• Views 14,322
  • Replies 171

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All i need to see is a new Smash Bros and a new Pokemon and my wallet will already be open. Nintendo always has at least one epic game announcement
We won't see either.

Smash Bros has only just been started and Gamefreak have said that they will never do a proper Pokemon for a home console.

Theres always the Coliseum's and Stadium's though, i loved those just as much as the handheld Pokemon games. That or finally a Pokemon Snap 2

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

Xbox 360 with ABXY and right stick switched (bow before my super photoshop skillz)
bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said
3rd party controllers did that back on PSX. What is your point?
His point is probably that Nintendo should focus on originality rather than ergonomics. They should've put buttons in the shittest of places making it hard for us to press them.

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consider me intrigued from what I've read, but one thing...

The Wii U Pro Controller. Why? Why? It's perfect except for that right analog stick placement. So close, Ninendo, so close.

I'm sure they had to change it to avoid any trouble from Microsoft, but still. Hopefully a third party controller will switch it back around.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

Xbox 360 with ABXY and right stick switched (bow before my super photoshop skillz)
bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said
€dit: Don't get me wrong, I like it. It just isn't really new.
Yeah you're right. Let's do a completely new controller that feels completely 'out of this world' that pretty much casual gamer will like and that will turn off core gamers. -_-
For GOD SAKE, DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT. Nintendo has done a great job so far with it. In fact I can see playing SSB with it instead of the Gamepad.
Your post is proof that most gamers doesn't even know what they want.

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
nuff said
They copy the best gamepad that most of the hardcoregamers like and use. Even PS3-User buy adapter so that can use the xbox360-pad with their PS3! The Wii U Pro Controller is a very good move - especially because of all multi-platform titles. Then again there is this new Wii U Controller. So you can hardly complain that Nintendo is not innovative.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
His point is probably that Nintendo should focus on originality rather than ergonomics. They should've put buttons in the shittest of places making it hard for us to press them.
They should've put all the buttons on the back of the controller thus allowing use of 4 digits at all times instead of just 2 thumbs.
Hrm...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nuff said
They copy the best gamepad that most of the hardcoregamers like and use. Even PS3-User buy adapter so that can use the xbox360-pad with their PS3! The Wii U Pro Controller is a very good move - especially because of all multi-platform titles. Then again there is this new Wii U Controller. So you can hardly complain that Nintendo is not innovative.
Core gamers, not hardcore gamers.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said
True, I used to have a pretty big one like that, they were much cheaper than the official ones and did the same thing, although they were nicer to hold since they were bigger. =3

Also, I love the 360 controller, it's by far the most confortable one, so, if Wii takes out the main design, what's wrong with that? It's actually a good thing.

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The Wii U Pro Controller. Why? Why? It's perfect except for that right analog stick placement. So close, Ninendo, so close.

I'm sure they had to change it to avoid any trouble from Microsoft, but still. Hopefully a third party controller will switch it back around.
It probably seems silly since we're used to the current standard, but it's not that weird really.
You can't use the right stick and buttons at the same time anyway so the placement doesn't really change how you'd use the controller.
And we should be used to both thumb positions anyway.
Guess we'll see.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

It probably seems silly since we're used to the current standard, but it's not that weird really.
You can't use the right stick and buttons at the same time anyway so the placement doesn't really change how you'd use the controller.
Guess we'll see.
I believe that will be the standard for Nintendo Dual Analog controllers now, if the 3ds does get a revision that includes the second circle pad, I do believe it will be in the same position as in the controller (not to mention that the CPP is already in the same height as the other one.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Guess we'll see.

Well, it's just that most gamepads since the PS1 have used the "buttons to the far right of the controller" layout. To change it around like this is really going to screw around with muscle memory.

Can it be overcome? Eventually, I'm sure, but this needless fixing what isn't broken is still annoying.

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heh, some of you misunderstood me (I don't blame you tho). It's not bad just a bit "strange" imo - I don't like it any less. In fact I'm also looking forward to what the Wii U will bring (especially about the games)

Zarcon

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it's just that most gamepads since the PS1 have used the "buttons to the far right of the controller" layout. To change it around like this is really going to screw around with muscle memory.

Can it be overcome? Eventually, I'm sure, but this needless fixing what isn't broken is still annoying.
We got over the left analog placement between the Sony/Microsoft controllers pretty quickly, I'm sure we'll be fine.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We got over the left analog placement between the Sony/Microsoft controllers pretty quickly, I'm sure we'll be fine.

To be fair, though, the D-Pad generally isn't the primary method of controlling the games we're playing. The buttons on the right side, however, are, so we're looking at a greater change here.

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said

Well it's different here. Nintendo is not a third party controller manufacturer for the Xbox 360. The ressemblance with the 360 pad is striking and way too obvious

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said

Well it's different here. Nintendo is not a third party controller manufacturer for the Xbox 360. The ressemblance with the 360 pad is striking and way too obvious
Ok then. Again, what'S your point?

orcid

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said

And the original xbox controller was a (bad) copy of the Gamecube- and Dreamcast- controllers.
That is the circle of life controllers.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox 360
3960477.jpg

bfYhc.jpg

Wii U GamePad
pro.png
nuff said

And the original xbox controller was a (bad) copy of the Gamecube- and Dreamcast- controllers.
That is the circle of life controllers.
Where's your source that it was a copy?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines +1