United States
Checking boot2
BootMii is not found, too dangerous to
continue! If your SD is corrupt or
restore is interrupted, you will be
unable to boot to fix it. If you are
SURE you want to do this, KONAMI.
Otherwise, press [Z] to give up.
Okay, so if you proceed there's a risk you could make things worse. What system menu r u currently on? I know you can't check it bc its bricked, but do u remember the last one u were on before it bricked? If you were on anything below 4.3, it miight be a safer bet to buy a savemii dongle and update your console using that in conjuubnctiion with a game disc with a higher update on iit then what's currently on the console.

Sometimes the update process will repair w/e is wrong with ur current system menu/ios's by overwriting them

Alizor

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, so if you proceed there's a risk you could make things worse. What system menu r u currently on? I know you can't check it bc its bricked, but do u remember the last one u were on before it bricked? If you were on anything below 4.3, it miight be a safer bet to buy a savemii dongle and update your console using that in conjuubnctiion with a game disc with a higher update on iit then what's currently on the console.

Sometimes the update process will repair w/e is wrong with ur current system menu/ios's by overwriting them

I can see the version and IOS because I can run HBC.
It was always 4.3

The only problem is that when I run syscheck it freezes everytime on IOS 202, I installed the v5.1 again but nothing happened.

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was always 4.3

The only problem is that when I run syscheck it freezes everytime on IOS 202, I installed the v5.1 again but nothing happened.

Okay so a savemii dongle won't help you as your on the latest system menu etc already.

Most likely syscheck isn't running correctly but the IOS it depends on to run properly is affected by the brick. Certain people here may bash me for this suggestion, but Pimp My Wii also has a Diagnostic tool in it thats very similar to syscheck. However it lets you run it on a different IOS then what syscheck does as default. This might allow you to get a readout of whats going on with your console, without using the actual syscheck software. Now this software can be EXTREMELY DANGEROUS to mess with (hence why others would bash me), but if you only run the test portion of it, there's no risk at all. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BRANCH OUT INTO THE OTHER FUNCTIONS OF PIMP MY WII, ONLY RUN THE TEST AND POST YOUR RESULTS HERE. If you try anything outside of that testing environment you could make things worse for yourself, as that software is very dangerous (as stated before) and has lead to many permanent bricks etc when people use the other features. The people who designed that app clearly don't know enough about the inner workings of the wii. But anyways, the test won't cause you any permanent problems. Even if it freezes during the test, just reboot the console, any changes would be strictly in RAM so they would be cleared out upon reset. I hope this helps

SomeWeirdSin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was always 4.3

JoostinOnline is working on a project that will fix that freeze. It is a syscheck that can be programmed to skip specified IOS's. I beta tested it myself, and it works great. Once he has a public release, I'm sure that it will be able to give you some answers. Ask him to join the group, and test it out. I bet he would like to have someone with a bricked Wii test it out.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Toyskyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the double post,

my final question is; how do I get GC backups working through the disc channel?

I re-modded my wii using modmii and installed d2x 249 base 56/ 250 base 57 + patched mios v10 with wiigators cmios. I set the recommended setting in neogamma and I'm getting successful launches through that. I was able to do this before and have never installed darkcorp/cioscorp.

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
Trophies
XP
Country
Appologies, my internet was having a mental moment and made me post multiples. A mod delete the multiples please?

Truegamer5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've installed a couple games using USB Loader GX and played them but the problem is, my USB's are pretty small and only few games can fit inside them. I can't use an SD card as all my Homebrew stuff is on it including USB Loader GX. I then see people on YouTube having tons of games with hundreds of gigs worth of storage on whatever it is they are using. I clearly am missing someone so if anyone could be so kind as to tell me what I'm missing here I'd be extremely greatful

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
So I've installed a couple games using USB Loader GX and played them but the problem is, my USB's are pretty small and only few games can fit inside them. I can't use an SD card as all my Homebrew stuff is on it including USB Loader GX. I then see people on YouTube having tons of games with hundreds of gigs worth of storage on whatever it is they are using. I clearly am missing someone so if anyone could be so kind as to tell me what I'm missing here I'd be extremely greatful

so basically:

you say your usb is small and can fit a few games on it

and then say people with a bigger storage can save more games

what sorcery is this?

Truegamer5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so basically:

you say your usb is small and can fit a few games on it

and then say people with a bigger storage can save more games

what sorcery is this?

Ok Just now realizing how stupid my post sounded, totally brain farted and forgot about External Hard Drives, anyways I'm actually wondering if I can have it so I can double the use of my SD card as a means of storing my games for USB loader as well as hosting all my homebrews

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ok Just now realizing how stupid my post sounded, totally brain farted and forgot about External Hard Drives, anyways I'm actually wondering if I can have it so I can double the use of my SD card as a means of storing my games for USB loader as well as hosting all my homebrews

you can use a sd card for games, you can use a usb stick, you can use an externall HDD, you can use even an mp3 player
just format it fat32 and copy the games like you do already with your "small stick"

i don't understand now the part you say "so i can double the use of my SD card"

if you want, you can buy a 32GB sd card and load the games from it
is better if you get an external HDD and put your games in it, if you want to make sure the drive you buy will work, get a WD my passport, this one is very popular...

Truegamer5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use a sd card for games, you can use a usb stick, you can use an externall HDD, you can use even an mp3 player
just format it fat32 and copy the games like you do already with your "small stick"

i don't understand now the part you say "so i can double the use of my SD card"

if you want, you can buy a 32GB sd card and load the games from it
is better if you get an external HDD and put your games in it, if you want to make sure the drive you buy will work, get a WD my passport, this one is very popular...

Let me make this the most clear I can be, I load all my homebrew stuff like USB Loader WII64, and all that stuff through my SD card. I want to know if i can use that same SD card to store games without having to format it and just dedicate a certain part of the SD Card.

migles

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Let me make this the most clear I can be, I load all my homebrew stuff like USB Loader WII64, and all that stuff through my SD card. I want to know if i can use that same SD card to store games without having to format it and just dedicate a certain part of the SD Card.

you can do it the same way you do in usb. the card should be fat32, i am not sure if it works with exfat.
in the card there should be a wbfs folder, you put your games in there in the same way you put in the usb.

or you still use the old wbfs partition on your usb? you don't need to format your usb on special format anymore.

read my previous post, i already answered that question you asked. yes you can use your sd card for wii games without need to create a new partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: