NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

Jan 26, 2009

NOOB PARADISE - ask away by richglix at 11:58 PM (642,952 Views / 3 Likes) 12,123 Comments

AACThaKid Dark Wolf is watching

Message Count:
    United States
    okay...... i already have a soft-modded Black 4.3 Wii, i would like to play Gamecube games from the HHD not the SD...

everytime i go to try and play a gamecube game it says it has to copy to the HHD... it does this for Animal Crossing, Skies of Arcadia Legends and a few other games

do i need to use/install DIOS MIOS or DIOS MIOS (Lite) to be able to play from the HHD, i only have a 4gig sd card and dont have the money to but like a 16gig or 32gig

my HHD has a Fat32 and a WBFS part
    and i use: USB Loader GX
    Last edited by AACThaKid, Dec 23, 2012

• Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    It depend on the version of the homebrew you are using.

DIOS MIOS: only load gameCube backup from USB
    DIOS MIOS Lite: only load gameCube backup from SD

USBLoadergx 3.0 : Was released when DIOS MIOS didn't exit, so it don't know how to play from USB. Works only with DIOS MIOS Lite and SD card. the USB is only used to store the game until you want to play it.
    USBloaderGX beta past 3.0 : Working with DIOS MIOS and USB.

HDD : you need the first partition to be in FAT32, primary, 32k cluster size.
    If you have your first partition on the drive in WBFS, DIOS MIOS will not work.
    • Newcomer

UBW New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm new to this so i need a bit help. I'm having problems with the Main GameCube Custom Path. I was playing fine earlier till i encountered a problem, I went to see if it was reading my usb then it shows these weird symbols and folders. When i only have a game folder. I'm using dios mios 2.6 not the lite version. Can someone please help me solve this? Here's a screenshot.

Attached Files:

Last edited by UBW, Dec 24, 2012
    • Newcomer

misterdoo01 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I'm sure the answer to this is "no", but did the November 6th, 2012 update to the Wii have any effect on installing the Homebrew Channel (or any Homebrew/Hacking utilities for that matter)? Refurbished Wii systems and games are finally cheap enough that a little over 6 years after it's release, I'm finally picking one up. Also, how strong is homebrew N64 emulation support for the system?
    • Newcomer

NoWiiWii New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I could use some help. I just load an external hard drive with my .wbfs files and am trying to play them with wiiflow. All the games are listed on the wiiflow menu, but when I click play I get a black screen and then the wii reboots. What do I need to do to fix this problem. I installed wiiflow with modmii installer.

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Make sure your HDD is fat 32 cluster size 32 kb.
    Make sure your .wbfs games are IN a folder called wbfs on your HDD's root.

If you you use NTFS formatted HDD's, make sure your folders are sorted the same way as above.
    The reason your cover are showing is due to the fact your cover folder is set up the way it should.
    Covers and games are separately found by Wiiflow, use diferent paths.
    When tying to launch the preferred game, Wiiflow reboot because of the wrong game path.
    If you used wiibackup manager this problem would've not happened, this app set your folder structure as needed when tranferring Wii games to your HDD.
    • Newcomer

ashketchum9 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    If I play Negima!? for wii can I save even though it is a foreign game? I know you have to have a separate mem card for GCN but do I have to format for wii as well?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    it works fine for Wii games, there's no region restriction for save files.
    • Newcomer

NoWiiWii New Member

Message Count:
    United States

I did use wiibackup manager to transfer my .wbfs files on to the hard drive. I can get the games to play with usb loader no problem. Is it something with Wiiflow?
    • Newcomer

TheVlad New Member

Message Count:
    Sweden
    Good day gentlemen! I have a challenge for you! ;)
    I can't seem to load up my copies of monster hunter tri, klonoa and skyward sword from the usb loader gx. I don't know what the problem is really but some guy told me that I should update my softmod. I have softmodded my wii before but I don't remember really how I did it. I know that I used bannerbomb for installing the homebrew channel and the bootmii thing but that's about it. When it comes to all the ios's and cios's, I don't remember a damn thing! :( Guess I hit my head on a brick or something :p
    Sooooo my question to you guys is: can I softmod my wii >>again<< even if it already is softmodded? :S
    Or does someone have a better suggestion?
    (wii is 4.3e, my homebrew channel is appareantley 1.1.0 and my usb loader gx is 3.0)
    • Newcomer

