• Replies 171

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much as expected, repeat of what was shown last year as well as ideas they've had since. Short but very sweet, they seem to have a better handle on the casual to "core" ratio. I'll be very happy if this thing launched with Wii Sports 3 and *insertsocalledNintendoCoretitle*.

Cannot wait for the main show.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Omg. well color me IMPRESSED.
WiiU controler pro looks like a good controller for hardcore gamers.
Miiverse: Video chat, online forums, Connected at all times?
Omg Nintendo is stepping it up.
What made me shit even more is that Nintendo 3DS will not be left alone. It's being announced on the 3DS.

And if they develop Animal Crosssing for the Wii U... OMFG THIS WILL BE PERFECT FOR IT!

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
same as last year? lol no
last year the masses didnt even notice what the system was because it was just "look, a golf ball on the floor and you can hit it with the wiimote" all e3.

We saw the menu, new controllers, social aspects, web browsing and videos, offline-online gameplay, sharing of user-made content, and more.

Reactions: 4 people
D

Deleted User

OP
absolutely no wii support announced, that's disappointing, especially after they said they wanted to connect several generations of nintendo hardware through nintendo network, and it wasn't even included!
something that could be done with a simple update! :/

even a 3ds to wii communication funcionality could be added, the mii channel updated, etc

also the wiiu will have a screenshot feature but the 3ds is missing that already and no word on it being done for it
I was impressed as everyone but i found that disappointing

matt382

Trophies
XP
Country
Just seen that Pro controller... Really made me more interested in the WiiU, that tablet controller was slightly off-putting for me, personally.

saviorkross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The social aspects don't really interest me all that much, but I was glad to see the reiteration of the classic controller. The different possibilities for local play with the Wii U "controller" is intriguing as well. I wonder how many people are going to leave false help in games similar to leaving messages to jump down holes and off cliffs in Demon's Souls. Also, it'll be interesting to see how long before someone gets banned for doing something stupid over the video chat akin to how that one kid got banned on XBL Uno for showing his genitals.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The Wii U Pro Controller looks great and I am sure that you can play many of the titles with it! :) :)
The Wii U Controller with the screen seems to be good, too, and has got many nice features! :)
I hate the Wii remote and the Nunchuk and hopefully I don`t have to use them again. R.I.P. :yaywii: R.i.P.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone get a shot of that Wii-U Pro Controller?
pro.png

Here ya go

That is one sexy looking controller, reminds of the XBOX 360's controller in terms of form factor.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With this reveal though, Sony and Microsoft are probably gonna work on really improving their own online now in order to beat the Wii-Us, since we still have seen their next systems.

SeZMehK

The Wielder of the Keyblade
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really love the concept. I would get it on day one but its just that I dont want it to be collecting dust like the wii that I have...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That looked pretty good to me, some interesting ideas shown of on the idea of social gaming networks, and some good demonstration of possibilities.

Hell I look forward to the actual examples on Tuesday.
gallery_125264_224_195436.jpg

Reactions: 9 people

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well that went as expected, I didn't figure Nintendo would unveil the redesigned console until their E3 showing, well one day to go! :P

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That looked pretty good to me, some interesting ideas shown of on the idea of social gaming networks, and some good demonstration of possibilities.

Hell I look forward to the actual examples on Tuesday.

-Snip-
Non-Specific Action Figure for next Super Smash Bros.
+ one and if that bastard doesn't get his own game I'll abandon Nintendo.

Also I still find it funny that before the Wii was ever shown Nintendo was going on about using less buttons on a controller and all that but now they have the most...well aside from the Atari Jaguar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto