Hacking Nintendont

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
2.153:
So exactly how do I get the Wii U pro working?
I also ask what #13060 asks

Procedure so far seems to be:
1. Open sync menu or use red button in Wii system menu,
2. sync it: It is synced when it stops blinking very shortly.
3. It will auto connect after Nintendon't has launched(assuming it is synced), in correct player slot

Of course, I can't get it to work in any games either. It will correctly show player, is synced up, but it has no input.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
How hard would it be to map some shortcuts to just the wiimote, things like resetting, exiting and maybe widescreen toggling? I'm not requesting anything just curious to know why it wasn't added.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How hard would it be to map some shortcuts to just the wiimote, things like resetting, exiting and maybe widescreen toggling? I'm not requesting anything just curious to know why it wasn't added.
it is probably not hard but you know, the dev's that work on it might think in other possibilities and have other idea's than the users have and also focus on different stuff.

del_delly

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Its on the todo list along with being able to use buttons as bind toggle, so that you can use a PS2 controller in Sunshine.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome.
Tried connecting the CCP to the wiimote with Sunshine to test Analog triggers, but they work as not-press or fully-pressed, making Mario stop to flush water.
BUT... I tried disconnecting the CCP and connecting a regular CC with analog triggers...

OH GOD! It recognized it without having to change anything! Just unplug CCP, plug CC and that was it, ANALOG TRIIGERS!
What a wonder!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HARD WORK!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have computer problems for a few weeks and finally come back and ...

LOVING THOSE CHANGE LOGS
audio streaming and bluetooth yeah baby!!!!

now I just need to get my devkit back up so I can make a ustealth compatible mod
(and one that doesn't even access the disk from the loader on autoboot so I can leave my Wii U disk connected all the time ;) )

Reactions: MassiveRican

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have computer problems for a few weeks and finally come back and ...

LOVING THOSE CHANGE LOGS
audio streaming and bluetooth yeah baby!!!!

now I just need to get my devkit back up so I can make a ustealth compatible mod
(and one that doesn't even access the disk from the loader on autoboot so I can leave my Wii U disk connected all the time ;) )

Maxternal, you were the one that made a custom build of Devo to change the button mapping, right?
I am trying to do the same to make a custom build of Nintendont to swap around the four main buttons, but I can't figure out what are the HEX inputs for the CC butons A, B, Y and X.

My plan is to switch around A for B, B for Y, and so on.
Would you help me out?

I know the following:
All four buttons (A, B, Y and X) are located in byte 5 at 0xa40008.
The bit for each button is A-> 4, B-> 6, Y-> 5 and X-> 3

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Cyan

Can you add Mayflash classic controller to GameCube controller adapter [W007] under the bluetooth section of the what gamepads work?

Edit: or maybe add it into the notes for bluetooth? I'm not really sure where the best spot to put it.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maxternal, you were the one that made a custom build of Devo to change the button mapping, right?
I am trying to do the same but I can't figure out what are the HEX inputs for the CC butons A, B, Y and X.
Would you help me out?
I know the following:
All four buttons (A, B, Y and X) are located in byte 5 at 0xa40008.
The bit for each button is A-> 4, B-> 6, Y-> 5 and X-> 3

Actually, for Devolution all I had to do was change a setting for direct button mapping from off to on. I didn't have to play around with the hex values at all. That was done for me.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the latest Nintendont build working using wiiflow as the loader? It code dumps every time for me when I select a game cube game. It doesnt even get to the nintendont loader. I have completely reinstalled wiiflow thinking that might solve it but no go. If anyone has this working can you please tell me which version of wiiflow you are using. I am using Abz' r1075 mod. Also just tried r1075 official and it black screens on every gamecube game

Also nintendont is still having the same problem with Simpsons hit and run. The game loads and plays fine from usbgx but when launched from the nintendont loader it freezes at the first screen (isn't that really wierd).

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GOT IT!
Ok so for ANYONE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE BUTTON LAYOUT for the CCP to a more comfortable setting do the following:

1) Open up PADReadGC.c from here: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/detail?r=153#
2) Go to line 503 and you will find this:

Code:
503    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0008)
504    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_X;
505    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0010)
506    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_A;
507    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0020)
508    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_Y;
509    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0040)
510    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_B;

3) Now, we will makes the following changes in the buttons:

Gamecube Button = Classic Controller Button
  • A = B
  • B = Y
  • Y = X
  • X = A
In the code we will make these changes:
503 + if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0008)
504 + button |= PAD_BUTTON_A;
505 + if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0010)
506 + button |= PAD_BUTTON_B;
507 + if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0020)
508 + button |= PAD_BUTTON_X;
509 + if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0040)
510 + button |= PAD_BUTTON_Y;

And there we go :D
Now compile the build to make a custom version of Nintendont with the buttons swapped to this mapping.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Cyan , do you have any comments to add about this ?

I used the latest open source version, before the last one with bluetooth support.
It's maybe related to the IOS used.
IOS 58 check USB port in reversed order, port1 then port0.

If you have both drives connected, maybe the memory card is trying to access port1 (first encountered drive when using IOS58).

Did you try to swap the drives? Wii games on port0, nintendont on port1?

darkseekerliu

Advanced Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
GOT IT!
Ok so for ANYONE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE BUTTON LAYOUT for the CCP to a more comfortable setting do the following:
Now compile the build to make a custom version of Nintendont with the buttons swapped to this mapping.

Shadow, as soon you have compiled your version, please upload it for us....

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Shadow, as soon you have compiled your version, please upload it for us....

Sure thing, let me just download everything needed to compile haha.
Once I have compiled it and testes it, I will upload it and hopefully it can be added to the repository.

One question, from where can I download the whole files package to compile the app?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Does anyone have the latest Nintendont build working using wiiflow as the loader? It code dumps every time for me when I select a game cube game. It doesnt even get to the nintendont loader. I have completely reinstalled wiiflow thinking that might solve it but no go. If anyone has this working can you please tell me which version of wiiflow you are using. I am using Abz' r1075 mod. Also just tried r1075 official and it black screens on every gamecube game

Also nintendont is still having the same problem with Simpsons hit and run. The game loads and plays fine from usbgx but when launched from the nintendont loader it freezes at the first screen (isn't that really wierd).
try the mastermod in my sig

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GOT IT!

1) Open up PADReadGC.c from here: https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/detail?r=153#
2) Go to line 503 and you will find this:

Code:
503    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0008)
504    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_X;
505    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0010)
506    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_A;
507    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0020)
508    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_Y;
509    +            if(BTPad[chan].button & 0x0040)
510    +                button |= PAD_BUTTON_B;

3) Now, we will makes the following changes in the buttons:

Gamecube Button = Classic Controller Button
  • A = B
  • B = Y
  • Y = X
  • X = A
In the code we will make these changes:

And there we go :D

Sweet! Now we can make a mod for each game and use USB Loader GX to use that mod version of nintendont! Thanks!

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sweet! Now we can make a mod for each game and use USB Loader GX to use that mod version of nintendont! Thanks!

Did you already create the .dol file?
I am just about to install the GNU Make command since I think I don't have it to build right now the mod version of Nintendont.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w