NoWiiWii New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I also have a question regarding emulator forwarding channels. I installed a NES and Super NES channel on my wii through Homebrew. I am trying to install an N64 channel using MMM but I am getting a -2001 error message when trying to install. I've been searching the web and most of the material regarding this error type seems to be very outdated and not applicable to what I am doing. I recently installed the same .wad on a friends Wii and it works perfectly. My Wii is 4.1 and I would really prefer not to upgrade if I don't need to as everything else I am trying to use the Wii for is currently working fine.
  1. NoWiiWii
    This message by NoWiiWii has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 25, 2012, Reason: content deleted by user.
    Dec 25, 2012

person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Message Count:
    Canada
    I can't remember what that error means, but have you tried upgrading to the latest d2x cIOS? You can use modmii to do this, then try installing the channel using the new cIOS.

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    Yes there must be....

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    You need to install the latest cIOS.
    Use modmii by xflak to get the needed files.
    http://modmii.zzl.org/
    • Newcomer

Jyrkimon New Member

Message Count:
    Finland
    Hello! I need some help with my wii hacking

Long story short: I got really excited about speedrunning N64 Zelda games, bought a used wii from a gameshop dealer (can't contact the original wii owner), found out later that the wii was hacked (has homebrew channel, black ops, etc). Wii version is 4.3E, although I'm not sure if it was that before I accidentally updated the system after connecting the wii to internet (lol I had no idea what I was doing)

Anyhow, now I need to region change to US for NTSC N64 Games (faster gameplay). I've read through multiple guides but I find them very confusing and I am too afraid to follow them. I'm afraid that the hacking of the previous owner will affect my hacking somehow and I end up bricking my wii.

Is it safe to completely format the wii system memory so I can start hacking from the very beginning, or would that just make the situation worse?

Or should I just region change, download a wad manager and start playing the US WAD hoping I won't brick my wii?

Thanks for reading my wall of text & answering in advance <3
    Last edited by Jyrkimon, Dec 28, 2012
    • Newcomer

pauloution New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Good afternoon people. Noob Here with a quick question. After reading through the posts i can't find a definitive answer. When i first got my wii it was on software version 4.3u. I managed to successfully install The homebrew chanel using the letterbomb boot mii and i have all the right ios files to load games off a usb hard disk using cfg loader. All games work, even modern warfare 3 using ios 250. But I've came to a halt in my new found technical genius lol. Someone got my boy lego Batman 2 dc super heroes for Christmas, when he trys to play it its asking to update. I've declined them upto now as im unsure if it will mess up the homebrew channel and loose the ability to play games from the hdd. I'm now going to download the game anyway and use cfg but now he wants to put netflix on the wii and that needs an update too? So the question in a nutshell is: If i'm on 4.3u with homebrew and accept an update will i loose the homebrew channel? If i do update and loose it, what process (if any) will i need to do to restore it?

Thanks alot in advance.

Happy New Year!

DJPlace BREAKING NEWS!! i don't give a ****!!

Message Count:
    United States
    can anyone tell me what the latest 249 latest d2x cios version is out?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    1. google "d2x cIOS"
    2. click on the link going to http://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/
    3. click on the download tab

latest version is v10
    Congratulation, you found it yourself :)

You will see that there are 4 different versions...
    2 versions for Wii
    2 versions for WiiU's Virtual Wii
    Do not mix up the console's target or you will have problems.

one version is "v10" and the other one if "v10-alternative".
    What the differences between normal and alternative?
    It's explained on the Wiki page
    • Newcomer

DarkCoffe64 New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Hello guys, I'm here with a question about the latest Wii update...
    So, I want to download the app to transfer my Wii data to my Wii U, and, after that is done, mod my old Wii.
    The problem now is that it ask to update the Wii to download the app, but I'm worried I won't be able to mod
    the Wii after that... :unsure: Will my Wii still be moddable after I've updated it? :unsure:
    • Newcomer

geeb2002 New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Yes you will still be able to mod your wii after the update. Just use ModMii after you do the update and transfer. Follow the ModMii directions and you will be good to go.