Not open for further replies.

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Perhaps Nintendo are even so clever as to put an 'auto-firmware-update' function in the game whenever you connect to WiFi. Then again, you could just not connect to WiFi, but that'd be a bit stupid.

Nintendo, clever? An auto-update is impossible, you can't install new firmware without user's permission. Especially, it wouldn't be possible from a game, which is supposed to run on DSLite and Classic.

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendo and clever should never be put in the same sentence...
anyway this is good news for me since i have Acekard2i and i dont wanna do the same as last time (go home to a friend JUST to use his DSlite to patch the Acekard with the camo patch, the one that makes the card look like a Denny phantom card) so now i never need to update... however i wonder how the other cards survived.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Lol flashcarts blocked? Big deal! I only use my DSi for DSi Ware games, flashcarts are for my Lite and Phat. So this won't hurt me one bit.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The games are DSi Enhanced, therefore they have added content.

It is possible.

EDIT: Oh, BTW, this isn't a new firmware by any means, it's just a small update (like that update of a little while ago, which added some extra functionality for certain DSiWare or something like that).

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
DarthTheufel said:
It would be possible.

Pokémon could check the DSi firmware while starting. It would still work on DS Phat / Lite, though.

The retail version of pokemon could do that, but Nintendo would only do it if it had a way of then updating to 1.4.1 from the cartridge, so as not to exclude DSi users with no wi-fi.

If you're running Pokemon from a flashcart though, once you've booted to your flashcard menu you're in DS mode anyway, with no access to DSi features. The Pokemon game would be running as if it was in a normal DS, and it wouldn't know to check the DSi firmware, even if it could access it.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
buffer_overflow said:
Why, to encourage people to buy older consoles? Why haven't we seen this in case of Pokemon HG/SS?
Well with a DS Lite, I won't have to worry about encountering this problem since I own both the Acekard 2i and Supercard Two.

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
buffer_overflow said:
Why, to encourage people to buy older consoles? Why haven't we seen this in case of Pokemon HG/SS?
Well with a DS Lite, I won't have to worry about encountering this problem since I own both the Acekard 2i and Supercard Two.
Games on a DSi flashcard act like they are inserted into Lite, so neither will I.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
buffer_overflow said:
People aren't more 'encouraged' to buy a console if it is hackable.

And even if so, that amount of people is still a minority, and nearly everyone already has a pre-DSi model of the DS, so yeah, I don't think that's what Nintendo would be having in mind.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
buffer_overflow said:
buffer_overflow said:
Games on a DSi flashcard act like they are inserted into Lite, so neither will I.
But looking at this current update, flashcards have been blocked, so if you are using a flashcard you will encounter this problem as well you will need a DS Lite to fix this problem. So it is indeed wiser to get a DS Lite (again) than DSi at the moment.

buffer_overflow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
No. You just update the flashcart, THEN update the DSi.

DSi > DSL by far.
If you update your DSi by accident, you are SOL without a DS Lite
But you can't, it asks you before you update. Unless you've got IQ equal to this of a houseplant.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
buffer_overflow said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
No. You just update the flashcart, THEN update the DSi.

DSi > DSL by far.
If you update your DSi by accident, you are SOL without a DS Lite
But you can't, it asks you before you update. Unless you've got IQ equal to this of a houseplant.
http://gbatemp.net/t252834-acekard-not-working-now-help
This is going to happen quite often. People are going to update without once thinking about it and this is going to happen.
It happens with the Wii and it will happen with this.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, I think that's what he was trying to say with 'IQ equal to this of a houseplant'.

And I fully agree with him. People these days are damn stupid.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
dam now i am going to miss the dsi shop channel music
frown.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Overlord Nadrian said:
Well, I think that's what he was trying to say with 'IQ equal to this of a houseplant'.

And I fully agree with him. People these days are damn stupid.
Noobs these days, always rude to people.
Anyways, I do expect this site to be flooded soon with people who updated without even thinking about what a Nintendo update always leads to, which is pretty much not fixing or adding anything, just blocking out something they don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1