Nintendo Direct September 1st Roundup

ss+(2016-09-01+at+08.10.07).png

It's time for Nintendo's latest direct...for the 3DS only. It's time to see what final tricks Nintendo has up their sleeves before the NX hits. GBAtemp will keep you informed here, with all the latest announcements to come.

:arrow: Watch it here

Summary: Mario Maker 3DS on Dec 2 2016. Yoshi Wooly World 3DS port. Legend of Zelda Amiibo line. Mario Sports Super Stars 3DS for Spring 2017 also has online multiplayer. Pikmin 3DS announced. Animal Crossing New Leaf to get new furniture and amiibo support.

It's starting!
2017 games for the 3DS announced...but what are they?
Recapping Pokemon Sun and Moon
Alolan Rattata announced
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.02.11).jpg
Special pre order Munchlax with special move will be available
New Super Mario Bros...whaaa Mario Maker 3DS Announced!
ss+(2016-09-01+at+09.03.46).jpg
The Amiibo costumes will be Wii U only, and not on the 3DS. It's going to have local sharing features for courses.
Will launch Dec 2 2016.
Mario Party Star Rush has a Toad Mode where everyone moves simultaneously. Coinathalon mode. 7 different modes. Has features with the Super Mario Amiibo line. Local Multiplayer, but no online. Launches Nov 4 2016.
11111.jpg
Animal Crossing New Leaf is getting an update, with amiibo support. New Amiibo cards releasing Dec 2. There will be a Welcome Amiibo version of the game, which includes all the new features prepackaged. There will be an Animal Crossing direct later this fall.
22222.jpg
Street Pass Plaza getting a fast plaza update which makes things a bit quicker to get through. Now you can encounter more than 10 people at one time, going all the way to 100! 5 new streetpass games. Slot car, market crashers, feed mii, mii trek, ninja launcher. Slot car and market crashers are free. These will launch right after the direct.
333333333.jpg
Tank troopers. Has 6 player multiplayer. Multiple game modes. Launches this winter.
44444444.jpg
Picross 3D Round Two. Gets a demo after the direct.
Nindies getting discounts every week. Axiom Verge Wii U is first.
Seattle PAX West having a Nindie Lounge. Punch Club and Runbow available to play there.
Classic Amiibo Zelda figures. Classic link, OOT Link, Toon Link, and Zelda. Will have features in LOZ BOTW.
Dark Horse Comics releasing 3 books about LOZ series.
5555555555.jpg
Skyward Sword will be on the eShop for Wii U.
Galaxy Style N3DS XL system.
66.jpg
Hyrule Warriors Legends getting a third DLC. Sand Wand as a weapon. Toon Zelda playable.
7777777.jpg
New adventure mode map. Available today. Season Pass is on sale right now.

Ace Attorney Spirit of Justice trailer. It's coming Sept 8th Eshop only.
Dragon Quest 8! Coming 2017.
Dragon Quest 7 has streetpass special dungeons and items. There will be new dungeons as well through online features. Prepurchase to get a theme. Sept 16th launch.
8888888888888.jpg
Yokai Watch 2. Bony Spirits or Fleshy Souls. Each have different Yokai. Come with a little physical medal. Digital games have the ability to befriend little cat yokai. Coming Sept 30.
9999999999.jpg
Disney Magical World 2. Free Frozen Outfits downloadable. Trailer for the game shown. Looks to have house customization that looks a lot like Animal Crossing's.
New Disney 3DS themes.
Sonic 25th anniversary...Sonic Boom Fire and Ice. New villian Defect. Coming Sept 27. Comes with Sonic Boom DVD with physical version.
Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse. Launches sept 20.
smt.jpg
Bill is here to announce games.
Yoshi!
Yoshi's Wolly World coming to 3DS. New features. New Poochy stages.
yosh.jpg
There will be 30 stop motion shorts about Yoshi.
Poochy amiibo coming
Feb 3 2017 launch.
Ever Oasis, a game by reknown ex-Square Enix devs.
eeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
Japanese footage shown. Each character has specific abilities. Has crafting system. Coming 2017

Mario Sports Super Stars. Baseball, soccer, tennis, horse racing. Local and online! Huzzah. Releasing Spring 2017.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.jpg
Lastly is...Pikmin!
Side scrolling spinoff adventure on 3DS. Coming 2017 sometime.
ppppppppp.jpg

The end!

D

Deleted-379826

I've went through the majority of Wiii U's library (most were shitty games) so yes. I'm bored of it.
Yeah but is there really *NOTHING* I can find maybe 20 great games! Plus if you hack it you can play SO MANY other systems. All the way up to N64 and NDS!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Super Mario Maker looks like a worthy investment. I might grab Wooly World if it's on sale or something. I already have the cash set aside for Phoenix Wright next week. Everything else is just meh. Not that fussed. A few bits I might grab if they're on offer but I won't go out of my way.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but is there really *NOTHING* I can find maybe 20 great games! Plus if you hack it you can play SO MANY other systems. All the way up to N64 and NDS!
It all really depends on if you have other systems and or a gaming PC. Virtual Console means nothing to someone with a system that can emulate everything. And the Wii U does have a few quality games, but, it doesn't have enough good games to market itself to the mass majority. And with Mario Maker and Yoshi coming to 3DS, there's two less reasons to own a Wii U. If you're Nintendo-centric, it's an alright console, but it's a ton of steps backwards than what it should have been.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

I'm not going to argue with a fanboy. I've played the games I wanted (and didn't) of Wii U and now it's just sitting there gathering dust until Zelda:BotW is out.

D

Deleted User

Ever oasis looks great! I look forward for it. They said action adventure... cool
Also mario maker.... fuck ya

Reactions: Chary
D

Deleted User

The best thing about mario maker is the servers and comunity and it doesnt exist there... just add a "3ds compatible" flag to the servers and done. Whats the problem?

FrozenDragon150

Notorious Coffee Drinker
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm more annoyed than hyped over this.

Wii U Direct when, Nintendo? Honestly, they didn't show signs of giving up so hard even on the GameCube, I want to see more Wii U stuff.

Reactions: sarkwalvein

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Here is the recap in a few words: Milking, Milking, Milking, DLC, Milking, Remakes, Remakes, Remakes.

You keep buying this shit, and complain why is Nintendo such a shitty company that does nothing but play the nostalgia card.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i remenber the day when portable games were later improved and released on home consoles with better graphics and more content and whatnot, but nowadays it seems the wiiu is so bad nintendo is doing the oposite by downporting the games to the 3ds, they have really given up on wiiu for good.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: I pwned U!
D

Deleted User

Here is the recap in a few words: Milking, Milking, Milking, DLC, Milking, Remakes, Remakes, Remakes.

You keep buying this shit, and complain why is Nintendo such a shitty company that does nothing but play the nostalgia card.
Hmmm its the end of 3ds life. Why should they invest in it? The NX will get some good games, not only dlc and shitty remakes. When u release big shit on a console in the end of its life u dont get same money as making same good games for the new console.

Last edited by ,

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? NINTENDO IS SUPPOSED TO BE DISAPPOINTING PEOPLE WITH ALL OF THEIR RECENT ANNOUNCEMENTS LIKE THEY ALWAYS DO!

IS THIS THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT?
This is the first time in a long time that a few of Nintendo's announcements have actually been somewhat good. It is nice to see a system title (the Mii Plaza) finally getting an update with more than just new games. It is nice to no longer have to worry about the annoying 10 StreetPass limit.

Perhaps it would be possible to analyze how the code.bin changed to increase that limit so that it could somehow be done with StreetPass for other titles. (It is probably a long shot, but one can hope.)

As for Super Mario Maker, I have heard that the online features suck anyway with levels and stars being removed for the dumbest of reasons, so it is likely for the better that the online features are absent. Besides, if you want to share levels online, just extract them from your save data or ExtData (wherever Nintendo's developers choose to store them), and post them on GBATemp in a level sharing thread, just like the one for Loadiine and Cemu players!;)

Reactions: The Cringe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D