Homebrew Nintendont Controller Configuration Problem

TheGamerBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey everyone, first day at GBATemp! Anyways, I was wondering if one of you could help me out. I have found and am using a controller configuration for Nintendont for my controller, the Logitech F310 GamePad. However, it doesn't have L & R button configuration, for some reason. Luckily for me, the game I'm playing right now is Sonic Heroes, which doesn't use those buttons. Still, games like Super Mario Sunshine, which requires F.L.U.D.D., would be impossible! Is there anyway someone could find/make a new configuration for me which includes L and R functionality?

(Also, the config you can find here https://github.com/Nanolx/nintendont-controller does not work)

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FWI those controller.ini files are no longer needed. You only need them if you want custom controls.

I'm looking at the controller.ini and it looks like it should be working. Are the triggers digital or analog?

TheGamerBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I've heard that term before, but don't know what it means. And I tried the configuration in that link and it didn't work before.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've heard that term before, but don't know what it means. And I tried the configuration in that link and it didn't work before.

Your going to need to run HIDtest on your Wii and compare the values that are on the controller.ini

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is WE cannot help you with the controller.ini

Only people that actually have the controller can make/edit a controller.ini

TheGamerBoy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dang it... I sent an email to the guy who answers questions on the Nintendont website, and he recommended you guys. It looks like I'll never find one. I didn't run the controller through the HID test, I simply looked up the definition of analog and digital triggers. I have no clue on how to make a configuration.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang it... I sent an email to the guy who answers questions on the Nintendont website, and he recommended you guys. It looks like I'll never find one. I didn't run the controller through the HID test, I simply looked up the definition of analog and digital triggers. I have no clue on how to make a configuration.

The nintendont.net website is a fansite. It's not supported by the devs.

The official site is here

How to make a controller.ini can be found here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0