Hacking Nintendont

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
About MaxPads, The setting works fine on Wii.
If you set it to 2, Smash Bros. only detects 2 GameCube controllers. If you plug it in 3rd and 4th port it does nothing.
It does work, but if you set 1 as MaxPads; while only one GC controller will work, the game still registers the four controllers.
In Melee for example, setting fighters two, three and four all display the option for human players and not the CPU.
In SADX, the Game Gear games spam the graphic for a 2nd player which is annoying and in other games the multiplayer option is usually grayed out but on MaxPads 1 it is still accessible.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh im tired. i added quite a few titles to the compat list, in the S area. Spongebob games (all work but 1), street racing syndicate and summoner goddess rebord, don't work - these could be due my shrunk isos but im too tired to convert them, maybe later.
I tried SRS, it works beautifully.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Summoner: Goddess Reborn (NTSC) works fine but intro plays a little fast and the game freezes if you return to menu (especially when you die, the game doesn't give you any continues to use, so you have to go back to main menu).

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
it's automated too.
Try booting Disc2 and starting a new game to see if it works with games you don't have savegame ready to swap.
I'm busy atm so I can't test now but I'll try again later today, I have save files for all three swap disc games, should I start a new game or does it work like that?

btw all 3 games I have are fully playable with one disc at a time but I liked how in Dios Mios they switch automatically, making it easier to tackle, I'm back to Dios Mios for these three but I'll test again with Nintendont see if the problem is my settings or something!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@ sonictopfan Since you 've been mentioning Billy Hatcher MC issues, did you try testing with different MC sizes as well? Like 59 for example.
billy hatcher doesnt have mcemu patches yet like collosseum it needs special patches which arent done yet its not a matter of not saving and such its a matter of mcemu code not being done for it yet.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*SRS: Street Racing Syndicate (NTSC) works fine with music but it doesn't enable autosave. it keeps asking if you want to enable autosave feature or not.
do not use shrunked image or it won't load.

Hashchecked with redump.org: results are matching.
MD5: 548dda53207aff4f16b1942ad62fe812
CRC32: 718f9112

*Midway Arcade Treasures 3 (NTSC) gives black screen after company intros. shrunked image won't load either.

Hashchecked with redump.org: results are matching.
MD5: 89ae6da8f1eeacf1fe79b5b66b29de01
CRC32: 22fa1d1d

Three new additions for compatibility list:
Flushed Away (USA) [GLHEG9] *WORKING*
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
DSP: v6
Nintendont Build: v2.148
Loader: USB Loader GX v.r1231 / Wiiflow 4.22 Beta Rev 1075 Mod3
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 1.35 GB

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (USA) [GGNE5D] *WORKING*
DSP: v9
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 588 MB

Freestyle Metal X (USA) [GFXE5D] *WORKING*
DSP: v4
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 1.15 GB

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Fire Emblem NTSC-U, verified rip and also tested with a shrunk iso, Nintendont v2.148

I'm having a problem, the video that plays before each chapter gets stuck on a white screen once the video finishes, if I skip the video I can progress however.
Only tested on chapter 2's intro vid and not on any other yet.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's automated too.
Try booting Disc2 and starting a new game to see if it works with games you don't have savegame ready to swap.

About MaxPads, The setting works fine on Wii.
If you set it to 2, Smash Bros. only detects 2 GameCube controllers. If you plug it in 3rd and 4th port it does nothing.
MaxPads 0 is a possible value (and it's set to 0 on wiiU automatically) as long as HID setting is enabled, else it's set to 4.

On Wii You can have Gamecube + HID at the same time, if you set MaxPad to 3 you will have 3 GC + 1 HID to make 4 players.
(I didn't check that feature yet, I'll do it)

I will check the sources to see how it's setting MaxPads on WiiU to fix some games.
Are these games not working on Real Gamecube/Wii if there's more than one controller connected?

Some games like Burnout 2 flat out crash when the setting is at Max Pad: 4, which is the default setting, a lot of people didn't know it had to be set to Mad Pad 1 in order to boot up. Just thought I'd bring that up ;)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
added surfs up - working.

can anyone test swingerz golf and sx superstar? black screen after format memory card on golf and frozen on first load screen on sx superstar for me, but shrunk isos.

i think once those two are confirmed that rounds up all the S titles at least in USA region, maybe there are some pal exclusives.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
billy hatcher doesnt have mcemu patches yet like collosseum it needs special patches which arent done yet its not a matter of not saving and such its a matter of mcemu code not being done for it yet.
Could the issue of the MaxPads affect Medal of Honor so it doesn't boot on Wii U?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone remember this video?

Why does it not work with Nintendont now?
Crediar posted that a LONG time ago, he said why he couldn't do so at the time, can't remember why though.

One more thing is bugging me...
Does anyone know how to set up only JUST ONE memory card for all the games in Nintendont?
There is a ninmem.raw file in saves but how can I use that one instead of all the Memcards per game?

Edit:I think it was something related to doing two Nintendont loaders or such, one for normal GC games and another for Triforce Arcade, I'm not sure though

Edit 2: Here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-393#post-5011437
and here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-390#post-5010710

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wouldn't that be confusing IF a 1:1 known good dump does work? at least mention that you are testing with a shrunk iso in the note together with the iso size
And you can't convert a shrunk iso back to a good dump. "Re-rip" you isos and verify them against redump.org

ppl should always start with a 1:1 known good dump and if that works then proceed with shrunk iso if so desired.

its even mentioned on the compatibility wiki:
Status - This column is for the compatibility of the game with a uncompressed (1.35GB) 1:1 disc image dump. Mark the game as "Works" if the game is 98-100% compatible. Mark the game as "Issues" if the game plays but may freeze or has graphical glitches but the game is still playable. Mark the game as "Doesn't work" if it freezes at the same point every time or fails to boot at all. Verify your game.iso here. Titles that work but have any missing audio due to disc streaming are to be entered as Works with notes of audio streaming. Also note that newer release versions of Nintendont always take priority. Should you happen to find that an up to date Nintendont breaks a game that is listed here as working with an older revision, mention the earlier compatible revision under Notes. Make sure to include the problem in the notes if the game fails to boot (black screen, green screen, freezing, etc)

Sorry for the confusion, all of my games are shrunk to save space. If they need to be 1:1, I'll re-rip it. From my testing most games work shrunk, only a handful need to be 1:1. Why take up many GBs of space just for a few problematic titles?

Either way, I won't list them if they don't work, I'll only list just the ones that do work. I figured if I list them not working it would flag someone to possibly look into trying 1:1 without me going through the hassle of re-ripping first, thats all.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Crediar posted that a LONG time ago, he said why he couldn't do so at the time, can't remember why though.

One more thing is bugging me...
Does anyone know how to set up only JUST ONE memory card for all the games in Nintendont?
There is a ninmem.raw file in saves but how can I use that one instead of all the Memcards per game?

You have to change the MCEmu setting, in loadergx it's "Multi = Disabled, Individual, Enabled" ; haven't checked nintendont settings, but it should be similar, probably called Multi or something.

Edit: I'm still wondering if it's okay to use it like that now, though. IIRC the reason why they started using individual memory cards was because it would avoid some issues. Is there no risk if we use a single memory card now?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)