Hacking Nintendont

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This, some people have bad full isos from the start and compress them and of course they are bad compresses, or they have a good iso and compress them with gcisotool and break the alligment becuase that tool doesnt care about the alligment.

Gonna give an example if you google the Naruto: Gekitōu Ninja Taisen! 3(jap only game) your first choice on a famous website gives you a full iso, and yet this full iso is bad, it doesnt match redump and since naturo uses audiostreaming its out of alligment, and it will crash the first time it tryes to play the music, shutting down the console.

This is an example among manny, people should realy make sure their md5s match before anything else and never compress with GCISOTOOL, only with tools that are known to work with 32k alligment.

Doesn't Gamecube ISO Tool support 32k alignment now? It's right there in the options...just got to switch it from its 'default' 'auto' option to '32 KB'...or does GC ISO Tool not work properly in general? I like the interface much better...as well as the extra options. Just wondering.

Gamecube ISO Tool - Alignment.png

Reactions: Margen67

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Doesn't Gamecube ISO Tool support 32k alignment now? It's right there in the options...just got to switch it from its 'default' 'auto' option to '32 KB'...or does GC ISO Tool not work properly in general? I like the interface much better...as well as the extra options. Just wondering.

View attachment 19399
The option does nothing, it fails to keep audiostreaming games alligned tested it myself on the beggining of nintendont and i was getting freezes left and right, thats why i switched to DMtoolbox and advised people to nt be folled by that option.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people insist on calling it compression when you are not actually compressing anything. The proper term is actually Shrunk ISO. Compression means that you can uncompress it which with GameCube ISO you can't go back to a 1:1 ISO once shrunk.

Shrinking an ISO removes garbage data that is used to speed up read times when reading from an Optical disc.

While most games will work fine when shrunk, sometimes issues can arise if the ISO is not shrunk properly. For Nintendont beginners, it is recommended to use full 1:1 ISO for best compatibility. That's why the First Post says to use 1:1 ISOs. It should be changed to remove the term compression, compressed, etc and change it to Shrink, Shrunk, etc as that is the proper term.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses :)

And sorry for the mistake I did, I meant to say that while my Crazy Taxi works beautifully, my Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles copy (forgot to mention) shuts down my Wii.

I'll look for another FFCC copy and compare it with redump :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses :)

And sorry for the mistake I did, I meant to say that while my Crazy Taxi works beautifully, my Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles copy (forgot to mention) shuts down my Wii.

I'll look for another FFCC copy and compare it with redump :)

Definitely a bad dump. My personal dump of FFCC matches redump hashes and works beautifully.

Reactions: Margen67

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Definitely a bad dump. My personal dump of FFCC matches redump hashes and works beautifully.
Thanks for confirming VinsCool :)

EDIT: Just to keep you guys updated. Managed to get a proper FFCC copy that matched redump md5 and it is working now :)

Thanks for all your help!

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Another thing to keep in mind is if you are using a Wii U (vWii) or a regular Wii. I have both and do notice a performance difference not only when running games on Nintendont but also Wiiwares on Emunands. I can say that my 20 or so Gamecube games run very smoothly on the Wii U.

Actually I even tested the Wii + Internet channel video on both Emunands using Wiiflow on the Wii U and the Wii, and have to say playing the video on the Wii looks choppy-stuttered. So I suppose it mainly has to do with video playback streaming process issues.

My 2 cents!

Regards
Pepois

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Another thing to keep in mind is if you are using a Wii U (vWii) or a regular Wii. I have both and do notice a performance difference not only when running games on Nintendont but also Wiiwares on Emunands. I can say that my 20 or so Gamecube games run very smoothly on the Wii U.

Actually I even tested the Wii + Internet channel video on both Emunands using Wiiflow on the Wii U and the Wii, and have to say playing the video on the Wii looks choppy-stuttered. So I suppose it mainly has to do with video playback streaming process issues.

My 2 cents!

Regards
Pepois
there is no performance diference when using vwii or wii for nintendont absolutely noone, vwii is limitated by the same memory, same processor same everything a normal wii has, if you noticed a diference then you are imagining things lol, unlss you use difernt settings there is no diference.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no performance diference when using vwii or wii for nintendont absolutely noone, vwii is limitated by the same memory, same processor same everything a normal wii has, if you noticed a diference then you are imagining things lol, unlss you use difernt settings there is no diference.

He said he was using an EmuNand so there might be a slight difference.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
He said he was using an EmuNand so there might be a slight difference.
like i said unless he uses diferent settings there is no way nintendont r any wiiware/VC gets any diferent from wii to vwii, if he is using emunand then yeah that could be his issue due to the read speed.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
like i said unless he uses diferent settings there is no way nintendont r any wiiware/VC gets any diferent from wii to vwii, if he is using emunand then yeah that could be his issue due to the read speed.

there is literally no difference between nintendont running on wii or wiiu, both use the exact same IOS modules and have the exact same CPU speeds so whatever people say about the one thing being faster is their imagination.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: New Myoo.