Hacking Nintendont

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just scrolling through the compatibility list and I noticed that the last working column is nearly blank. This is AMAZING. Not to mention the compatibility is coming VERY CLOSE to passing dios mios

Is it possible to add an exception to the memory card emulation on star fox assault?

"This can be fixed by calling EXIInterrupt() in EXI.c after line 449."

Edit: Also All-Star Baseball 2004 [GA4E51] needs a memory card exception too. It needs to generate a memory card twice as big as what Nintendont makes

Pac-Man World 3 [GP8EAF] looks to have an easy fix too (Apparently it last worked in v1.67)

Any other game is either missing patches or another problem altogether.

Jonesy47

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StarFox Assault used to work with memory card around, i dunno, r85, so, short story, it's probably an easy fix, thank god.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Just to check, does the vWii actually support SD cards over 2GB? I always assumed that it did not because every hacking guide seemed to suggest this, but I'm beginning to suspect that this is not the case.

I ask this because I'm thinking of moving my GameCube games to SD card so I can use the front USB port for controllers.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to check, does the vWii actually support SD cards over 2GB? I always assumed that it did not because every hacking guide seemed to suggest this, but I'm beginning to suspect that this is not the case.

I ask this because I'm thinking of moving my GameCube games to SD card so I can use the front USB port for controllers.

Yes i use a 16GB SDHC card you only need a 2GB sd for installing the homebrew channel.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Oh so it's just the HBC installation process itself that requires 2GB, and we're free to upgrade to a larger card afterwards? That explains the confusion, thanks.

Sorry for asking the question in this thread, but I figured that more than a few people run GC game from SD for this reason.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How often do those really come into play though? The only notable example I can think of is Super Mario Sunshine.

Metroid Prime 1 and 2 also use analog triggers for showing the aiming crosshair entirely (you only get a small one if you barely press it, and the full size one if you completely hold it down, iirc). Very minor, though.

dreamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i've tested a few more Disney games today. please add them to Wiki.

Disney Sports: Football (USA)
Sources: 1:1 ISO and Shrunked Image
Region: USA
DSP: v4
Nintendont Build: v.131
Loader: USB Loader GX v.1229
Memory Card Support: Yes
Widescreen 480p Support: Yes
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 452 MB

Disney Sports: Basketball (USA)
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 383 MB

Disney Sports: Soccer (USA)
DSP: v2
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 272 MB

Disney Sports: Skateboarding (USA)
Shrunk: Working / Shrunk Size: 1.35 GB

Disney's Piglet's Big Game (USA)
DSP: v4
Shrunk: Issues: Cutscenes play without sound / Shrunk Size: 1.31 GB

Disney's Donald Duck - Goin' Quackers (USA)
Shrunk: Issues: Graphical Glitches Throughout the Game Makes it Unplayable / Shrunk Size: 1.35 GB
Status: Issues: Graphical Glitches Throughout the Game Makes it Unplayable

Reactions: MassiveRican

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Oh so it's just the HBC installation process itself that requires 2GB, and we're free to upgrade to a larger card afterwards? That explains the confusion, thanks.

Sorry for asking the question in this thread, but I figured that more than a few people run GC game from SD for this reason.

Well, Nintendont support USB too, it's better having USB than SD because it's loading times are shorter, the fastest SD Cards are more expensive than a normal USB, so I recommend to use a USB, but for unknow reason (at least for me) when you use the USB mode, the front ports can't be used, I don't know why, in SD mode you can use the front ports for HID controllers.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The thing is, its just not realistic for me to connect controllers to the rear USB ports because of how my consoles are set up.

Has running from SD been known to actually cause problems? I don't mind loading times being longer if it doesn't actually cause any issues.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The thing is, its just not realistic for me to connect controllers to the rear USB ports because of how my consoles are set up.

Has running from SD been known to actually cause problems? I don't mind loading times being longer if it doesn't actually cause any issues.
it doesnt cause any issues, the only diference with sd/usb is that sd allows front usb doors on the wiiu to work while usb doesnt for some unown reason that no dev found out why.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

It's the same, only in the firsts revisions cause some compatibility problems, but now it's fixed.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah, the Moon Jump one who says Press Z, i press Z and doesnt jumps, but the other codes works perfectly, the moon jump works for you?
Most (if not all) codes which depends on controller's button are not working.
The codes are pointing a specific place in memory to check if the button is pressed or not.

Nintendont doesn't use the same memory area for the controller, so the code will not work without an update. (you need to change the PAD address in the code to match the new address).
Not all games use the same area, so you'll have to re-create the codes for nintendont.

I can find address for games I have (very few!).

warpio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any known fix for the issue of hanging/black screen as soon as you load up a game with Nintendont? This is happens very randomly... I'll load GC games on my vWii through USB Loader GX, with a fat32 external, and for the first few tries the games load up normally without any issue... but at some point, the Nintendont loader stops working altogether, and just hangs at a black screen as soon as I try to load any GC game. This black screen happens without showing any Nintendont loadup code or displaying any error messages... it's really annoying because the only way to get out of that is to unplug the console.

Am I the only one with this problem or what? I haven't found any info on this from searching through the thread/google, and I'm very careful to not change any unknown settings from their default in usb loader. I can't figure out why it'll randomly not work anymore when I haven't altered any configs or did anything differently. Is it possible there are differences in the config files on the SD or USB between now and when the GC games worked, so that I'd be able to reliably reproduce the condition where it'll work instead of hanging on a black screen?

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there any known fix for the issue of hanging/black screen as soon as you load up a game with Nintendont? This is happens very randomly... I'll load GC games on my vWii through USB Loader GX, with a fat32 external, and for the first few tries the games load up normally without any issue... but at some point, the Nintendont loader stops working altogether, and just hangs at a black screen as soon as I try to load any GC game. This black screen happens without showing any Nintendont loadup code or displaying any error messages... it's really annoying because the only way to get out of that is to unplug the console.

Am I the only one with this problem or what? I haven't found any info on this from searching through the thread/google, and I'm very careful to not change any unknown settings from their default in usb loader. I can't figure out why it'll randomly not work anymore when I haven't altered any configs or did anything differently. Is it possible there are differences in the config files on the SD or USB between now and when the GC games worked, so that I'd be able to reliably reproduce the condition where it'll work instead of hanging on a black screen?

It happends the same if you use the original Nintendont loader?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It happens with all games or specific ones?
It can end on black screen if the game crash (not nintendont).
This is what OSReport is used for, it should print information sent by the game.

Sometime there's no log at all, it just freeze or end in an endless loop.
Eternal Darkness game over screen ends in a black screen. (I posted a log few post ago, if it can be useful)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
dreamon it's cool that you test so many games ;) but I'd suggest to avoid duplicates in your info to make the post shorter. For example, if you use the same loader for all, widescreen worked with all the games, nintendont revision was the same., which settings were enabled, etc. Mention that once at the top of the post and then just list the games with their shrunken size, and issues.

this is just a suggestion to avoid making long posts.

SuperrSonic

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I just noticed a new issue in Sonic Adventure DX - v1.131, I'll have to verify later in which revision it started for sure. Yeah, v1.131 is causing more issues with SADX.

Either in regular gameplay or the Game Gear games after a few minutes of play the controller fully disconnects and the gameplay turns somewhat choppy with slight audio garbles, the reset button black screens and exiting doesn't work because of the controller not working.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dreamon it's cool that you test so many games ;) but I'd suggest to avoid duplicates in your info to make the post shorter. For example, if you use the same loader for all, widescreen worked with all the games, nintendont revision was the same., which settings were enabled, etc. Mention that once at the top of the post and then just list the games with their shrunken size, and issues.

this is just a suggestion to avoid making long posts.

I love his posts exactly how they are. People with short attention spans or skimmers can find ALL the info about their specific game in 1 place. And there's no question/confusion about the source of that information. Bravo dreamon

He could post them 1 at a time but then they'd be scattered all over the place.
They are truly the most information (on topic) in recent past(not made by a developer)

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I love his posts exactly how they are. People with short attention spans or skimmers can find ALL the info about their specific game in 1 place. And there's no question/confusion about the source of that information. Bravo dreamon

He could post them 1 at a time but then they'd be scattered all over the place.
They are truly the most information (on topic) in recent past(not made by a developer)

I see your point, but making long posts isn't really the best way specially when you want to skip that post to see what else was posted.. another choice would be to keep the same format but using spoilers for the info of each game, under the title. That way you can still easily find which game you want to know about.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see your point, but making long posts isn't really the best way specially when you want to skip that post to see what else was posted.. another choice would be to keep the same format but using spoilers for the info of each game, under the title. That way you can still easily find which game you want to know about.

Spoilers are an excellent idea. Then maybe 1 post with all the quotes in 1 place for everyone who added stuff. Would not have to search entire thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY