Hacking Nintendont

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Seeing as how the Wiimote minus button got in, if I were to add say... the Wiimote Home button could I not just...
Add to PADReadGC.c:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_HOME)
    goto Shutdown;
To exit with the Wiimote Home button.
And add to global.h and BT.h "#define WM_BUTTON_HOME 0x0000" <-- What would go here? Since random numbers don't seem to do anything.
Any help?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anybody clamoring for an update function, it's already possible. Not in Nintendont itself, but there's an app for that :P

A while back, when Gave92 was actively working on his Wiibrowser, he made a custom mod for me that I was hoping to use for an in-loader shop of sorts that could download just about anything wii related, and install it right where it needs to be. All that would need to be done is make a shortcut pointing to a static link (say the one on the front page) and launch it from your loader.

I had hoped to complete this, but things were complicated by other matters, and the project fell by the wayside.

quad0

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Confirming that r157 fixed my stick dead-zone / centering issue with the Wii U Pro Controller in Mario Sunshine. Thx a lot Fix94!

Now looking forward to the hacks to fake the analog triggers with digital triggers. I like the idea of the multiple trigger presses. Maybe it could be good to add a little value smoothing/ramping so that values are not always 0x80 and 0xFF. Would make it more real imo.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Why is Wiimote rumble an option? Why not just enable it by default? If a user wants to disable rumble, they can do so in the game settings.

Also, could we maybe move the button toggle to a button on the wiimote instead of the select button on CCP? My fear is that anybody using the Mayflash Gamecube/CC adapter will accidentally switch their button layout when they really mean to pause the game, as a single press of the start button=select.

Also wondering how rumble will work with Mayflash+wired GC controller...

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This new "calibrating the bluetooth controller analog sticks now when you sync the controller" has finally fixed the issue I was having with my WiiU Pro Controller. Been mostly just playing Paper Mario TTYD and Mario would always walk slowly to the left, but as of this latest rev (2.157 I believe?) it is fully fixed. Thanks a lot!

Edit: Yup, ripped my copy of Double Dash and there's no problems playing it with a WiiU Pro Controller whatsoever.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't forcing video modes supposed to be fixed? I'm still getting 480i when forcing 480p
@Anyone with Nyko Pro Commanders, Does it seem like the transition between the main directions and diagonals are a bit jerky on the analog stick?

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG THANK YOU FIX94!!!!

My WiiU Pro Contollers analog is PERFECT!!!

I immediately tried out Super Monkey Ball, and when the ball landed, there was ZERO movement on impact!!!

I cannot thank you enough for fixing the analog sensitivity! :-D

Can't wait to enjoy many hours of reliving Super Monkey Ball!

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where do we stand on the controller port switching thing? A Wiimote button toggle or button combo (L+select) would be nice. Then there's the issue where when a controller gets shut off, the players on ports above that get switched down.

This actually gave me an idea for a work around for the MGS Psycho Mantis battle. It would involve having all four controllers in front of you, and when the time comes to switch, powering off your controller, powering the others up and turning your controller back on. :P

Reactions: VinsCool

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a weird issue with Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I made it through the prologue chapter, then saved and went to start the next chapter...only to have it freeze. Every time I start the game up, it freezes when I try to start that chapter again. The iso works perfectly in Devo, so I don't think it's messed up... I'm running it on a Wii U on r157, on a USB.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
So where do we stand on the controller port switching thing? A Wiimote button toggle or button combo (L+select) would be nice. Then there's the issue where when a controller gets shut off, the players on ports above that get switched down.

This actually gave me an idea for a work around for the MGS Psycho Mantis battle. It would involve having all four controllers in front of you, and when the time comes to switch, powering off your controller, powering the others up and turning your controller back on. :P

Heads up if you didn't already know, the controller issue is not complicated.

1) Battle Psycho mantis
2) Die
3) Battle him again
3) Die
4) Codec rings during third fight, tells you you have cereal jammed in Port 2, allows you to attack Mantis in port 1 after shooting the statues, as described in the call
5) In-game failsafe!

Reactions: VinsCool

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a weird issue with Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I made it through the prologue chapter, then saved and went to start the next chapter...only to have it freeze. Every time I start the game up, it freezes when I try to start that chapter again. The iso works perfectly in Devo, so I don't think it's messed up... I'm running it on a Wii U on r157, on a USB.

post your save file so others can test it/fix94 can fix it

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seeing as how the Wiimote minus button got in, if I were to add say... the Wiimote Home button could I not just...
Add to PADReadGC.c:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & WM_BUTTON_HOME)
    goto Shutdown;
To exit with the Wiimote Home button.
And add to global.h and BT.h "#define WM_BUTTON_HOME 0x0000" <-- What would go here? Since random numbers don't seem to do anything.
Any help?

The value for the Home button is 0x0080 FOR THE WIIMOTE.
For the Classic Controller it is 0x0800.

What is it that you are trying to do?

You can actually just change the WM_BUTTON_HOME for the hex value, like this:
Code:
if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0080)
    goto Shutdown;
That's actually how Nintendont works with the button inputs.

Change the source code and then compile it to see if you get the desired result.

Reactions: SuperrSonic

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
so, the nintendont allready recognizes all the button preses on the wiimote? its just a thing of asigning the preses to actions in controller.ini?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up a used pair of Donkey Kong Bongos anlog with Donkey konga and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat.
I cant get Donkey Kong Jungle Beat to reconize to bongos. It keeps thinking it is a gamecube contoller which dosent work. They are reconized fine in Donkeykonga. Running v2.157 on a wii. The compatability list says it works. Did it get broken, never worked or something I am doing wrong?

cashonly

Trophies
XP
Country
how about the xbox controllers? xbox clasic and xbox 360 wirelles (but with usb receiver), the clasic controller can easely be moded with a usb plug. that controllers will work bether than any noname hid usb controler, even better than wii clasic controller or gamecube controller. wil they be suported?

P.S. i dont just ask for things :P if you need it, i can help. i dont know how to code, but if you need to edit text, etc i can help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box]... +1