NOOB PARADISE - ask away

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by richglix, Jan 26, 2009.

Jan 26, 2009

NOOB PARADISE - ask away by richglix at 11:58 PM (628,609 Views / 3 Likes) 12,076 Comments

• Global Moderator

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Message Count:
    France
    Are you using 480i or 480p setting?
    I don't see anything wrong in the system menu, and in Zelda it's maybe the way the game video engine renders it, as the Wii doesn't have Anti Aliasing, it looks jaggy. (but you didn't notice it before softmodding?)
    I have these weird jaggy edges in the volcano level too.

Sorry, I'm not sure if there's something wrong.
    Did you check another game?

• Newcomer

William Knights New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    I'm using 60hz (480i), it worked well before I tried to hack.
    In the system menu you may notice that oblique lines are irregular. I seems that pixels moves or blinks. So do while playing games, Link's body is terrible! The same happens in the forest, e.g. the grass is irregular. I checked more than a retail game and a backup, I got the same problem.

My resolution used to be just like in this gameplay (click) before.
    Last edited by William Knights, Jan 5, 2013

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    You cann easily convert to fat32 in just seconds. it safer, much safer...

Hielkenator New Member

Message Count:
    Netherlands
    It is the case with tv's not being able to handle a certain kind of video input.
    • Newcomer

William Knights New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    Ehr... I haven't changed my tv, and it worked well before; I tried with another tv too, but same problem.

Anyway I sent my wii to nintendo support, I had no choice ^^

Thanks to everybody for helping me ^^
    Last edited by William Knights, Jan 8, 2013
    • Newcomer

cooldoggie New Member

Message Count:
    Canada
    I just recently got an old wii from a friend, its at version 3.2u and im wondering if anyone can show me what i need and how to hack it so i can play wii/VC/emulator games on it.

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    Use ModMii for Windows. It will as you a few questions about what you want and then download everything you'll need and generate an extremely easy to follow custom guide of how to do the hacking.
    • Newcomer

uxutwist New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, so my brother gave me his wii, and it's already hacked with homebrew. My only problem is that when I go to play a game, it tells me to update the wii system. Will this get rid of homebrew? And my brother says yes, it will so I need to find the latest hacked update, but I'm having a lot of trouble.. Help? :)

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    Use ModMii for Windows to update. It'll give you all the newest stuff that's important without getting rid of homebrew and also block those pesky updates so games will run without even checking for them.
    • Newcomer

uxutwist New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I have a mac, and I found a website that enables me to install it but it won't let me open it because there's no application that will work with it.

Message Count:
    Costa Rica
    Okay, good point.
    What you would use is PriiLoader. You install it with the installer app and then you reset your Wii and hold down the reset button when it's starting up and it will load PriiLoader instead of the system menu. From there you install a hacks file. My favorite is this one
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/4-1x-4-2x-4-3x-hacks-ini.237575/
    (as long as you have a version 4.1, 4.2, or 4.3 system menu ... which you can find out at the top of the screen in the settings menus) but for that one you'll have to go into PriiLoader settings first and enable the option to use older hacks.ini file.
    OR
    you could use the one that ModMii would down load for you, which you can get here :
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/74562700/ModMii/PriiloaderHacks_2.zip
    either way, you put the INI file in the /apps/priiloader folder on your SD card and you should be able to install it to PriiLoader.
    From there you turn on the system menu hacks to block disk updates and online updates (I would also suggest turning on everything region free and moving the disk channel but it's up to you)

That should pretty well fix your problem.
    • Newcomer

Arceus90 New Member

Message Count:
    Albania
    I'll be brief.
    Don't know how many times you already had to answer it.

I've got (actually it was a gift) a new model Black Wii. That nightmarish model that can't support GameCube games. At least it's hacked to play Wii games on External HD.
    But I can't stand the idea I'll not play GC games on Wii. this. I have no idea of how it works. This neither.
    Anyway I won't rest 'till I find a way to play GC games on my Wii. And I won't, ever, deliver this gift to the person who gave it to me.
    I beg for a solution, and thanks so much for helping me.
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    If you can't connect a GameCube controller, you can't play GameCube Games.

