Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hiya! I have a quick question, hope this is the right place. I've soft modded (original) Wii's before, PAL UK ones, but would it be possible to mod one to basically be a US NTSC console? I don't mean like, patch ISOs and stuff to run US games on a PAL console, I mean actually make the entire console think it's American. This is so that I can play Project M on one (the Smash Bros Brawl mod). I know theres a few guides online explaining unofficial ways to get it to run on a PAL console but I get the feeling they're unreliable because the official Project M says it doesn't work AT ALL on PAL consoles.

Thank you for your time.
Yes, you can use "Any Region Changer" to region change your Wii... BUT
make sure you read and understand how it work and follow the instructions strictly, or else it is easy to semi-brick your Wii.
Semi-brick itself is no big deal - it can be fixed, but noobs tends to make mistakes one after another and then you can kiss your Wii goodbye.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I'm using Wiiflow and I have 2 questions.

1) When playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, whenever I exit the game to the Wii's home menu my Wii would freeze. Everything else runs fine but it's just whenever I exit the game is pretty annoying. Is there any reason why it does this?

2) Is there any homebrew app that let's me take screenshots in games? I'd really love to be able to do this.

adrian_002

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi, im a noob and i dont know what happend but something went wrong modding my black wii, i use CFG USB LOADER MOD and all the games freeze after 4 minutes. if i haveto start all over again i just have to restore my wii nand with BootMii? every change on ios will be deleted?

here is my syscheck

SysCheck v2.3.2 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v513)
Priiloader installed
Drive date: 12.07.2010
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 158635361
Console Type: Wii
Shop Channel Country: Mexico (36)
Boot2 v5

Found 79 titles.
Found 48 IOS on this console. 15 of them are stub.

IOS3 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS4 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
IOS10 (rev 768): Stub
IOS11 (rev 256): Stub
IOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
IOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS16 (rev 512): Stub
IOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
IOS20 (rev 256): Stub
IOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
IOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
IOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
IOS30 (rev 2816): Stub
IOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
IOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS40 (rev 3072): Stub
IOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
IOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
IOS50 (rev 5120): Stub
IOS51 (rev 4864): Stub
IOS52 (rev 5888): Stub
IOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
IOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
IOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
IOS60 (rev 6400): Stub
IOS61 (rev 5918): No Patches
IOS62 (rev 6430): No Patches
IOS70 (rev 6912): Stub
IOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
IOS222 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS223 (rev 65280): Stub
IOS236[36] (rev 65535 Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
IOS249[56] (rev 65535 Info: d2x-v9beta(r47)): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS250[57] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt): Trucha Bug NAND Access USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii
BC v6

MIOS v10 (DIOS MIOS 2.11+)
Report generated on 08/11/2015.

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey everyone, I'm using Wiiflow and I have 2 questions.

1) When playing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers, whenever I exit the game to the Wii's home menu my Wii would freeze. Everything else runs fine but it's just whenever I exit the game is pretty annoying. Is there any reason why it does this?

2) Is there any homebrew app that let's me take screenshots in games? I'd really love to be able to do this.
1) Try using FULL (not Partial) nand emulation for gamesave.
2) I think not.

smashterbate

Trophies
XP
Country
I formatted my usb wbfs and I want to know whether I can undo it? I used it for project m and I now want to use it for loading 20xx hack pack using this guide which says nothing about wbfs formatting.

Timmu20k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, a few years ago I softmodded my Wii, had a whole bunch of my vc games on an SD card so I kept it, now I have another Wii, I've softmodded it, but when I go into the SD card menu to select a vc game stored there (on the main menu) it says
"This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console"
I imagine this is a form of DRM as they worked fine on my old Wii, is there anyway to bypass this?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi, a few years ago I softmodded my Wii, had a whole bunch of my vc games on an SD card so I kept it, now I have another Wii, I've softmodded it, but when I go into the SD card menu to select a vc game stored there (on the main menu) it says
"This channel cannot be launched on this Wii console"
I imagine this is a form of DRM as they worked fine on my old Wii, is there anyway to bypass this?
Have you also patched the System menu IOS in the new Wii?

gburgue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ios80 (rev54321) seems to have the trucha bug according to syscheck from the homebrew browser
Sorry, I'm running out of ideas, but you could try to copy only the gamesaves via Data Management on to the new Wii's memory first, which AFAIK doesn't work with some games. And then retry to play the games from the sd card menu.

EDIT: typo

Last edited by gburgue,

Timmu20k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No worries dude, thanks for the help anyway. I can't use anything from the old Wii as I got rid of that years ago, I kept the SD card in case I got another one at somepoint (I transfered all my channels to that)

niceme.me

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
yo im going to buy wii that is already softmodded. i know i could google but i cant find anything "dummy friendly enough", it was easy with free mcboot in case of ps2 but here i have no clue.

here are my questions:
1. what is this?
2. does it allow to play backups?
3. if 2 is yes, can i play backups from another region?
4. is it relatively easy to use after its already installed?
5. are there any risks of using that?( besides legal issues in some cases ofc)

i guess thats all but every piece of information is greatly appreciated, ty in advance

Jumokesi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Im in need of help. Ive looked everywhere for answers so now Im here!
I have the black Wii.. v4.3U. I have successfully DLd and installed HomeBrew & USB Loader GX among other things.. Everything works great!
Now, I just want to be able to watch movies from my hard drive on the Wii. I know.....(Im not really that much of a gamer).....
When I go to the USB channel, it says theres nothing there and then gives me a list of all the Wii Home channels through the Loader channel. (White background)

What do I need to do or DL or install for it to recognize the movie files?? YES the USB is plugged into the correct port (closest to bottom).
I read about DVDX but Im assuming thats for playing actual DVDs... not files from the hard drive...? Also MPlayer CE?? Do I need that?

The only other problem I can think of is that my hard drive is formatted as NTSF and I keep seeing something about Wii format being WBFS..
If thats the case, my only other option to reformat my hard drive is to exFAT... Will that work??
(Ive done a lot of reading these past two days figuring all of this out, and learning a lot of new stuff!)

Thank you for reading... and hopefully giving me some answers that work!!!

Terribaddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know how to get uneek2o to work, all I wanna do is play Majora's Mask, a little bar at the bottom looks like it's loading the game but it just blackscreens forever.

When I start neek2o channel the first thing it says is "Mounting to USB...... failed" it then loads from sd card, but I thought UNEEK didn't use the SD Card, and I don't even have a nand on my sd card, so what is happening? Is Neek2o broken?

Should be noted that I already made an emunand and just copied but didn't replace the folders (to add the vc games) because there was no way I was re-adding all the wad files to the nand.

It also doesn't help that I have no idea what I'm doing, and any install guides i found were too confusing.

EDIT: Well I feel really dumb.

Last edited by Terribaddy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: