ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
new version, more controller stuff:
-calibrating the bluetooth controller analog sticks now when you sync the controller, the first value it reads will be taken as the analog stick middle, to recalibrate just reconnect the controller
-if you press "-" on your wiimote it will enable/disable rumble
-if you press "-" on your classic controller/wiiu pro controller, it will change the control scheme to be rotated a quarter clockwise or to the original control scheme
-if you hold "L" on your classic controller/wiiu pro controller, your inputs on ZL/ZR will be used as half pressed L and R buttons ingame

And that makes my MOD usless :D
Haha.
Thank you FIX94!

I was looking at the PADReadGC.c code and now I see why I wasn't getting Mario to run and water...
7F -,-
Goddamn that 7F. XD

What version are you using?
Luigi's Mansion is working as of 2.155 and on.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
And things just keep getting better and better. Round of donations again :-P lol

And that makes my MOD usless :D
Haha.
Thank you FIX94!

I was looking at the PADReadGC.c code and now I see why I wasn't getting Mario to run and water...
7F -,-
Goddamn that 7F. XD
Btw that doesn't make your mod useless, not only do u have Ustealth support but it seemed to me like u were having a good time learning and fiddling with code as well :)

Although isn't your button swap code now redundant.

Reactions: VinsCool

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People, seriously stop it with the Nunchuck+Wiimote thing.

If you want to play FPS and Racing NGC games with those, you are fine with the abundant range of controllers you have available right now.
Programming IR in conjuction with the app is a severe pain in the ass, I know for sure since one of my school projects was based on that, and to get the pointer to be smooth and responsive is quite a hard task even with a simplistic tool as GlovePIE.

I say just drop dead with that topic, leave it be dead for now since it is not important right now.
Now that the most requested features are supported (Bluetooth and Audio Streaming) the next would be compatibility and some code clean.
Other major features might come after that, but seriously stop asking about Nunchuck.
FIX94 already said he has no interest in adding that feature now, and I respect that decision and support it.

Out of that, about the Digital/Analog triggers MOD I've been working on...

Rob Blou already pointed me in the right direction.
The code I made WAS CORRECT, I did get analog values out of pressing L+ZR, and if I let go the L button the controllers reacts with a Full Press.
The problem here is, Rob Blou said that in his controller.ini, he had two different offsets for the Analog Triggers to work on a Digital button controller.
L=3,01 and R=3,02 are the values he has in his controller ini along with offsets 12 and 13 for the 00 - FF range.
The values 01 and 02 are the ones that indicate exactly WHEN the triggers are being fully pressed.
In the Bluetooth code, we have the 02 value enabled by default, so it doesn't matter if you have FF or 00 in the code, it will ALWAYS make Mario stop because the 02 value is always enabled.

Now I gotta search for that particular part of the code that works with such value and see if I can "disable it" in the L+ZR/ZL combo, and then let it be enabled in the sole press of ZR.

Well then, gotta start looking for that offset and 02...
By any chance would the compatibility include the Triforce arcade games or is that a totally different situation because of them not being actual gamecube games?

ObeseFeline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been brought up, but on the Wii U at least, the "new" Wiimotes (those with Motion Plus built in and that are incompatible with certain other homebrews) don't work with the bluetooth code. I was trying to get my CC pro to work, and the only way it would was to use my old original Wii remote.

Either way, you guys are awesome, thanks again for the hard work.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been brought up, but on the Wii U at least, the "new" Wiimotes (those with Motion Plus built in and that are incompatible with certain other homebrews) don't work with the bluetooth code. I was trying to get my CC pro to work, and the only way it would was to use my old original Wii remote.

Either way, you guys are awesome, thanks again for the hard work.

Mine work just fine with the bluetooth code...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And things just keep getting better and better. Round of donations again :-P lol

Btw that doesn't make your mod useless, not only do u have Ustealth support but it seemed to me like u were having a good time learning and fiddling with code as well :)

Although isn't your button swap code now redundant.

The button swap I have makes the other button combo the default one, while the literal A-A mapping is the one enabled when you press select :P

Reactions: MassiveRican

ObeseFeline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine work just fine with the bluetooth code...

Whoops! It wasn't responding before, despite being synced and everything, but now it's working. Apparently taking the batteries out mid-game made it work. Weird.

So yeah my bad, carry on with the nunchuck discussion.

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wrote yesterday about a problem where my Classic Controller Pro (original) would stick to the left or right from time to time when playing a game (mainly mario kart dd). I was using r155 on a wii.

Just as an update, the latest version (r157) has the same problem only this time, when it occurs, it is more "violent", like it pushes to the left or right faster and it doesn't snap out of it right away when I push towards the opposite direction.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
your controller must have damage then or something because that behavior is not normal. Try to make sure the sticks are centered and replug the controller to recalibrate it ingame, maybe that helps.

solidhit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
FIX94

Like I wrote on my original message, I own two of these controllers (a european black and a white one imported from USA).

Right after I read your message, I ran nintendont and mario kart (PAL) making sure both sticks were centered and I unplugged then replugged my ccp inside the game. I repeated these steps for both of my controllers.

They both produce the same issue I mentioned in my previous message.

I also use my ccp on wii games and there doesn't seem to be an issue with these.

Just before ending this message, I took out a third original classic controller (not pro) and gave it a try and its the same thing.

Could it be a game related issue as I do all testing on the same game (mario kart dd)?

Farowe

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You see, i appreciate the effort which has been invested by the developers and i kinda know what are the priorities for the further updates; however, i don´t want to sound ungrateful but im curious: you see, i have a 4tb hdd in which i store my backup games for the ps3, 360 and wii consoles, the thing is: i need my hdd´s first partition to be ntfs due to the size of the other console´s backups AND due to the way the other backup loaders work (can´t split isos for fat32 loading). To keep the story short, i really have a need for nintendont to support NTFS and my real concern here is if NTFS support for nintendont is even considered to be implemented on the further updates. Again, im not ungrateful, im curious, and i am in no way trying to put pressure on the developers; i have been following this topic since many months ago and since the recent updates trespassed the bluetooth support milestone i got to wonder if this other minor feature (ntfs support) could be implemented in the future. Thanks again for the effort you have invested on this projecy, i got to say you have surpassed my expectations.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played a few hours with the bt controllers in mkdd already without a single issue, none of my testers can confirm your problems so I dont know what to say.
I have a small related issue with loading melee from an SD card. When the character select screen loads, the cursor goes up and right for a few seconds, kind of close to an SD card-speed related lag spike.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1