Devolution allows the use of a USB keyboard instead of the GameCube Controller, but you need a way to read a Retail Game Disc.
    If the Black Wii reject GameCube Disc, you can't use Devolution either.

If you want to play GC, you'll have to buy a white Wii with GC ports.
    • Newcomer

Amyrosie I'm trying!! :-)

Message Count:
    Canada
    Hello! I hope you're all doing well today! [IMG]

I really, really, need your help. I've been trying since yesterday to get my USB microphone to work with my Wii. I use USB Loader GX and a hard drive. I noticed that only one of the USB ports works, so I can't load my backup and plug in the microphone at the same time.

I've been looking at multiple guides, but this one in particular :http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-games/97...nce-games.html

I checkedmy system and everything seems to be in workingorder! I tried to start GH5, GH6, Band Hero, but everytime it says I have to plug in the Logitech microphone.

I tried to launch the games with IOS223 (37+38), IOS222(38 v4), IOS224(57), IOS249(56), IOS250(57). I'm completely at a loss here. I tried configurable USB loader, WiiFlow and USB Loader GX, but nothing works...here's my syscheck:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!

If there is anything I can do, please, do tell. I thank you very much in advance. You guys are awesome!

P.S : This is not meant to be publicity or anything, I just want to show you which microphone I've bought. When I plug it in my computer, it works and is detected as a RedOctane uSB microphone...(there's the GH logo on it)
    Thank you....
    Last edited by Amyrosie, Jan 13, 2013
    • Newcomer

realmrcool New Member

Message Count:
    Germany
    hi,

i'd need some help too:
    i have a wii with wode jukebox
    die fireware is 4.2 or so, so i can only play pal games.
    what options do i have to change the regional code?
    and how dangerous are they for my wii?
    i found a video were a guy only uses the woode in the 4.2 fireware but no softmod.
    so whats the best way to do it, without bricking my console???

, thx for the help & kind regards realmrcool
    • Forum Moderator

BortzANATOR Tony Stark's pet spider

Message Count:
    United States
    lol I need help again.

1. My homebrew channel is upside down. fix?
    2.I cant access the wii shop anymore, I thought i had Dop Shop installed but i guess Nintendo updated or something.
    3. My WBFS drive doesnt seem to be accepting games larger than 4 gigs?
    • Global Moderator

Message Count:
    France
    1. and 2. You probably patched your IOS58.
    Reinstall a clean IOS58 (use IOS58 installer, or modMii)

3. Your WBFS manager is maybe outdated? is it the latest version? Try dumping the game directly in the USBLoader instead of writing the ISO to the partition with a manager.
    You don't want to use FAT32 instead?
    Or is there no Wii Manager in FAT32 for Mac?

@Amyrosie:
    Did you connect the microphone before starting the game? (even better, before starting the console)
    d2x v8 is not Plug-and-Play for USB Accessories. you need to connect them before launching the game/loader/or console (I don't have any to test).

Another way is to update your cIOS to d2x v10-alt (the Alt version allow you to connect USB accessories after the game is started, but some HDD doesn't work fine with Alt version)
    BortzANATOR likes this.
    • Newcomer

Amyrosie I'm trying!! :-)

Message Count:
    Canada
    Thanks for your answer. I've been starting my console with my USB microphone already plugged-in. I will try to update my Cios to the d2x v10-atl version to see if it changes anything.

EDIT: Unfortunatly, it didn't change anything. I tried to connect my HDD to port 1 to make sure it would work but it's not detected...I was wondering if it was the reason my microphone wasn't working... Here is my updated syscheck:
    WARNING! Spoilers inside!
    Last edited by Amyrosie, Jan 13, 2013
    • Forum Moderator

BortzANATOR Tony Stark's pet spider

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks Cyan :D so with modmii how do i install it? Like can you give me concise step by step instructions? Im kinda bad at this.

ddetkowski New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You install ModMii on your PC, not Wii, and it basically will DL all files it needs for you. Just follow its steps