Hacking Nintendont

JnL_SSBM

Experienced
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm It works for me...Save stares debug menu and stuff.
when deactivating some stuff on debug menu, and play training mode, when trying to attack cpu when is not taking damage, occurs An error...

I think.. the hack works, works; but not for too much time.

Edit: FIXED, cache.txt was stopping working 20XX Melee 2.06

tested on Nintendont v1.128

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to sniff the commands the Gamepad is sending to the Wii U via the wifi chip vWii is able to access?

If it is possible to make Wii U loading GameCube games, yes xD!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm looking for a little help. I have Nintendont working, but I'm having serious issues with the controller. I'm using the Mayflash WiiU Gamepad Pro USB adapter (W009) and all the inputs from the gamepad result in serious stuttering, like the button is being switched on and off several times a second. Any idea why this is happening, or is it just a defective adapter? Thanks for the help!

Do you have the correct controller.ini? I don't have that adapter, but I will try to help you, some user had problems with this adapter too, but he fixit changing the mode of the adapter with a swith that it have in the back part. I remember it says something like "Directxinput" or something like that, these are the modes, try both.

mngunnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the correct controller.ini? I don't have that adapter, but I will try to help you, some user had problems with this adapter too, but he fixit changing the mode of the adapter with a swith that it have in the back part. I remember it says something like "Directxinput" or something like that, these are the modes, try both.

Thanks for the response. I'm using the correct controller.ini, as the first line of the file is "[Mayflash WiiU Pro Controller Adapter - W009]". The adapter will only work in DInput mode. I've tried it in the other mode, but Nintendont hangs with the error to connect the controller to the lower USB port. I'm thinking about returning the adapter if I can't get anywhere with it, I'm thinking about trying a PS2 to PS3 usb adapter and using my old Logitech wireless PS2 controller. Perhaps for some reason Nintendont on vWii doesn't like the Mayflash W009 adapter.

If I get the time I'll post a video to give you a better idea of what is happening when trying to play a game. Also, the problem isn't limited to just one game, it's every game.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey didn't Fix94 mention something about he working on getting Nintendon't work with the Wii U Pro Controller?
I remember he said something about being able to connect it to the app but after that nothing was said.

How did that work after all?

Howard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response. I'm using the correct controller.ini, as the first line of the file is "[Mayflash WiiU Pro Controller Adapter - W009]". The adapter will only work in DInput mode. I've tried it in the other mode, but Nintendont hangs with the error to connect the controller to the lower USB port. I'm thinking about returning the adapter if I can't get anywhere with it, I'm thinking about trying a PS2 to PS3 usb adapter and using my old Logitech wireless PS2 controller. Perhaps for some reason Nintendont on vWii doesn't like the Mayflash W009 adapter.

If I get the time I'll post a video to give you a better idea of what is happening when trying to play a game. Also, the problem isn't limited to just one game, it's every game.

Are you using the controller.ini from the google code page? Their are older versions still floating around that had that problem not yet fixed. It was caused by the adapter sending the controller positions for all 4 controllers it supports and Nintendont not filering just the first one.

Skyground95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Does Nintendont support loading from a secondary partition on the USB HDD, and from an NTFS-formated filesystem? Or do I have to use primary / FAT32 -formated partition?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I just looked into megaman x collection because I was wondering why the background music is just fine there in comparison to the anniversary collection and it turns out that the music in there are just normal .ogg files which you can listen to with every normal music player, in the anniversary collection they are actually .dsp files which are specifically for the gamecube so both games dither quite heavily from that, I did not expect that.
Also on a sidenote, they used "AO; aoTuV b4 [20050617] (based on Xiph.Org's libVorbis)" for whatever reason as the ogg encoder which is a third party version of it, not that it matters anyways :P

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
so I just looked into megaman x collection because I was wondering why the background music is just fine there in comparison to the anniversary collection and it turns out that the music in there are just normal .ogg files which you can listen to with every normal music player, in the anniversary collection they are actually .dsp files which are specifically for the gamecube so both games dither quite heavily from that, I did not expect that.
Also on a sidenote, they used "AO; aoTuV b4 [20050617] (based on Xiph.Org's libVorbis)" for whatever reason as the ogg encoder which is a third party version of it, not that it matters anyways :P
Streaming games should use that codec too instead...

mngunnut

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you using the controller.ini from the google code page? Their are older versions still floating around that had that problem not yet fixed. It was caused by the adapter sending the controller positions for all 4 controllers it supports and Nintendont not filering just the first one.

EDIT: After banging my head against the wall for a few hours I decided to use HID Test to see if the Mayflash W009 adapter was responding properly. Come to find out, it doesn't work worth a damn. I don't know if the issue is related to a different hardware revision on the adapter, but it's a no-go. I bought a generic $20 PS3 controller and had to reconfigure the controller.ini to match, and it works just fine. I'll be ordering a PS2 USB adapter to use with my Logitech RF PS2 controller, so for now, problem solved!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
someone changed burnout 2 AGAIN without updating the last working column...

That's starting to get really annoying, there needs to be a way to find out who keeps doing it, and why, because people seem to forget to change it. Stricter rules on what conditions the Wiki can be changed.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's starting to get really annoying, there needs to be a way to find out who keeps doing it, and why, because people seem to forget to change it. Stricter rules on what conditions the Wiki can be changed.
Maybe just one person updating that list receiving info in a new post about that?

SunnyDelacote

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i'm trying again nintendont with usbloaderGX, but i have this problem now
Plug controller into BOTTOM REAR usb port
what it means? what i did wrong? it was bad to enable ''use hid device''? or my controller.ini is poorly made?
[Controller JoyPad]
VID=0079
PID=0006
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
A=5,4F
B=5,8F
X=5,1F
Y=5,2F
Z=6,02
L=6,04
R=6,08
Power=6,10
S=6,20
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=1,FF
StickY=1,00
CStickX=4,FF
CStickY=4,00
LAnalog=12
RAnalog=13
this is it, i never figured btw what power has for, so i made the value, but in fact it never showed up

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
(cross-post from this thread...it may get more attention here)

Hmm...can anyone confirm me that Farowe's configuration for a dualshock PS4 still works on r127? :unsure:

I'm totally new to using nintendont, so things may not always work out fine. Thus far, I've gotten a game to start but the inputs don't seem to do much.

I'm on a (family) wii and am not using an SD card at all. Nintendont is in USB:\apps\nintendont, games in USB:\games\<subfolder>\games.iso and the configuration is renamed and placed into USB:\controller.ini.

The USB drive is connected on the lower port, my dual shock PS4 controller on the top one (through a USB->micro USB port). The lightbar lights up, but buttons don't seem to register.

I tried HIDtest but couldn't make sense of it. The numbers seem to flicker all the time regardless of whether I pressed buttons or not. And because they somehow ended up cutting in half by the bottom of my television (thus practically unreadable), I've no idea what it means. The best readout was an actual error when I unplugged it (so it DID recognize something over that USB port...).

pokeparadox

Trophies
XP
Country
Streaming games should use that codec too instead...
Doesn't work like that...
The streaming audio games are coded to use adp format which is handled by GameCube's DSP.
In order to switch to a different codec it would require either a realtime transcoder...bad idea or asking people to hack their ISO files to replace all adp with oggs... bad idea.

Fix94 has already stated he has code in progress which decodes adp in software and this is the most sensible approach to the problem of audio streaming games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work