Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case, I don't think it can do anything that's on your SD card, you'd have to move it over. It's wierd, though, if it's refusing to pack stuff that's inside the Wii itself.
I'm gonna feel like a complete DOLT if that's the case. All of these games are in fact stored and run from the SD card. Maybe moving them over to the Wii is what I need to do? If that's the case, I don't remember reading that anywhere... :wacko:

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'm gonna feel like a complete DOLT if that's the case. All of these games are in fact stored and run from the SD card. Maybe moving them over to the Wii is what I need to do? If that's the case, I don't remember reading that anywhere... :wacko:
OH, okay, yeah, You'd have to move them over, extract them, move them back and make space for the next set until you'd gotten to all of them, then.

Reactions: Kadin

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH, okay, yeah, You'd have to move them over, extract them, move them back and make space for the next set until you'd gotten to all of them, then.
Yup, just moved over one and like friggin MAGIC, it worked. You are the best spokesman for your peanut gallery! Thx a TON!

Reactions: Maxternal

Yuzo Morisaki 91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I'm in need of a hard disk drive for Wii. I'm buying a new one and I'm going for some 2TB AC-powered drive (which I could successfully use as WiiU external storage should I ever buy the console).
I found good deals for WD Elements Desktop 2.0 and WD My Book Essential 3.0 + 2.0. They have about the same cost from Italian Amazon where I'd shop.

Should I go for the My Book 3.0 model, which I guess is newer, or stick to 2.0 Elements?

I thought I should go for the 3.0 cause it's better on new 3.0 devices, and is a more discounted deal. But, I don't have any USB 3.0 devices at all, and both Wii and WiiU are 2.0.
So I mainly need a convenient solution that is consistent on Wii. I literally studied the compatibility list but you know, the 3.0 version is listed in multiple slots, with some saying it works, others say it doesn't, and others again saying everything labeled 3.0 works like junk with Wii.
Read other reports about users going mad with 3.0 version and others getting it to work perfectly without even noticing it was a newer device than the usual 2.0. By the way, all this feedbacks are pretty old, so any issue could have been fixed by this time.

I have softmodded to 4.1(E) using a popular, kinda updated guide and got the three "main" loaders and a DVD Launcher (I have a day one console).

Please just help me to get a working drive, that list wasn't clarifying at all. I found those two WDs at good prices but I could just go for other models and brands, I'd just love a drive compatible at its fullest with loaders and homebrews

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
i'm shopping for a wii atm,criagslist and ebay.any version of wii is good or which wii version should i look for?
Older or newer there are pro's and cons. The main bad thing about an older model is that it's more likely that something will be broken or worn out.

Here are the benefits you LOSE of the different versions as they get newer (if you're talking about running homebrew on it).
- early Wiis (made up to 2008?) can have bootmii installed as boot2. This gives them the best brick protection you can get. Later versions can't have this.
- Wiis made before the end of 2009 (mostly, those that didn't originally come with a motion plus controller or adapter) can read DVD-R disks and DVD movie disks. Also, before this point, all Wiis were white so you can be sure that any black or colored Wii's can't do this either.
- Wiis made before the end of 2011 have GameCube ports for GC controllers and memory cards and will accept the small GameCube game disks. The last one with this feature was the one that came with Mario Kart Wii and a wheel. Newer ones that don't work with GameCube didn't come with a stand to be placed upright and the words printed on the front (Wii, power, reset) are positioned to be read normally when the Wii is laying down.
- Wii mini's (top loaders) only have 1 USB port, can't connect to the Internet. Don't have an SD card port and are completely unhackable.

Dustinblack18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I finally got Super Smash Bros: Melee to launch off my usb running Devolution off of Homebrew, and now I am trying to figure out how to use action replay codes with it. I got all of the codes I needed converted to .gct, but I don't know where in my SD card to put them or how to activate them :o any help would be appreciated. Also, sorry Maxternal for not answering when I posted a couple of weeks ago, I got pretty distracted, but I managed to eventually get it set up and running.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, got another question for you all. My Wii is fully softmodded via ModMii and I'm using a USB drive to launch all of my backed up Wii games via Configurable USB Loader.

I have about 10 GC games that I'm able to rip into .iso and would like to run these on my Wii. I've seen a number of threads but most of them are severely dated. What's the preferred method to playing these on my Wii? My USB with the Wii games is formatted for wbfs so I assume I can't put the iso files on there. I have a Windows backup HDD that's formatted in NTFS but I don't think that will work either.

I do have a spare 4GB SD card that I can use if that works. Just trying to see the proper way to: A) Launch GC .iso's, and B) Where to store them (preferably).

Thanks!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you need fat for GC loading
so you either need to use the sd or change one of your hdds to fat
both wbfs(sig) and ntfs(google) should be convertable without loss of data

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I've got DiosMios installed and I'll be grabbing another ext HDD formatted for Fat32. Which app do I use to actually run the backups? I have NeoGamma as well but it looks like it only loads DML via an SD card. Or HDD that are formatted to wbfs.

I have a Kingston 4GB SD card that I put the proper .iso files onto in the correct /game/<game name> path from DiscEX 0.9 and NeoGamma sees the games but when I go to load them (with a GC disc in the tray), it says "connection lost" after a few seconds.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Ok so I've got DiosMios installed and I'll be grabbing another ext HDD formatted for Fat32. Which app do I use to actually run the backups? I have NeoGamma as well but it looks like it only loads DML via an SD card. Or HDD that are formatted to wbfs.

I have a Kingston 4GB SD card that I put the proper .iso files onto in the correct /game/<game name> path from DiscEX 0.9 and NeoGamma sees the games but when I go to load them (with a GC disc in the tray), it says "connection lost" after a few seconds.
- NeoGamma hasn't been updated in a while and it might not be compatible with the last few versions (2.1 and up)
- Dios Mios can ONLY run off of USB. it's Dios Mios LITE that can ONLY run off of SD cards.
- The right app to run them is either PostLoader, USBLoader GX, WiiFlow, CFG USB Loader, or DM(L) Booter and your best bet is getting the latest version (for GX this means the latest BETA because the last official release is 3.0 and is about as old as NeoGamma.)

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- NeoGamma hasn't been updated in a while and it might not be compatible with the last few versions (2.1 and up)
- Dios Mios can ONLY run off of USB. it's Dios Mios LITE that can ONLY run off of SD cards.
- The right app to run them is either PostLoader, USBLoader GX, WiiFlow, CFG USB Loader, or DM(L) Booter and your best bet is getting the latest version (for GX this means the latest BETA because the last official release is 3.0 and is about as old as NeoGamma.)
Ok I have the latest of CFG USB Loader already installed and it's just a matter I guess of finding how to access the games because I only see my Wii games, not the GC games. CFG does show that DML is installed but when I go to change the device over to SD from USB, it looks like it wants a wbfs formatted device. I know I'm missing something here.

OK I updated to the latest (mod) .dol for CFG and they're there and working! :)

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
I wanna use Dios Mios, not the LITE version.
I have a soft+chipmodded wii with HDD 500gb with over 200 gb of wii games.

Can I install GC games on the same partition as the wii games?
Can I install GC games with WBFS manager from an .GCM iso ( not a disc ).

Please tip me if anyone know.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install GC games on the same partition as the wii games? = As long as the drive is formatted as FAT32, nothing else.
Can I install GC games with WBFS manager from an .GCM iso ( not a disc ). = No

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can I install GC games on the same partition as the wii games? = As long as the drive is formatted as FAT32, nothing else.
afaik: as long as the fat32 partition with the GC games (and HBC programs) is the FIRST one the hdd CAN have other fs behind that one
eg a ntfs/ext234/hpfs for holding large files

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna use Dios Mios, not the LITE version.
I have a soft+chipmodded wii with HDD 500gb with over 200 gb of wii games.

Can I install GC games on the same partition as the wii games?
Can I install GC games with WBFS manager from an .GCM iso ( not a disc ).

Please tip me if anyone know.
I wanna say that I just followed the tutorial here from PsyBlade and it worked perfectly, converting my WBFS drive to FAT32. I always hated having a WBFS drive isolated to just Wii games. Now I have a FAT32 drive with the games all working as they did before AND my GC games - all in one. Read it thoroughly and follow the steps as he has listed out. My experience was great using the program.

Lord Coolman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Uh... Something really strange is happening to my Wii, and it was repaired a few days ago. I just upgraded some old applications (CFG USB, Priiloader and WIISX), DM (2.6) and cIOS (d2x v10 b53 alt), and my GC controller stopped working, but only in DM. It works in VC games and Wii compatible games. I reinstalled DM a couple of times, different versions, MIOS v10, uninstall, and still nothing. What the hell can i do? And the trick of the original GC game isn't possible for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Musk sues Hyundai in 3... 2... 1...