Nintendo Planning Larger 3DS, Wii U Price Expected at 30,000 Yen -- Ni

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, I don't care about the XL versions, I've always preferred small handhelds that I can easilly carry in my pocket with other stuff (I put a protection cover on them tho obv), I tried an XL from a friend once and man, I disliked it, it was ok, the colors were vivid and all that shizz, but the size was too big for my liking. =3
Also, I'd lmao if there is in fact a 3DS XL released but it has no second circle pad and they release a CPP XL, now that would make my day. =P

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how skipping the Lite would factor it.
DS Phat had only two light options. It didn't look very good.
So I skipped to the 3DS, and it looked better.
That's just lighting, it has nothing to do with the actual visuals. 3DS still looks worse than the DS in terms of DS visuals, but I can see why one might believe otherwise.
"Looking bad" is all opinion.
I like the way DS games look on the 3DS.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how skipping the Lite would factor it.
DS Phat had only two light options. It didn't look very good.
So I skipped to the 3DS, and it looked better.
That's just lighting, it has nothing to do with the actual visuals. 3DS still looks worse than the DS in terms of DS visuals, but I can see why one might believe otherwise.
"Looking bad" is all opinion.
I like the way DS games look on the 3DS.
I know all about subjectivity, but let me put it straight. DS resolution doesn't agree with 3DS resolution, so it ends up looking smaller and blurrier, which by any consensus based definition would be "worse", but it is all subjective.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"If $380 sounds steep, keep in mind that the Wii is still priced at 20,000 yen in Japan, or roughly $250 here."

The prices don't translate directly. I highly doubt the system will be $350+, but who really knows.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAH!
I freaking called it.
Look around, I've said a lot that they would make a 3DS XL.

Yeah, it was getting annoying. Also, this doesn't prove anything.

I'm happy with the 3DS already. Any bigger and it would never leave my house, just like my XL.
Wait until tomorrow, I guess. If they're making a 3DSXL this early, then it'll be at E3.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I haven't been able to pull this out for a while now:
yKCVB.png

Reactions: 1 person

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Fuck, I just got a 3DS yesterday. Well, bigger screen doesn't necessarily mean a better gaming experience...so I'll pass this time, Nintendo.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm putting out that much i'll start looking for a Ipad or some such thing... Besiedes I'll but no more Nintendo electronics until they catch up on the game releases.. something besides , mario and friends and his mock sports titles. Getting a bit old for me.. It's pretty bad when 20+ year old black and white gb releases are better than the majority of new 3d games being released... it's just sad, for a company that we all know is capable of doing so much better...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I'm putting out that much i'll start looking for a Ipad or some such thing... Besiedes I'll but no more Nintendo electronics until they catch up on the game releases.. something besides , mario and friends and his mock sports titles. Getting a bit old for me.. It's pretty bad when 20+ year old black and white gb releases are better than the majority of new 3d games being released... it's just sad, for a company that we all know is capable of doing so much better...
Seems you haven't caught up with games recently, pal.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus was the last I bought and I didn't care for that either... what's newer?

BTW Ign reports, that Nintendo corrected that release stating that it is/was conjecture and incorrectly interpreted.

PS Machomuu: I'n no ones PAL., Also I'm many, many years your senior son. Retired.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bigger screen is nice, but I would like the 3DS be thinner and more pocketable. Not saying that it isn't now, but it could be a little better. Plus the cameras could be a little nicer as well.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

It's not five hundred and ninety nine US dollars bad but it's still like (rounding the price to $350) $100 more than a PS3 and $150 more than a Xbox 360.

If it was within $50 of them then I'd consider but if this is true then I really won't bother with the system at all. Well I wasn't planning to anyway but my opinion is solidified (if it's true).
Rememeber that Japanese launch prices are always higher.

Like the 3DS for example, ¥25,000 at launch in Japan but $250 in the states. If the Wii U is going to be ¥30,000, it's likely $300 in the US.

$300 is really what I expected for the Wii U from a long time ago, and it's rather affordable.

EDIT: if there were a 3DS XL, I'll trade in my US one for it immediately. I love a bigger screen, but I hope that they keep BC. Still it's a rumor, and it will (very likely) not be announced this year anyway.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry for double posting (this one is kinda intentional)

Nintendo fights back claims of a 3DS XL

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nintendo.co.jp%2Fcorporate%2Frelease%2F2012%2F120605.html

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Fake. Iwata said they're not covering the 3DS at their main conference, just in the following events and on the showfloor.
besides, 300,000 JPY is somewhere around 400 USD.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be incredibly disappointed if this turned out to be false. The DSi XL not only had better battery life, but larger screens, better sound quality, comfortable feel and a dexterous casing, and I really want the first three.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Fake. Iwata said they're not covering the 3DS at their main conference, just in the following events and on the showfloor.
besides, 300,000 JPY is somewhere around 400 USD.
They will have a main showcase on software for the 3DS, something like the Pre-TGS one last year but aimed at the western audience.

As for price, Nintendo rarely or never go by currency conversions. American prices are usually lower than the Japanese ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up