Hacking Nintendont

zombieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the one who added that issue originally, but it seems to be gone on v1.128. I made it all the way to the next mission then saved and quit just now. What are your settings?
I have an original wii with gamecube controller ports with gamecube controller (not official), nintendont v 1.128, nintendont settings was memory card emulation and led activity, with led activity on it kept lighting up like it was trying to load but it never did it just had a spinning disc symbol in the lower right corner

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thanks....that makes sense...what controller do you use?

Well first I use the SpeedPower that it is meaned in the Generic Controller ini, now I use a SEISA SJ-815T, It appears in internet :), and it's cheap, I have use it for 3 mounths and didn't broke.

This is a photo from it, however I don't know in what countrys it sells.
joystick-seisa-sj-815t-para-pc-y-playstation-2-en-1-3105-MLA4829639933_082013-F.jpg

Wheaties~

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No savegame on Colosseum? That's a bummer.

While we're on the topic of controllers, has anyone toyed around with SCP DS3 drivers on a Dualshock 3? I'm about to give it a try with the 360.ini in the off chance that works.

Edit: Stopped messing around and removed the drivers, but the DS3 stops responding after a few seconds of loading the game (Melee). Anyone else encounter this problem? I double checked my .ini to make sure the Pro Controller wasn't still in there.

TGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Moving the analog stick on the x axis makes the camera move in Twilight Princess.
[Ultron 32560]
VID=0E8F
PID=0003
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=5,40
B=5,10
X=5,80
Y=5,20
Z=6,04
L=6,02
R=6,08
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=2
CStickY=1
LAnalog=18
RAnalog=19

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moving the analog stick on the x axis makes the camera move in Twilight Princess.
[Ultron 32560]
VID=0E8F
PID=0003
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=5,40
B=5,10
X=5,80
Y=5,20
Z=6,04
L=6,02
R=6,08
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=2
StickY=3
CStickX=2
CStickY=1
LAnalog=18
RAnalog=19
I can see why. Check your StickX and CStickX values.

TGE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Spyro: A Hero's Tail [G5SE7D] is listed as fully functional on the compatibility list, but I get a black screen.
I'm on a family wii, could this be the issue?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spyro: A Hero's Tail [G5SE7D] is listed as fully functional on the compatibility list, but I get a black screen.

it should work regardless of what console your on. Try the revision it has listed as working

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

The Wii family edition have (or had, it could be fixed now) some problems with Nintendont due the 0x21 GPU, I didn't try that game, but the list could say that works in Wii U, in would be good a section of the list that say if it works in Wii, Wii U, Wii FM.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

I just tested it in my Family Edition Wii with latest rev of nintendont and it works perfectly fine. The only settings I use are MCEmu and HID, though.

The Wii family edition have (or had, it could be fixed now) some problems with Nintendont due the 0x21 GPU, I didn't try that game, but the list could say that works in Wii U, in would be good a section of the list that say if it works in Wii, Wii U, Wii FM.

The 0x21 issue was solved a long time ago, and rather than a black screen as he describes, it caused a kernel crash and loss of video signal. So the only thing you could do was turn the wii off and on again; so, in short, it made Nintendont unusable for anything, not only a particular game.

gabriel1073

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tested it in my Family Edition Wii with latest rev of nintendont and it works perfectly fine. The only settings I use are MCEmu and HID, though.

The 0x21 issue was solved a long time ago, and rather than a black screen as he describes, it caused a kernel crash and loss of video signal. So the only thing you could do was turn the wii off and on again; so, in short, it made Nintendont unusable for anything, not only a particular game.

That was only in some test versions that FIX94 posted in the thread only, nintendon't always worked in my Family Wii, it is just Spyro: A Hero's Tail that black screens in those wiis

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Oh, sorry I don't have a Wii Family Edition, so I don't know very well what happend and how they work with Nintendont, so the fix is wait to another rev, but the devs are taking some time to launch the next rev, but I don't care, they need to take a break after a lot of work.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Works perfectly for me, I am the one who marked it as fully fonctionnal. I used a clean 1:1 ISO made from my legit Gamecube game. It is probably your ISO

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That was only in some test versions that FIX94 posted in the thread only, nintendon't always worked in my Family Wii, it is just Spyro: A Hero's Tail that black screens in those wiis

You're wrong. I got to know about this project back then when Nintendont just WOULDN'T work in a wii Family Edition. it took a bit of time but they managed to find out that it was due to the Hollywood version being 0x21 and then it was solved. The test versions you're talking about were meant to find a way to change that fix so it would work in every console without affecting stuff like the power button. Spyro works perfectly fine, I just tested it and was playing for a bit.

Edit: if, by any chance, you were using nintendont months ago when the Kernel -1 error was still talked about, then I'd suggest you use Syscheck and see if your wii had the 0x21 Hollywood version, because if it doesn't have it, then that's the reason it worked for you.

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch