Hacking Nintendont

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
In compatibility list says about Metal Gear "Since you can't switch controller ports to beat Psycho Mantis you'll have to die at least once in that fight [more info here]."

Is that issue present in both consoles or just in WiiU?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
In compatibility list says about Metal Gear "Since you can't switch controller ports to beat Psycho Mantis you'll have to die at least once in that fight [more info here]."

Is that issue present in both consoles or just in WiiU?

Probably a console using an HID controller. I think a wii with gc ports is unaffected (I can be wrong, I don't have the game to test)

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Probably a console using an HID controller. I think a wii with gc ports is unaffected (I can be wrong, I don't have the game to test)
That's my point too, but as no exclusion in the list could be maybe a general issue. Can somebody please post a MGS raw MC image to test it on my wii, please?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
That's my point too, but as no exclusion in the list could be maybe a general issue. Can somebody please post a MGS raw MC image to test it on my wii, please?

I wanted to help you, but it looks like there are only complete save files of this game over the internet :rolleyes:

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bluetooth implementation is terribly diffecult. Crediar himself said, it would take month. And it's probably not worth it, since classic controller has no analog triggers.

How often do those really come into play though? The only notable example I can think of is Super Mario Sunshine.

Having said that, let's not forget that the original classic controllers for the Wii did have analog triggers.

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How often do those really come into play though? The only notable example I can think of is Super Mario Sunshine.

Having said that, let's not forget that the original classic controllers for the Wii did have analog triggers.
Actually, no they didn't have analog triggers. I used to play cod on Wii with cc and the controls were wonky due to the missing analog triggers.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I agree with this.
So far, the only major titles that use analog triggers are Super Mario Sunshine and Luigi's Mansion.
Out of those maybe some racing games but that's it.

And yes, I have both CC and CCP and the original CC has analog triggers, which make it quite suitable for NGC controls.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I wrote that note based mainly on the fact that you can't reconnect a controller.. It might work in an original wii with gc controllers since the code for them in nintendont should be almost completely native (not sure though) so The issue should only be present when using HID controllers. I don't have a save file to test it though, but i guess you can try playing any game, unplug the controller and then plug it again. if it reconnects it should work

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, no they didn't have analog triggers. I used to play cod on Wii with cc and the controls were wonky due to the missing analog triggers.

Did you have a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro? They removed the analog triggers in the Pro Wii controller but not the original classic controllers. If you don't know the difference, original classic controllers are these:
Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg

Classic Controller Pros are these:

B0037US4IA.01.lg.jpg

I can assure you, as I own one of each type, the originals do indeed have analog triggers, while the pros do not.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
heres a new version for a few of you to test:
-added a new function patch, "PADIsBarrel", this function is used to determine if bongos in donkey konga are connected
-heavly modified the pad read function in order to try to emulate the bongos if they are connected, this is not accurate and only works if you start the game and then reconnect the bongos
-slighly optimized some assembly functions

epicboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you have a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro? They removed the analog triggers in the Pro Wii controller but not the original classic controllers. If you don't know the difference, original classic controllers are these:
Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg

Classic Controller Pros are these:

B0037US4IA.01.lg.jpg

I can assure you, as I own one of each type, the originals do indeed have analog triggers, while the pros do not.
Oh. I didn't have the original ones and didn't know they had analog triggers, I had the pro one. Sorry for the wrong info.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. I didn't have the original ones and didn't know they had analog triggers, I had the pro one. Sorry for the wrong info.

No worries, this is a small difference that went largely unnoticed between the two controllers. For all the things that the pro controller did better than the original, it only failed in that one aspect to live up to the previous controller, which is a shame, but it was so rarely utilized, I understand why it was dropped to save some extra money on production.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y