Nintendo Direct September 1st Roundup

ss+(2016-09-01+at+08.10.07).png

It's time for Nintendo's latest direct...for the 3DS only. It's time to see what final tricks Nintendo has up their sleeves before the NX hits. GBAtemp will keep you informed here, with all the latest announcements to come.

:arrow: Watch it here

Summary: Mario Maker 3DS on Dec 2 2016. Yoshi Wooly World 3DS port. Legend of Zelda Amiibo line. Mario Sports Super Stars 3DS for Spring 2017 also has online multiplayer. Pikmin 3DS announced. Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new furniture and amiibo support.

It's starting!
2017 games for the 3DS announced...but what are they?
Recapping Pokemon Sun and Moon
Alolan Rattata announced
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.02.11).jpg
Special pre order Munchlax with special move will be available
New Super Mario Bros...whaaa Mario Maker 3DS Announced!
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.03.46).jpg
The Amiibo costumes will be Wii U only, and not on the 3DS. It's going to have local sharing features for courses.
Will launch Dec 2 2016.
Mario Party Star Rush has a Toad Mode where everyone moves simultaneously. Coinathalon mode. 7 different modes. Has features with the Super Mario Amiibo line. Local Multiplayer, but no online. Launches Nov 4 2016.
11111.jpg
Animal Crossing New Leaf is getting an update, with amiibo support. New Amiibo cards releasing Dec 2. There will be a Welcome Amiibo version of the game, which includes all the new features prepackaged. There will be an Animal Crossing direct later this fall.
22222.jpg
Street Pass Plaza getting a fast plaza update which makes things a bit quicker to get through. Now you can encounter more than 10 people at one time, going all the way to 100! 5 new streetpass games. Slot car, market crashers, feed mii, mii trek, ninja launcher. Slot car and market crashers are free. These will launch right after the direct.
333333333.jpg
Tank troopers. Has 6 player multiplayer. Multiple game modes. Launches this winter.
44444444.jpg
Picross 3D Round Two. Gets a demo after the direct.
Nindies getting discounts every week. Axiom Verge Wii U is first.
Seattle PAX West having a Nindie Lounge. Punch Club and Runbow available to play there.
Classic Amiibo Zelda figures. Classic link, OOT Link, Toon Link, and Zelda. Will have features in LOZ BOTW.
Dark Horse Comics releasing 3 books about LOZ series.
5555555555.jpg
Skyward Sword will be on the eShop for Wii U.
Galaxy Style N3DS XL system.
66.jpg
Hyrule Warriors Legends getting a third DLC. Sand Wand as a weapon. Toon Zelda playable.
7777777.jpg
New adventure mode map. Available today. Season Pass is on sale right now.

Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice trailer. It's coming Sept 8th Eshop only.
Dragon Quest 8! Coming 2017.
Dragon Quest 7 has streetpass special dungeons and items. There will be new dungeons as well through online features. Prepurchase to get a theme. Sept 16th launch.
8888888888888.jpg
Yokai Watch 2. Bony Spirits or Fleshy Souls. Each have different Yokai. Come with a little physical medal. Digital games have the ability to befriend little cat yokai. Coming Sept 30.
9999999999.jpg
Disney Magical World 2. Free Frozen Outfits downloadable. Trailer for the game shown. Looks to have house customization that looks a lot like Animal Crossing's.
New Disney 3DS themes.
Sonic 25th anniversary...Sonic Boom Fire and Ice. New villian Defect. Coming Sept 27. Comes with Sonic Boom DVD with physical version.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse. Launches sept 20.
smt.jpg
Bill is here to announce games.
Yoshi!
Yoshi's Wolly World coming to 3DS. New features. New Poochy stages.
yosh.jpg
There will be 30 stop motion shorts about Yoshi.
Poochy amiibo coming
Feb 3 2017 launch.
Ever Oasis, a game by reknown ex-Square Enix devs.
eeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
Japanese footage shown. Each character has specific abilities. Has crafting system. Coming 2017

Mario Sports Super Stars. Baseball, soccer, tennis, horse racing. Local and online! Huzzah. Releasing Spring 2017.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
Lastly is...Pikmin!
Side scrolling spinoff adventure on 3DS. Coming 2017 sometime.
ppppppppp.jpg

The end!

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this time i actually watched the nintendo direct video and the woman was talking about super mario maker.
She said the game DOES have a online mode. You can use it to play 100 mario challenge as intended like wii u and to download courses made on wii u (Except some is not compatiable. My best guess is the NEW SUPER MARIO U courses seeing as that game specifically has a spin jump function the DS or 3DS new super mario never had, or the one featuring the Slender mario or mega mario or costumes from 1985 Mario bros since the 3DS says no costumes would also mean none of that stuff as well So maybe all elese is fair game) She also said any course made for 3DS is only for 3DS via street pass and local share not to upload online. So if anyone still didn't know, now you do.

100 mario challenge requires online mode to play and can download courses but not all of them (Reasons previously stated is just a guess)
My thoughts about level compatibility seem closer to performance issues. You've got your regular, nicely done levels, but then there are some where everything goes ballistic and shoved in your face all at once. This is supposedly being a title to play on an o3DS, so going from the Wii U's CPU to the o3DS's CPU, there's going to be some limitations. We've already seen on the Wii U how a combination of interactions can cause the game to run in slow-mo, and that was actually intentional by the level makers. Some levels that run fine on Wii U may not run fine on the o3DS. This is why I think they removed being able to search for codes, because you may end up getting more incompatible matches than not.

As for uploading, my initial thoughts were with regard to possible 3DS-specific stuff in the game and even just the surge of levels coming from a potential 60 million uploaders onto Nintendo servers, but someone on another forum pointed out how the 3DS still utilizes FC for online interaction, so now my thoughts detoured into that, as I can't recall an actual 3DS game that utilizes NNID, only apps like Miiverse and the eShop.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thoughts about level compatibility seem closer to performance issues. You've got your regular, nicely done levels, but then there are some where everything goes ballistic and shoved in your face all at once. This is supposedly being a title to play on an o3DS, so going from the Wii U's CPU to the o3DS's CPU, there's going to be some limitations. We've already seen on the Wii U how a combination of interactions can cause the game to run in slow-mo, and that was actually intentional by the level makers. Some levels that run fine on Wii U may not run fine on the o3DS. This is why I think they removed being able to search for codes, because you may end up getting more incompatible matches than not.

As for uploading, my initial thoughts were with regard to possible 3DS-specific stuff in the game and even just the surge of levels coming from a potential 60 million uploaders onto Nintendo servers, but someone on another forum pointed out how the 3DS still utilizes FC for online interaction, so now my thoughts detoured into that, as I can't recall an actual 3DS game that utilizes NNID, only apps like Miiverse and the eShop.
You make a excellent point. :P

The thing i guess is that i dunno why on earth course makers do such things like enemy spam, and other such things. The good thing is people no longer need to earn stars or complain about deleted levels :P

But The thing i was worried about is the limited replay factor, the 100 mario challenge is the replay factor besides making levels. But not everyone likes making levels, and if you are without internet, you can't play any levels, besides the ones stuck in the system on wii u. Or make your own, which can be less fun. With 3DS is not a primary online console so to have rely on street pass is a good reason to have it set that way. Other wise you download levels to play later and fill up game with limited levels since you can't keep them all you download. :unsure:

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
The only thing that excited me about this direct was Axiom Verge discount, and not only is that on the Wii U, but I already have it on PS4 and just want more people to see it.

Other than that... meh.

josamilu

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER MARIO MAKER

I AM SATISFIED
Was exactly my reaction.

But the Pikmin game kinda ruined it for me. Would have loved a Pikmin 3 port for New 3DS. I know some people don't like this port Wii U games to 3DS, but I do, and I think it is a great oportunity for people who don't have a Wii U to enjoy it, it's obvious that the Wii U is dead and Zelda BotW will be the last big Wii U game. I'll still look into the game and still like it (i hope), but not as much as the typical games.

Also I would have loved a new Advance Wars for 3DS.

Also it's kinda sad that they completely forgot Metroid. (I hope they did, I want a new 2D one :angry:)

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow!
@loler55 can get his levels banned in yet another console!
very funny indeed ......

but thanks for the info
@sarkwalvein its a new hope for me
hacking a save on the 3ds is a lot of easyer

They could add in online sharing as an update a few months after its release if enough people ask for it.
and when its is finish.
lets inject my levels in the 3ds version.
or i copy side for side for side for side.

nintendo can spare the extra server withouth onlineupload for 3ds

yeahhhhh my colored yoshis i love this sh.

WoW i can hate the wiiuversion and can play and love it on my 3ds.
nice compromise for me.
i find it so nice that's not completely the same version.

but nintendo , today its not my birthday but thanks allot :)
lol

time to reach a new skilllevel like in my creation Buggy Doorjump

or this

not like this one

Last edited by loler55,
D

Deleted User

http://www.psnstores.com/2015/02/yu-gi-oh-debuts-big-in-famitsus-january-downloads/

PSP is number 2 yet that game was released when the PSP was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay dead.

The 3ds was released with 10 or so games that are either milking franchises with stupid shitty excuse for stories, not to mention remakes, the 3ds/wiiu entire game library is just a bunch of remakes and milkies that make no sense, Nintendo is investing nothing btw, they don't buy game licences, devs buy licences to develop for the console, nintendo does literally nothing but takes the money and apply medicine to the butthurt area about the hacking scene for the 3ds/wiiu. Just because it has different name, better specs, doesn't mean it'll have more than 20% of original games.
U got a point... but they launch a new pokemon game a moment b4 they release a new console. Also ds and gba had games way after the next console came out. So what? Do u say there are many devs who release games to a dead console? It exsists, right, but most of them focus on te new console. More profitable...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why no hype for ever oasis? Looks great

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Super hyped for Mario Maker, but the no online thing sucks.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure someone on gbatemp will figure out how to extract levels from a save and import them to another (or something similar), wich could result into a thread where everyone could share their Super Mario Maker 3DS levels.

Reactions: Xabring
D

Deleted User

Anyway, I'm pretty sure someone on gbatemp will figure out how to extract levels from a save and import them to another (or something similar), wich could result into a thread where everyone could share their Super Mario Maker 3DS levels.
It has online afaik, but not specific levels by code...

D

Deleted User

Or a cool HB tool to download levels with qr righy to yr console.

Reactions: josamilu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk