GBA IPS display offset image

Nostrvm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I recently had an IPS screen installed on my GBA, didn't do it myself and I got no idea whats the make and model of it. It does look great, but the Y axis of the image is offset in the display. It was like that when I got it and I didn't really mind a little bit of the bottom of the displayed image being obstructed by the screen protector because I had no intention of trimming the top of the screen nest. The thing is one day it got fixed all by itself. The screen was perfectly aligned for two whole days. Now it's back to being offset and part of the image on the bottom is obstructed again. Is there a button combination to control the screen offset? Like I said I got no idea what's the make and model on my screen, all I know is that holding the L bumper and pressing the R bumper increases the brightness and pressing select lowers it. Could it be a hardware problem and should I contact the person that installed it?

UPDATE: The screen is a retro pixel v3 from aliexpress and I just bricked it, apparently. Searching for a way to configure screen offset I actually stumbled upon the button combination. Holding L + R + Start & Select enters the screen adjustment mode. Then by holding L + Start and tapping R i actually moved the image to the right (X+ axis) and apparently I did it so much the screen went black. I'm just hoping anyone here has experience with that ips screen model so they can guide me through this and hopefully get the image back.

BREAKTHROUGH: I finally figured it out. I'm gonna post my findings here in case anyone runs into this issue:

L + R + Select: Enter Adjust Screen Y Axis
R button: Move Y- Axis (Down)
Select: Move Y+ Axis (Up)

Repeat step 1 to enter X Axis adjustment.
R button: Move X+ Axis (Left)
Select: Move X- Axis (Right)

Repeart step 1 to save changes.

Hopefully someone out there finds this useful (probably not).

Cheers!

Last edited by Nostrvm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch