Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

oBluEx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does Haze work?

I've been using FTPD to transfer smaller files, but when it came to larger ones (files that are 1 GB or larger, basically), I've been rebooting to Hekate's Nyx screen, or whatever it's called, so I could remove my microSD card - because otherwise file transfer would be painfully slow.

Would also like an answer to this that has sadly been skipped.

PressToStart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I always have used the MTP server built in Tinfoil. Maybe now it isn't required to open an app for more pratical use? This is good but I would love to see an external usb support but I also know that SciresM is against that feature present in SXOS so probably IF ever happen will take a LONG time like when the Nintendo Switch get discontinued.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have used the MTP server built in Tinfoil. Maybe now it isn't required to open an app for more pratical use? This is good but I would love to see an external usb support but I also know that SciresM is against that feature present in SXOS so probably IF ever happen will take a LONG time like when the Nintendo Switch get discontinued.
Did you read the post? It’s a homebrew app you still have to open and use

PressToStart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you read the post? It’s a homebrew app you still have to open and use
"With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here."

This doesn't says ANY WHERE is an app. What this says is a "new homebrew called Haze". This means it could be implemented as a module chailoaded on start of the system and to keep running on background pretty much like what Tesla does. I did confirm later on the Github page that indeed is just a classic homebrew as app NRO like others MTP servers that the Switch already have so sadly there's nothing new about that just more of the same.

Last edited by PressToStart,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
"With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here."

This doens't says ANY WHERE is an app. What this says is a "new homebrew called Haze". This means it could be implemented as a module chailoaded on start of the system and to keep running on background pretty much like what Tesla does. I did confirm later on the Github page that indeed is just a classic homebrew as app NRO like others MTP servers that the Switch already have so sadly there's nothing new about that just more of the same.
Guess I’m just too old school, but I generally read “homebrew” as mutually exclusive with “application”.. Not a module, plugin, etc..

Clisman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What injector do you use?
none, i have a switch lite with sx lite modchip, and everything runs Just Fine on 16.0.1 update, but since i update to newer version today alongside hekate and atmosphere updates i dont have acess to none of It, It boots directly on ofw

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is external HDD support on any console used for? Storing games.
I mean I assume that is what people want to do.
Storing and playing pirated games off of an external HDD. It's GBATemp after all, the capital of the silent pirates.
iirc nintendo did mention they (may) add support in the ofw for that but now i doubt it due to the V1's being easily hacked

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__