Hacking Nintendont

Skyground95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
FAT / FAT32 only and it has to be the primary partition.

Bummer. Well thanks for the answer, seems like i'll have to re-partition my HDD again.

Does Nintendont's access to USB ports (also which ports it can use) rely on the IOS? Sorry for asking noob questions, but I want to get a bit insight into what makes things work and not work.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
i'm trying again nintendont with usbloaderGX, but i have this problem now
Plug controller into BOTTOM REAR usb port
what it means? what i did wrong? it was bad to enable ''use hid device''? or my controller.ini is poorly made?

this is it, i never figured btw what power has for, so i made the value, but in fact it never showed up

It means you have to plug the controller in the usb port that's lowest (if you have the console flat and not standing) , also use the controller.ini that's already made in the google project page. It's the one with the values 0079 and 0006 in the filename.

Bummer. Well thanks for the answer, seems like i'll have to re-partition my HDD again.

Does Nintendont's access to USB ports (also which ports it can use) rely on the IOS? Sorry for asking noob questions, but I want to get a bit insight into what makes things work and not work.

Well, i think the ios58 that it uses enables the use of usb ports, but the availability of the ports depends on nintendont's kernel. Basically, in a Wii you can only use the bottom port for the hdd, and in the wiiU it has to be the upper one. The hid controller can be used in the other one, or in the front ones in the WiiU (only when loading games from sd)

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Doesn't work like that...
The streaming audio games are coded to use adp format which is handled by GameCube's DSP.
In order to switch to a different codec it would require either a realtime transcoder...bad idea or asking people to hack their ISO files to replace all adp with oggs... bad idea.

Fix94 has already stated he has code in progress which decodes adp in software and this is the most sensible approach to the problem of audio streaming games.
Thanks man, but I know how it works, I was talking about what did they have to do then, not what we have to. Just imagine that whole process, it's unthinkable.

Reactions: pokeparadox

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks for the response. I'm using the correct controller.ini, as the first line of the file is "[Mayflash WiiU Pro Controller Adapter - W009]". The adapter will only work in DInput mode. I've tried it in the other mode, but Nintendont hangs with the error to connect the controller to the lower USB port. I'm thinking about returning the adapter if I can't get anywhere with it, I'm thinking about trying a PS2 to PS3 usb adapter and using my old Logitech wireless PS2 controller. Perhaps for some reason Nintendont on vWii doesn't like the Mayflash W009 adapter.

If I get the time I'll post a video to give you a better idea of what is happening when trying to play a game. Also, the problem isn't limited to just one game, it's every game.

EDIT: After banging my head against the wall for a few hours I decided to use HID Test to see if the Mayflash W009 adapter was responding properly. Come to find out, it doesn't work worth a damn. I don't know if the issue is related to a different hardware revision on the adapter, but it's a no-go. I bought a generic $20 PS3 controller and had to reconfigure the controller.ini to match, and it works just fine. I'll be ordering a PS2 USB adapter to use with my Logitech RF PS2 controller, so for now, problem solved!

OK, only I was yo say you yhat you could bought a Cheap PC controller via USB and use it with Nintendont, it's the cheapest way :D.

EDIT: The controller it cost me only $10 dollars, works with PS2, and works great with Nintendont!

i'm trying again nintendont with usbloaderGX, but i have this problem now
Plug controller into BOTTOM REAR usb port
what it means? what i did wrong? it was bad to enable ''use hid device''? or my controller.ini is poorly made?
[Controller JoyPad]
VID=0079
PID=0006
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=5,4F
B=5,8F
X=5,1F
Y=5,2F
Z=6,02
L=6,04
R=6,08
Power=6,10
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=1,FF
StickY=1,00
CStickX=4,FF
CStickY=4,00
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13
this is it, i never figured btw what power has for, so i made the value, but in fact it never showed up

Here it is the controller.ini that it could be useful for you https://code.google.com/p/nintendon...ler_Genreic_USB_Gamepad_PID=0079_VID=0006.ini , use that controller.ini I was having the same trouble and this fixed it :)!

h0b0tube

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone walk me through using cheats:unsure: im using homebrew to boot nintendont i think i have everything right but i just cant seem to get them to work:hateit:

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
can someone walk me through using cheats:unsure: im using homebrew to boot nintendont i think i have everything right but i just cant seem to get them to work:hateit:

Name the folder of the game you want cheats it ID, and the Ocarina cheat file name it the Game ID too, try that, in Nintendont set cheats ON, but don't touch the cheats path and these things.

I have the feeling that the next update will be a big one...

I was thinking they are taking a break, they need it after all this great work, so I don't care if the next revision makes little changes, it's something :).
And sorry for the double post.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
or read the first post of this thread.
I explained how to enable cheat codes, and where to put the files.

You don't need to rename the game folder to "games/GameID/"
only the cheat code need to be in /games/GameID/, you can still have your ISO in /games/Another folder name/game.iso

That's only if you prefer keeping game's title in the folder to recognize the game easily.
If you don't care, you can rename all game's folders to GameID and put both game.iso and GameID.gct in the same folder.

You also need /sneek/kenobiwii.bin file.

Reactions: MassiveRican

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone confirm that second sight freeze on the loading screen after you sneek past the two guards in the building in the training area, who ever updated the compatability list didn't test this game very long v1.127 and v1.128 does this

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Here it is the controller.ini that it could be useful for you https://code.google.com/p/nintendon-t/source/browse/trunk/controllerconfigs/controller_Genreic_USB_Gamepad_PID=0079_VID=0006.ini , use that controller.ini I was having the same trouble and this fixed it :)!
OMG THANKS U, i love it, its working now and is awesome, almost all games plays perfect with sound and mmc, but pacman games has problems and SADX too, also i read that pokemon has problems so i dont think to try them, but i'll keep and eye for the updates and progress, good job, keep it going

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I just installed Nintendont on my vWii to try playing Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. I believe I've followed all the directions properly, and set up a PS3 "controller.ini" in the root of my SD. My SD card is also where the Gamecube iso is. When I load Nintendont I go to settings and enable the memory card, ini and usb devices, but when I load the game it says that there's an error and resets the Wii U. I'm wondering if anyone knows what my problem could be?

I apologize if this has been answered already. I normally try to read through the thread first before asking questions but with 518 pages that wasn't going to happen lol.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello. I just installed Nintendont on my vWii to try playing Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. I believe I've followed all the directions properly, and set up a PS3 "controller.ini" in the root of my SD. My SD card is also where the Gamecube iso is. When I load Nintendont I go to settings and enable the memory card, ini and usb devices, but when I load the game it says that there's an error and resets the Wii U. I'm wondering if anyone knows what my problem could be?

I apologize if this has been answered already. I normally try to read through the thread first before asking questions but with 518 pages that wasn't going to happen lol.

Is it an error during nintendont loading screen or is it a Gamecube error shown after the game is loaded?

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Screenshot_2014-07-21-16-08-12.png
It might be controller related, but I have it plugged into the bottom port so I'm not sure what I would be doing wrong. I attached a picture I took of the screen just before it errors. Hopefully that might give some further insight

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be controller related, but I have it plugged into the bottom port so I'm not sure what I would be doing wrong. I attached a picture I took of the screen just before it errors. Hopefully that might give some further insightView attachment 9127

like usual, this is a common problem people have

you have file extensions disabled on your computer. you most likely named the file controller.ini.ini

simply delete the visible .ini on your file and it should work perfectly

Mite000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ugh, you're absolutely right! I seem to have a knack for getting 99% of the way there and then mess up the dumbest thing lol. Thank you very much for your help! Hopefully this at least helps out someone else who might make the same mistake.

On an unrelated note, I was looking through the compatible controllers and I didn't notice any for the Wii U Pro controller without a mayflash adapter. Is it possible to make the Pro U controller work with just its USB charging cable like the PS3 controller does? Or maybe a wired USB 360 controller?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ugh, you're absolutely right! I seem to have a knack for getting 99% of the way there and then mess up the dumbest thing lol. Thank you very much for your help! Hopefully this at least helps out someone else who might make the same mistake.

On an unrelated note, I was looking through the compatible controllers and I didn't notice any for the Wii U Pro controller without a mayflash adapter. Is it possible to make the Pro U controller work with just its USB charging cable like the PS3 controller does? Or maybe a wired USB 360 controller?

If it were possible, that would be listed there. I think the Pro U usb cable is precisely only for charging purposes, so it doesn't transfer any data, hence it wouldn't work. And the xbox controller uses XInput instead of HID, so they're not compatible with nintendont out of the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1