Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that the newer Wiis have is the D3-2 Drive Chipset which prevents backups from being played, so just hack it like the White Wiis!!

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, it's been awhile since I've done anything hack-wise with the Wii and I'm thinking about getting up to speed, but I'm not sure how to proceed and not lose any functionality.

Where I'm at:
Bootmii on Boot2
Preloader (not Priiloader) not sure which version
SM 4.2, IIRC, that's the one that enabled stuff to be moved to SD correct?
Whatever cIOS that was released right after SM 4.2 was released
Couple of different USB loaders (Wiiflow and GX I think)
Old version of HBC, whichever one was released after SM 4.2
Old version of Hermes cIOS to allow for Rock Band to be played via USB loader

What I'd Like to accomplish:
Get my cIOS installation up to date
See if I can use SNEEK or UNEED to run from SD card (If possible)
Move all my DLC for Rock Band onto an SDHC card (think I'd need the above to accomplish this)
Keep full USB loader functionality

There are a bunch of different things I think I need to do, but I'm having trouble getting all the docs together that I think I'd need. Can someone point me in the right direction?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@pumkinut: just use modmii or the modify any wii guide, both are stickied at the top of the wii hacking section

I also have a quick quetion. Does anyone know what exactly the wii maintenance mode is for? I remeber on my friends old wii stopped working correctly, they couldn't start any games, but if they went in to maintinence mode the games ran fine, so I'm just wondering what it does?

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
The below guide explains below how to get a virgin NAND for SNEEK and UNEEK. I was wondering would I be able to perform the same process to install a virgin NAND on my Wii.

I ask this because my Wii seems to screw up every now and then (USB loader backups crash at random) and the only way to fix it is to either restore NAND with BootMii or remove all cIOS shit and other homebrew software I have on the Wii and reinstall it. Until now I've been happy to restore NAND when it fucks up, but today my friend warned me about flash wear and tear so my Wii memory may be unwritable if I don't stop doing this.

Also recently its been fucking up more and more frequently. It was working fine yesturday morning, but yesturday night it wasn't. The only new software I ran on it between that time was VBAGX. It was only a week ago when I last fixed it.

QUOTE said:
EXTRA:HOW TO GET VIRGIN NAND FOR SNEEK & UNEEK
Needed:[Only Registered Members May View Links| Click here to register]

1. Download the iOS for the SM you will be using with NUSD, make sure you decrypt it and pack a .wad
2. Download System Menu you want with NUSD, decrypt it and pack a .wad
Also download these ios 9,12,15,17,21,22,28,33,34,35,36,37,38,53,55,56,(57,58)
3. Create a New folder on desktop (name it "New NAND")
4. Open ShowMiiWads
5. Click on Options -> Change NAND backup path. Select the folder you just created.
6. Click on View -> ShowMiiWads open the folder where SM.wad and your SM iOS.wad are.When they load up right click and select extract to Nand.In the folder you created you will have these folders

* shared1
* sys
* ticket
* title

9. Copy your setting.txt & iplsave.bin from an actual dump to the /title/00000001/00000002/data folder that was created in your new folder.
10.Copy your cert.sys & uid.sys from an actual dump to /sys/
11. Copy the four folders: title,ticket,sys,shared1 to the root of whatever device you are going to be using to host your NAND.
11. Launch SNEEK/UNEEK and it will be as if it is the first time you started your wii

source http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...ware-sneek.html

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, quick question. I bought Super Mario Galaxy 2 at the beginning of summer and only played it once because I had this summer job in another state for two months so I wasn't able to play it. I haven't played it since I've been back but I put it in the wii today and the disc channel is telling me that a system update is now required in order to play it. I know that in the past these mandatory updates have removed hacks on stuff so I wanted to know if anyone knows what I'm talking about and whether it's safe to update my wii. I also know there are apps I could download to bypass the update if necessary but I'd like to keep this as simple as possible so what should I do?

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
Install Priiloader and the 4.x Hacks.ini file!

Alright I went to do that and I got this error message when trying to install priiloader (I edited the picture a little to make it slightly easier to read)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The bottom line says "Unable to move the system menu, aborting mission..."

What do I do now?

Edit: Nevermind I guess I missed the part where I could hold b to bypass whatever the problem was. It installed successfuly but now I can't find it on the hbc. Sorry for the noobness

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dn_angel000 said:
What buttons did u press 2 install it? I 4get what they were!
Well I held b when I went to install it, if that's what you're asking. It said it would use IOS249 and that worked. But now I dont see priiloader working. If it's supposed to pop up before the system menu when I boot my wii that isn't happening. I also have bootmii so I don't know if that makes a difference. Does anyone know what the update actually is? Does it want me to update to 4.3?

dn_angel000

Phantom User
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 0.5 update? It's supposed 2 prevent the temporary HBC from being deleted but not really needed with the new version(s) that r available! From I remember when I used it on 4.3U back in those days I had 2 have the Hacks.ini file on the ROOT of the SD card! Do u have the Hacks.ini file??

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm actually on 4.2U right now. I do have the correct firmware/region hacks.ini code on the root of my SD though so I don't know what the problem is.

Edit: Should I just get the latest HackMii and update my system via the disc channel or are there disadvantages to 4.3?

foolontehill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you held down the B button when installing it, and every thing seemed to work. Then you access it by holding the reset button when you power on your Wii.

hack3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
foolontehill said:
If you held down the B button when installing it, and every thing seemed to work. Then you access it by holding the reset button when you power on your Wii.

THANK YOU! I did not know that. Worked like a charm!

And thank you too dn_angel000 for all of your help
smile.gif

shinyazz52

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok , so im on 4.1e , using cIOSx rev20b , bootmii as boot2, i recently updated everything using pimp my wii , everything seems to be working fine so here `s my questions
1. Do i need to update bootmii?
2. Should i install priiloader and do i need to update to 4.2 to do it ?
3. Does multi mod manager have the priiloader hacks ? cheers

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shinyazz52 said:
ok , so im on 4.1e , using cIOSx rev20b , bootmii as boot2, i recently updated everything using pimp my wii , everything seems to be working fine so here `s my questions
1. Do i need to update bootmii?
2. Should i install priiloader and do i need to update to 4.2 to do it ?
3. Does multi mod manager have the priiloader hacks ? cheers

1. No/if you want
2. Yes but no you don't have to update
3. I don't know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1