Hacking Nintendont

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting an error 12 when booting games from my partitioned HDD after checking FS.

I made it a primary and stuff but I didn't set the cluster size so it's probably the issue.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
:blink:
I get a really weird issue with Final Fantasy, the Crystal Chronicle.
If the game is loaded from nintendont loader, there is no problem, the intro video while I start a new game works and goes to the next screen properly.
BUT if the game is loaded from USB loader GX, using the exact SAME settings, the game will always crash at the end of the video ! :wacko:
That is really weird, I tested it 3 time in each loader, The same result returns: from nintendont, no problem. From usb loader GX, it crashes :huh:

Edit: Nevermind, It looked like my ISO got corrupted O.o I recopied it from a backup on my computer and now it is fixed "Facepalm

NekoKat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using the lastest version (2.246 I believe?) and tried ripping my copy of Mega Man X: Command Mission from the disc to ISO twice, to get it on the USB, it freezes at random during play. Did something happened in-between updates?

The existence of Nintendont makes me happy. Devolution won't do much for me since my Wii's and NGC's disc-reader are completely dead. ;_; And I'm glad I'll be able to replay these GC Games! I love me some Mega Man Network Transmission.

Kudos for the team, you've made such great, rapid progress.

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've tried Donkey Konga on my Wii using DK Bongos. At first it's looks like all is fine, two my bongos are detected & working well. But in the middle of a song there is a huge slowdown & desync between sound & video. Also at the same time controllers stop to respond. ISO image is compressed, 32 kb aligned. Can anyone confirm this?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I partitioned the drive in easeUS Partitioner to unformatted state.
Then I used guiformat.exe which is a fron end GUI for format32.

This will format a drive in fat32 with 32k clusters by default.

All is working ok, so now I can use more than 4 game on my hdd at a time (No more usb stick haha)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh im tired. i added quite a few titles to the compat list, in the S area. Spongebob games (all work but 1), street racing syndicate and summoner goddess rebord, don't work - these could be due my shrunk isos but im too tired to convert them, maybe later.

Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just went through Megaman Anniversary Collection 100%.
God, have I ever been more SICK of Megaman in my entire life!
And just think that I wanted to complete both Anniversary and X Collections one after the other...
HECK NO!

Screw that franchise for some months for now.
I will go on with Eternal Darkness XD.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It has the same problem the magic joy box adapter had but on the other analog stick. Howard can fix it if you message him
That problem is because some CCPs have a different calibration value from one another.
Same thing goes for some old homebrew apps or not polished ones like QuakeRev, Wii64, EDuke32, etc.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried the auto disc swap on Goldeneye Rogue Agent NTSC U and its working for me on vWii using v2.147.
Weird, I tested TMNT 2 and 3 and Resident Evil CVX, regular Wii, swap disc didn't work!

Edit: so I recieved two confirmations that swap disc actually works, maybe I'm doing something wrong? I tested on a regular Wii and USB GX, do I need to press something to swap discs? I thought it's automated like with DM(L)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's automated too.
Try booting Disc2 and starting a new game to see if it works with games you don't have savegame ready to swap.

About MaxPads, The setting works fine on Wii.
If you set it to 2, Smash Bros. only detects 2 GameCube controllers. If you plug it in 3rd and 4th port it does nothing.
MaxPads 0 is a possible value (and it's set to 0 on wiiU automatically) as long as HID setting is enabled, else it's set to 4.

On Wii You can have Gamecube + HID at the same time, if you set MaxPad to 3 you will have 3 GC + 1 HID to make 4 players.
(I didn't check that feature yet, I'll do it)

I will check the sources to see how it's setting MaxPads on WiiU to fix some games.
Are these games not working on Real Gamecube/Wii if there's more than one controller connected?

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
ugh im tired. i added quite a few titles to the compat list, in the S area. Spongebob games (all work but 1), street racing syndicate and summoner goddess rebord, don't work - these could be due my shrunk isosbut im too tired to convert them, maybe later.

wouldn't that be confusing IF a 1:1 known good dump does work? at least mention that you are testing with a shrunk iso in the note together with the iso size
And you can't convert a shrunk iso back to a good dump. "Re-rip" you isos and verify them against redump.org

ppl should always start with a 1:1 known good dump and if that works then proceed with shrunk iso if so desired.

its even mentioned on the compatibility wiki:
Status - This column is for the compatibility of the game with a uncompressed (1.35GB) 1:1 disc image dump. Mark the game as "Works" if the game is 98-100% compatible. Mark the game as "Issues" if the game plays but may freeze or has graphical glitches but the game is still playable. Mark the game as "Doesn't work" if it freezes at the same point every time or fails to boot at all. Verify your game.iso here. Titles that work but have any missing audio due to disc streaming are to be entered as Works with notes of audio streaming. Also note that newer release versions of Nintendont always take priority. Should you happen to find that an up to date Nintendont breaks a game that is listed here as working with an older revision, mention the earlier compatible revision under Notes. Make sure to include the problem in the notes if the game fails to boot (black screen, green screen, freezing, etc)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.