Nintendo blocks flashcards with DSi firmware 1.4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
why does many members are angry about when Nintendo tries to prevent piracy??? your just proving that you are so prone to pirating stuffs... for me i don't care if they block it or not as long as they produce more games and dont stop producing just because of piracy

pikachu945

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
o2oxygen said:
why does many members are angry about when Nintendo tries to prevent piracy??? your just proving that you are so prone to pirating stuffs... for me i don't care if they block it or not as long as they produce more games and dont stop producing just because of piracy

I just want to get back to making some homebrew!

o2oxygen

Trophies
XP
Country
pikachu945 said:
o2oxygen said:

I just want to get back to making some homebrew!

remember that one of the main reason why gaming company stops producing games is because of piracy...

nah some guys are just using "Homebrew" as their reason for flashcarts

Woshmistro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was checking my Wii as it also got an update too today and I thought "Hm, I wonder if my DSi has an update too..."
At the end of the update I realised that the M3i Zero might not work any more, and it doesn't.
Good that these types of cards can have their firmware updated to get around this.
Very frustrating that nothing else noticeable has been added to the DSi.

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't understand why people seem so happy about having DS Lite. DSi has the same features, minus the GBA slot (I personally use a GBA SP for GBA games), plus cameras, games from DSiWare, some free applications like Flipnote Studio and Opera, etc. This new firmware does not download automatically, so as long you are not an idiot, and you do remember the events of 1.4e, your flashcards are completely safe. No reason to turn off Wi-Fi, as some stated, because it can't just install without your permission on its own.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buffer_overflow said:
I can't understand why people seem so happy about having DS Lite. DSi has the same features, minus the GBA slot (I personally use a GBA SP for GBA games), plus cameras, games from DSiWare, some free applications like Flipnote Studio and Opera, etc. This new firmware does not download automatically, so as long you are not an idiot, and you do remember the events of 1.4e, your flashcards are completely safe. No reason to turn off Wi-Fi, as some stated, because it can't just install without your permission on its own.
Reasons:
1.We have DSLites,and can't be bothered to buy a DSi
2.Camera is meh,something to lure silly people,same with the music player
3.There aren't many good DSiWare IIRC,just a couple of them that are even free,and remember,going into the channel shop will ask for you to update,or no DSiWare to buy/download
4.No GBA,for some who don't have GBA's or have the EZFlash,its a waste of money,if you have a DSTWO,you can get better homebrew that DSiware(probably)

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
buffer_overflow said:
Reasons:
3.There aren't many good DSiWare IIRC,just a couple of them that are even free,and remember,going into the channel shop will ask for you to update,or no DSiWare to buy/download
4.No GBA,for some who don't have GBA's or have the EZFlash,its a waste of money,if you have a DSTWO,you can get better homebrew that DSiware(probably)

My point is that DS Lite isn't better than DSi, that's a fact. I'm happy for you that you enjoy your DS Lite, but there's no reason to feel superior, like some people do. Besides, if you think that camera and music player is something to lure silly people, well, just (probably) look at your cellphone.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
I only have one wish for Team Acekard / Team AKAIO

Please use a solution like the iPlayer did that we can update the AK2i without another DS.

Please.

Even if it takes more time.

Please...
wub.gif

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
buffer_overflow said:
lolzed said:
buffer_overflow said:
Reasons:

My point is that DS Lite isn't better than DSi, that's a fact. I'm happy for you that you enjoy your DS Lite, but there's no reason to feel superior, like some people do. Besides, if you think that camera and music player is something to lure silly people, well, just (probably) look at your cellphone.
You got a point,but most cellphones now-a-days have decent camera's,plays mp3's,and can text...

meh enough about this
tongue.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't have to keep the WiFi off; they can't update the system without permission, so unless you're particularly stupid you'll be ok. I've had my DSi browser up a lot because my computer is being repaired (I'm virtually confined to the shoutbox) and it still works (although I haven't turned it off since last night), but I'd say there's no reason it wouldn't keep working; I'm using the Internet Channel on a 4.2 Wii right now after all.
Thank goodness I spent my spare points a few weeks ago.
tongue.gif
I don't have a DSi cart but in case I get one I'll be staying on 1.4 for now.

...And it took so long to type with a Wiimote that some of my points have just been mentioned.

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious about one thing - if fixed flashcarts now "pretend" to be actual games, how does this new firmware affect their functionality? Or is there another way to check if a cart is an original one than just checking its signature?

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Heh, I'm curious about how the Teams will fix that.
smile.gif
(Tho I don't own a DSi, I know that it sucks for you guys)

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
SignZ said:
smile.gif

I'm not curious about how every "R4 Team" will fix it:

"Please Buy another one we are sorry"
laugh.gif

dan_was_here9901

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dan_was_here9901 said:
SignZ said:
smile.gif

I'm not curious about how every "R4 Team" will fix it:

"Please Buy another one we are sorry"
laugh.gif

Hahaha.

and does anyone know the SCDS2 Super Nintendo Emu Release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?