Hacking Nintendont

carshalash

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having a bug where the games are crashing quite frequently and there is a lot of stutteirng going on with cutscenes. The most notorious one is toadsworth walking to his chair in the opening on sunshine.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bug where the games are crashing quite frequently and there is a lot of stutteirng going on with cutscenes. The most notorious one is toadsworth walking to his chair in the opening on sunshine.

Loading from sd card or a very slow usb drive

ayy lmao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem when it shuts down. Don't use USB Loader GX, I use the Dios Mios booter, after that i have never had the problem again
I also have problem with DIOS MIOS. When i play super smash bros melee, my memory cards always get corrupted, is there a way to fix it?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if your forcing settings like "forced widescreen"or Forced videomodes,A Bad ISO, that can happen the crashing part, but the audio stutering means your device is probably too slow.

when people have issues it would help if they posted all their nintendont settings in the first place and the game iso(being full md5 checked, shrunk or something).Its very hard to help when we dont have any info...

I had the same problem when it shuts down. Don't use USB Loader GX, I use the Dios Mios booter, after that i have never had the problem again
I also have problem with DIOS MIOS. When i play super smash bros melee, my memory cards always get corrupted, is there a way to fix it?
Lol if your Using Dios Mios booter then you arent using nintendont are you? lol you are using Dios mios and this is the nintendont thread, there is no reason now to use DM over nintendont at all.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yea I know. Just have no idea if an HDMI cable on Wii U would naturally force 480p on PAL games without nintendont.
... Pal games arent naturaly 480p so not even on a GC you can naturely force them to 480p lol, its a nintendont feature of course same for other GC players, but there is no naturaly PAL 480p.Hdmi just tells the GC loader a component cable is connected thats it.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol if your Using Dios Mios booter then you arent using nintendont are you? lol you are using Dios mios and this is the nintendont thread, there is no reason now to use DM over nintendont at all.

Actually in my case I'm forced to since I've already started playing Baten Kaitos through DIOS MIOS and with 43hrs in, Nintendont wont play this copy as the md5 doesn't match redump's. I'd have to go through the process of finding another md5 matching copy + convert my DIOS MIOS save file to nintendont's.

... Pal games arent naturaly 480p so not even on a GC you can naturely force them to 480p lol, its a nintendont feature of course same for other GC players, but there is no naturaly PAL 480p.Hdmi just tells the GC loader a component cable is connected thats it.

I know that mate. PAL GC games were mostly stripped of 480p in the past. Was just wondering if somehow HDMI cables (or maybe the WiiU itself) had the capability of forcing 480p on all games. Hope I make sense now. Speaking of that, I was trying to load my PAL and NTSC US games on my PAL GC through Swiss and with forced 480p but it still would only output 480i. I don't know if PAL GCs were stripped of outputting 480p as well? Got this SDML to use swiss thinking I might manage 480p out of my GC but it's not happening :(

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Actually in my case I'm forced to since I've already started playing Baten Kaitos through DIOS MIOS and with 43hrs in, Nintendont wont play this copy as the md5 doesn't match redump's. I'd have to go through the process of finding another md5 matching copy + convert my DIOS MIOS save file to nintendont's.

I know that mate. PAL GC games were mostly stripped of 480p in the past. Was just wondering if somehow HDMI cables (or maybe the WiiU itself) had the capability of forcing 480p on all games. Hope I make sense now.
It can force on compatible games, pal games to be forced to 480p need to be abe to withstand forced Pal60 or forced ntsc videomodes, only then you can force progressive for 480p, manny pal games are adamant on 50hz and crash if you force them pal60 or ntsc videomodes.

Its very easy to find md5 checked dumps on the web, as for file transfer its also very easy to get the gci from real memcard or the dm mcemu and using dolphin to put it on a normal raw file for nintendont.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
It can force on compatible games, pal games to be forced to 480p need to be abe to withstand forced Pal60 or forced ntsc videomodes, only then you can force progressive for 480p, manny pal games are adamant on 50hz and crash if you force them pal60 or ntsc videomodes.

Its very easy to find md5 checked dumps on the web, as for file transfer its also very easy to get the gci from real memcard or the dm mcemu and using dolphin to put it on a normal raw file for nintendont.

Thanks for the first bit of info :)

The only site I know of (through here) is redump to check my copies' md5.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
is there any program or like a wii app to move saves from dolphin/nintendont to a real gamecube memory card?
There was a mod for GCMM for that reason but it didn't work with me, however using Dolphin + the official GCMM you can: A convert your save files to gci format and then move them to your real MC, or B make your own MC backup with Dolphin and then make a "Restore RAW backup" if you do that though you must be sure to use the same size of your MC, it's recommended to make a backup of your MC first as it will erase all your data, I recommend using the first method it's easier and safer!

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I didn't ask for .000 format, there's a difference between "lol, saving 3KB" and "saving 1,200MB" some games like Luigi's Mansion and Wario World are around 200MB (some games are even smaller) I don't see why I should waste 1,500MB on a game that's less than 200MB when I can save that space.

Anyway it was only a suggestion as it's been mentioned a few times before in this thread that it can be done, if it's stated to not be doable or could cause more crashes then I'm fine with what we have!
Yeah, GCZ support would be very nice for space saving. If the dev says it can't be implemented, it's ok though.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The option does nothing, it fails to keep audiostreaming games alligned tested it myself on the beggining of nintendont and i was getting freezes left and right, thats why i switched to DMtoolbox and advised people to nt be folled by that option.

Speaking of DMtoolbox and using the 32k option...with the settings 'Optimized' & 'skip xNEEK files' enabled/chosen.

I'm going through re-ripping my entire Gamecube collection using DiscRip 2.0, as well as using the DMtoolbox method & program...to optimize each game's size.

Some games do trim down or stay about the same size...but there's one game that is bigger than the original ISO and that one is 'Hunter The Reckoning', it went from 1.35 GB (1:1 ISO rip w/ matching MD5) to 1.51 GB. Is this normal...I'm just ready to just leave it as a 1:1 ISO since 1:1 ISOs are more reliable and it's much substantially smaller.

Any thoughts? Are the settings I'm using in 'DMToolbox' not the most appropriate ones?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of DMtoolbox and using the 32k option...with the settings 'Optimized' & 'skip xNEEK files' enabled/chosen.

I'm going through re-ripping my entire Gamecube collection using DiscRip 2.0, as well as using the DMtoolbox method & program...to optimize each game's size.

Some games do trim down or stay about the same size...but there's one game that is bigger than the original ISO and that one is 'Hunter The Reckoning', it went from 1.35 GB (1:1 ISO rip w/ matching MD5) to 1.51 GB. Is this normal...I'm just ready to just leave it as a 1:1 ISO since 1:1 ISOs are more reliable and it's much substantially smaller.

Any thoughts? Are the settings I'm using in 'DMToolbox' not the most appropriate ones?

There are a few games that for some reason get bigger when shrunk.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

dmtoolbox isnt perfet when games get bigger than the 1:1 iso that means dmtoolbox doesnt support them but they are very few i think they are hunter the rekogning, skies of arcadia and kirby air ride, dont know if im missing any but yeah they cant be shrunken with dmtoolbox so just keep those 1:1.

also are you the same kaneco that edited the compat list for not working super monkey ball and zoids compressed?try to compress them with dmtoolbox and try again they work great you were using a bad tool becuase this 2 games are audiostreaming games so if you usedthe gcisotool they were broken the instant it passed trough the program.

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm well, I've corrupted my memory card in the process of updating and use DM, Nintendont, cfg usb loader, wiiflow, and usb loader gx. I've managed to extract the raw file from my memory card and extract gci saves from it, and also loading my saved game, but when I try saving to my Baten Kaitos save file i see the bar and as soon as it just begins, it freezes. Now I'm stuck :( Is my 43 hour session gone?

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What are the best widescreen settings for Eternal Darkness (PAL version)?

I´m currently using force progressive, force widescreen and Wii U widescreen.
Ingame AR set to 4:3.

Is ingame 16:9 without force widescreen superior?
I read somewhere, that the game support true widescreen.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I´m currently using force progressive, force widescreen and Wii U widescreen.
Ingame AR set to 4:3.
Is ingame 16:9 without force widescreen superior?
that really depends, if the forced widescreen has missing objects outside the 4:3 frame then of course the ingame widescreen is better, besides from that its equal, both are doing the same things really.

Reactions: [Truth]

Shiranui-san

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm well, I've corrupted my memory card in the process of updating and use DM, Nintendont, cfg usb loader, wiiflow, and usb loader gx. I've managed to extract the raw file from my memory card and extract gci saves from it, and also loading my saved game, but when I try saving to my Baten Kaitos save file i see the bar and as soon as it just begins, it freezes. Now I'm stuck :( Is my 43 hour session gone?
That's weird, so you can load your savegame but then cannot save? Do you mind PM me your gci file?

titaniuml

Trophies
XP
Country
That's weird, so you can load your savegame but then cannot save? Do you mind PM me your gci file?
Yea. Sure I'll do so now.

Btw, I've tried in dolphin and it works normally. Imported my gci in the raw file, loaded my game, then saved again no issues. I just don't know why on my wii it's a no go.

EDIT: PM sent.

Last edited by titaniuml,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi