Nintendo Switch firmware 16.0.2 released, Atmosphere 1.5.2 update available which adds USB file transfer

banner.png

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
How does Haze work?

I've been using FTPD to transfer smaller files, but when it came to larger ones (files that are 1 GB or larger, basically), I've been rebooting to Hekate's Nyx screen, or whatever it's called, so I could remove my microSD card - because otherwise file transfer would be painfully slow.
There's zero reason to remove your SD card, especially seeing as you're already in Nyx.. use the SD mounter? You're gonna break your SD reader if you remove it

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does Haze work?

I've been using FTPD to transfer smaller files, but when it came to larger ones (files that are 1 GB or larger, basically), I've been rebooting to Hekate's Nyx screen, or whatever it's called, so I could remove my microSD card - because otherwise file transfer would be painfully slow.
You don't need to go hekate screen, just pull the card, do what you want with it, put it back in and press vol +/- to reboot.

Without even looking at it I bet Haze works like any other app that supports MTP. Launch it, plug your Switch to your PC USB port and do what you want with the folder that appear.
Post automatically merged:

There's zero reason to remove your SD card, especially seeing as you're already in Nyx.. use the SD mounter? You're gonna break your SD reader if you remove it
Your USB connector see a lot more wear than the SD card connector. The USB connector may be harder to replace than the SD card connector. Unplug SD card may not be a worst idea than to connect USB to PC.

Last edited by TomSwitch,
Reactions: BigOnYa

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your USB connector see a lot more wear than the SD card connector. The USB connector may be harder to replace than the SD card connector. Unplug SD card may not be a worst idea than to connect USB to PC.
I often wonder if it's the Switch being poorly put together or people not treating their devices properly, but I agree I'd much rather have to replace the SD reader than the USB port.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I often wonder if it's the Switch being poorly put together or people not treating their devices properly, but I agree I'd much rather have to replace the SD reader than the USB port.
Ironically I rather let someone change my usb port than the motherboard socket for the sd reader

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team,

I write this in this thread to tell you about the experience that I had after updating to AMS to 1.5.2.

I have many forwarders created by me with Menu 0.12 beta program that have been working perfeclty so far, but after I upgraded AMS to 1.5.2, they, the forwarders, won't work again.

In order to make these forwarders work within AMS 1.5.2, I have tried the following:
  • I tried to create new forwarders with SAK and Menu 0.12 beta and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
  • I recopied the sigpatches and reboot and blablabla and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
Then I restored the Atmosphere 1.5.1 files: hbl.nsp, package3, reboot_payload.bin, stratosphere.romfs from \atmosphere folder and daybreak.nro and reboot_to_payload.nro from \switch folder (just in case) and finally, all the previous forwarders started to work again.

So the configuration that I left is the following AMS 1.5.1 with 16.0.2:
1681989032777.png

Hope AMS will be updated in version 1.5.3 and fix this problem.

Hope it helps!

Best regards

Willsito

Last edited by Willsito_GG,

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
Reactions: Purple_Shyguy

Willsito_GG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello team,

I write this in this thread to tell you about the experience that I had after updating to AMS to 1.5.2.

I have many forwarders created by me with Menu 0.12 beta program that have been working perfeclty so far, but after I upgraded AMS to 1.5.2, they, the forwarders, won't work again.

In order to make these forwarders work within AMS 1.5.2, I have tried the following:
  • I tried to create new forwarders with SAK and Menu 0.12 beta and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
  • I recopied the sigpatches and reboot and blablabla and I got the same results: forwarders not working.
Then I restored the Atmosphere 1.5.1 files: hbl.nsp, package3, reboot_payload.bin, stratosphere.romfs from \atmosphere folder and daybreak.nro and reboot_to_payload.nro from \switch folder (just in case) and finally, all the previous forwarders started to work again.

So the configuration that I left is the following AMS 1.5.1 with 16.0.2:
1681989032777.png

Hope AMS will be updated in version 1.5.3 and fix this problem.

Hope it helps!

Best regards

Willsito
It got fixed by adding some new sigpatches shared in this post: https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatc...-fusee-package3.571543/page-122#post-10134265

Thanks a lot to @impeeza!

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

With every new Nintendo Switch firmware comes the promise of greater stability and enhanced user experience than one could ever imagine. That's the case with the latest update for the Switch, bringing it to OFW 16.0.2, released today. SciresM quickly wheeled out a new version of Atmosphere CFW to match it, but this update features something more interesting than just stability to match Nintendo's. Atmosphere 1.5.2 adds in a new homebrew called Haze, which lets you perform USB file transfer, giving you access to your console's SD card on your computer without ever having to remove it. You can grab the latest version on GitHub, linked here.

:arrow: Source

Oh my gosh this is just a wonderful day
q v q...thank you so much ♡♡. However I am sadly stuck...my micro SD refuses to format ever since I used minitool partition wizard program to wipe the data completely for some odd reason it just screwed me over...I really wanna fix it for I can get this program but...I can't ;~;..so it was nice to see something I really need release.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A wonderful update from Nintendo would be to delete those space that is occupied by files updated by the updates. Sometimes we get V0 = 16G then V1=22G probably replacing most of that 16G but we recover nothing from the storage taken up by this rubbish.

WalterSlovotsky

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing. If you use Mission Control so you can use non-Nintendo controllers without using a dongle, wait to update until they update their app. I've forgotten about that twice now, and I always freak out when the system won't boot, until I remember that this is the culprit.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is external HDD support on any console used for? Storing games.
I mean I assume that is what people want to do.
Storing and playing pirated games off of an external HDD. It's GBATemp after all, the capital of the silent pirates.
"
It's GBATemp after all, the capital of the silent pirates."
and that's the straight truth right there.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn new FW already and I just recently got the stuff ready to update to 16.0.1 lol. I wonder if 16.0.3 comes out right after I set up the current one :P Ah well I gotta shove the newest stuff onto this new switch of mine, should be great.

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

rob61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get latest DBI to work under latest Windows 10 21H2 update? I have it connected, tried USB 3 and USB 2 sockets. I updated Windows to latest 21H2. I turned off the firewall and disabled the "security" settings. Is there a change in Windows update that prevents this program from communicating? The program runs "Waiting for switch..." but the Switch never connects or finds the file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.