!
Thank you!

Mike.

xllApocalypsellx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With a little more pokeing around I found my answer, I just had to install these cIOS and I was golden! ^__^
(had to remove link, look for 38, 53, and 55)

Mikipe2... does your Wii have a Mod Chip or is it soft modded? Because I think you should just stay with 3.2u and not upgrade at all. I think the cIOS's are the updates required to play the games without having to upgrade firmware. If you have a Modchip install those cIOS's in the link above with the WAD Manager and you should be golden also ;D

(Keep in mind I'm still kind of a noob at this so to any one that knows.... was my info right? =P)

Lazy B

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I haven't turned on my Wii in a while and saw that a lot has changed in a few months. I wanted to get back up to date with the new stuff.

Here's some info on my current setup:
System Menu 3.2U
cIOS36 rev7
Starfall

I just wanted confirmation that I'd be ok doing the following:
Uninstall Starfall
Install BootMii and make a NAND backup
Install Preloader
Install cIOS36 rev13b or any newer one

Am I correct in assuming that I should be up to date and good to go on the new stuff like USB Loaders after this? Thanks for the help.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xllApocalypsellx said:
With a little more pokeing around I found my answer, I just had to install these cIOS and I was golden! ^__^
link removed

Mikipe2... does your Wii have a Mod Chip or is it soft modded? Because I think you should just stay with 3.2u and not upgrade at all. I think the cIOS's are the updates required to play the games without having to upgrade firmware. If you have a Modchip install those cIOS's in the link above with the WAD Manager and you should be golden also ;D

(Keep in mind I'm still kind of a noob at this so to any one that knows.... was my info right? =P)
Your info is correct, you need the newest IOS to play all games
But sharing them on this site is NOT ALLOWED. So if you could remove the link in your post as well...

QUOTE(Lazy B @ Jun 23 2009, 12:27 AM) Hey everyone, I haven't turned on my Wii in a while and saw that a lot has changed in a few months. I wanted to get back up to date with the new stuff.

Here's some info on my current setup:
System Menu 3.2U
cIOS36 rev7
Starfall

I just wanted confirmation that I'd be ok doing the following:
Uninstall Starfall
Install BootMii and make a NAND backup
Install Preloader
Install cIOS36 rev13b or any newer one

Am I correct in assuming that I should be up to date and good to go on the new stuff like USB Loaders after this? Thanks for the help.
Steps are correct.
Instead of rev13b get rev 13(a). Installer is in my sig.
Yes, USB loaders will work

Trig

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is there is no incompatibility between system menu 4.0 and wiikey. My guess is your "legit backups" are not 1:1 and they're trucha signed. These no longer work after the 4.0 upgrade.

PandaThing said:

I've had my wii since launch. I picked it up after camping out, brought a wiikey (orinigal) when they came out from divino, and had it installed.

It's worked wonderfully, and i've had it sitting in my closet since mario galaxy and all the FW update madness. I recently moved and decided to drag it out and play it again. I made some legit backup isos from legit copys of games and it ran them just fine. These games were World at war, pirates vs. ninjas dodgeball and fantasy aquarium world.

The wiikey was at 1.9

So, then a buddy wanted to play ghost busters, so i made a legit backup of my legit software, and we ran it, asks for an update, i say it's bad news and buddy says it's not. So i update to 4.0, and wo-o, none of my legit backups are running now, "unauthorized device detected."

I asked a friend about softmoding and downgradeing, and this is what she had me do: (Yes, an actual female.)

- Was then to run CMDVDX34, to downgrade, but un-beknown to me my wi-fi had died during the inital run. After restarting it i got the "Maybe you already ran this message?"
- So then went ahead and used wad manager to install the IOS35 of a copy obtained from a legit, owned game. She said this should be ok.

After all this my legit backups were working again, besides for new games..ghost busters and deadly creatures do not work, but world at war still works fine, as well as any older backups of purchased titles; such as dragon blade.

So, after trying a lot of things i read about CIOS Rev 13 a and updated to that (saying to use IOS 35, again, since said lady friend was no longer around and i assumed i was to do this again.). Still no go with the GB/deadly creatures, but i no longer get unautorized device error, just a disc read error. So i did some extra burns at both slower and faster speeds with speed with verifcations and still no go. I've also tryed neogamma 4, with this i can sometimes get GB to the loading screen, where it loads for a bit then gives me the disc read error, or it gives the apparently classic green screen, freezes at the wii-strap screen, or resets the wii. Deadly creatures just resets the wii.

Previous working backups (including dodgeball and World at war) boot fine from disc menu or neogamma 4, ethier way.

Did i screw up somewhere? Is there something simpler to do with the wiikey? Should i just use USB loader? Trying to avoid that since i dont have a spare USB HDD i can just wipe clean.

Thanks for any input.

PandaThing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trig said:
My understanding is there is no incompatibility between system menu 4.0 and wiikey. My guess is your "legit backups" are not 1:1 and they're trucha signed. These no longer work after the 4.0 upgrade.

PandaThing said:

The wiikey was at 1.9

Thanks for any input.

Hey, thanks for the input but i'am 99% sure there 1:1. I dont know of a way to verify if there trucha'ed, is there one?

I read somewhere that i should of installed cios rev13a to 249, so i did that instead of to 35 (So hopefully somethings not screwed up there.)

I'am now seeing GB always go to the loading screen, actually in game before i get a no disc read error, but DC still re-sets the wii. On top of that Pirates vs ninja dodgeball won't run at all now, rather from disc menu or through neogamma (r4).

I double checked, and grabbed a handful of older backups made from my legit copys, including dewy, endless ocean, MOH heros 2, vanguard, dragon blade, world at war, bug island: These all boot 100% flawlessly from the disk menu or through neogamma. I even have no problem with wi-fi play in world at war.

Am i correct in assumeing that disk menu is going through the wiikey while the neogamma is through the softmod? Am i doing anything wrong or something i should do to get better benefits from the wiikey where i'am useing the softmod?

Maybe should downgrade back to 3.2/3.3 and title delete and reinstall the IOS and see what happens?

Thanks.

slazor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mikaelwase.com
XP
Country
I think i need some comments on this.

Main info:
PAL Wii
4.0E Nintendo version
cIOS38 rev13b

I bought One Piece Unlimited Cruise (PAL) a few days ago. The first thing I noticed when I tried to start the game was that i got a Error #002.

I decided to do everything from the beginning (get my wii to virgin 3.2E). The only thing I had left was cIOS38 rev13b and homebrew channel.
After that I upgraded my wii with the official Nintendo 4.0E. Then patched IOS60. Everything works just fine. I can install wad files just like before, and I have working USB loader. The game can now boot without error #002,(like it's should do), but i can not install preloader because it can't find the the fakesigning bug in IOS36.

The thing is that if i use the IOS Downgrader to get preloader working i get the error #002 on the game, and if i only install the IOS36-64-v1042.wad the same happens (preloader works but i get error #002 on the game)

I would like to have it working by using the disc AND have preloader.

Does that game contain a new error #002 or is there something fishy 'bout my system??

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 4.0 with preloader, and my wii freezes whenever I put a disc in it. And when I use the disc channel, it goes back to the wii menu. I installed cIOSCorp too. Any help please? I was also trying to get backups to read through the disc channel, but now no discs will read.

yazedad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there,
it has been a while since i checked the wii community (over a year)
and now i have a wii with 3.3E (with only a modchip D2pro 9 wires, no software installed)
i never done any of the software things to the wii
and want to ask where should i go to now ?
should i follow this http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=144835 ?
or should i do other things first ?

thanks

mikipe2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xllApocalypsellx said:
(had to remove link, look for 38, 53, and 55)

Awesome, thanks.

The main reason to upgrade was to play a game that didn't work.
And yes I have Wiikey.
So I guess I need to go and learn how these IOS things work...

Thanks!
smile.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering how to install WiiWare and Virtual Console games. My Wii is 4.0U (according to Wii settings), hardmodded with Wii Key 2, and recently just got the Homebrew Channel on it (along with preloader).

So, how would I go about installing VC and WiiWare on my Wii. My SD card is formatted now so I am a bit confused. Also, I think with the 4.0 update and the SD channel, you play games off the SD card (?), does this include both WiiWare and VC games? I'd rather play the games through my SD card (or USB) then having it on the Wii system memory, if possible.
(I tried installing it but I'm pretty sure I messed up, and now there is a file somewhere on my Wii which I have to delete. but I don't know how to, and I was afraid my Wii was ruined, so I come here for professional help.
smile.gif
)

Edit: I also have a USB which I'm also willing to use.

Note: I am NOT asking FOR the WiiWare/VC files (wads?) but rather how to use them.

Thanks

Rekis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, my Wii is running with cIOS38 rev 13b but somehow I have more problems than I'd like to.
How do I manage it to get 13a running? just installing it over 13b? Running the cIOS downgrader or uninstalling it with a app I haven't dug up yet?
Thanks in advance
smile.gif

hyAxis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I need your help.

I have a PAL Wii with system software version 3.2E.

I installed the Twilight Hack in it, and now I have the v1.0.3 Homebrew Channel with IOS37 v8.22 (this is in the HC's About page, if you need any other info please tell me).

My question is, can I update my Wii to Nintendo's 4.0 System Software without bricking it?

Thanks.

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrainerAbu said:
I'll try asking more basically

- If I play a Region Free wiiware game that was originally PAL on my NTSC Wii, does that mean it won't have Progressive Scan?

- If I play a PAL game on my NTSC Wii with a loader, does that also mean it won't have progressive scan?
anyone =X?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...