Homebrew Triforce remapping on Nintendont

Crudmuffin64

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here, but I've been doing homebrew for a while. I recently just installed Nintendont on my Wii U's vWii, and got Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 running fine. What I'm concerned with now is potentially setting up more traditional Mario Kart controls for the game.

I understand the gas and brake pedals were analog on the Triforce arcade board, and the easiest way to map the analog functionality of the gas and brake to a GCN controller or Wii Classic controller is to map them to the L and R buttons, but would it be possible to change acceleration to the A button with R being drift?

Items are also set to the A button, Which is another choice which I don't like too much, it almost makes the game feel like a weird hybrid of Super Mario Kart and a racing sim with how its controls are. Maybe it'd be more natural if I played Gran Turismo or Forza or whatever racing sims actually use the triggers as pedals, but Idk. If items could be set to X, gas on A and brake on R, it'd be much easier to adjust.

I have played the game on Dolphin while using more traditional Mario Kart controls, so if someone could help me here, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by Crudmuffin64,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?