Nintendo begins banning pirates from 3DS online service

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I've read up on changing .3DS files to .CIA files and what people have said about dumping the games they own in order to get their OWN private header to use in all of their games so that they don't get banned and can keep using games online (or just in general).

What I'm not finding in at least 5 threads here that I've read completely (and I'm probably a total idiot and missed it) is how you dump an already owned game to retrieve the private header. I saw that ROM Patcher does exactly that, so I suppose I didn't miss the obvious (and maybe ONLY) way. So once I have a dumped game, it seems rather simple. How do I dump a game I already own... I guess that's my question. If there's a tutorial on another thread, please direct me to it?

My SKY3DS showed up today and I really don't feel like getting banned.

Tony8690

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks much. And to Adeka too. Yeah, I hope that switching to a private header is straightforward. It took me weeks to setup HomePass trying every method imaginable, but I consider myself pretty competent. And as I had asked more specifically, do I have to TURN OFF my Internet altogether always or could I, say, use StreetPass or use it in Pokemon Rumble World, but stay away from the Internet just when playing the ROMS or even just IN the ROMs? You've helped greatly. Sorry to keep annoyingly having questions...

Unfortunately i don't know the answer to your question and to be honest i don't think anyone here can answer it either? (please correct me if i'm wrong)

The reason why we cant answer it is simply because we don't know what Nintendo checks or how they check it? it could be perfectly safe to play your purchased cart's and eshop downloads online and only play your ROMS offline (with internet turned off) but as your activity log actually logs what games you have played, it might then send that data off to Nintendo when your back online again...i'm not sure what we can do to test this (or even if we can!).

if you want a 100% risk free time when playing your ROMS then the only way to do this is buy a 2nd 3ds and use your old one for ROMS only (offline) and your new one for legitimate purchases.

i understand that its not the answer you want but unfortunately until we find out more on how Nintendo are finding out how they can detect how we play and what games we play then thats the only sure way to avoid being banned when paying with 3ds Roms

OK, I've read up on changing .3DS files to .CIA files and what people have said about dumping the games they own in order to get their OWN private header to use in all of their games so that they don't get banned and can keep using games online (or just in general).

What I'm not finding in at least 5 threads here that I've read completely (and I'm probably a total idiot and missed it) is how you dump an already owned game to retrieve the private header. I saw that ROM Patcher does exactly that, so I suppose I didn't miss the obvious (and maybe ONLY) way. So once I have a dumped game, it seems rather simple. How do I dump a game I already own... I guess that's my question. If there's a tutorial on another thread, please direct me to it?

My SKY3DS showed up today and I really don't feel like getting banned.

what version is your 3DS? and is it a 3ds or a N3ds?

Thanks,
T

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately i don't know the answer to your question and to be honest i don't think anyone here can answer it either? (please correct me if i'm wrong)

The reason why we cant answer it is simply because we don't know what Nintendo checks or how they check it? it could be perfectly safe to play your purchased cart's and eshop downloads online and only play your ROMS offline (with internet turned off) but as your activity log actually logs what games you have played, it might then send that data off to Nintendo when your back online again...i'm not sure what we can do to test this (or even if we can!).

if you want a 100% risk free time when playing your ROMS then the only way to do this is buy a 2nd 3ds and use your old one for ROMS only (offline) and your new one for legitimate purchases.

i understand that its not the answer you want but unfortunately until we find out more on how Nintendo are finding out how they can detect how we play and what games we play then thats the only sure way to avoid being banned when paying with 3ds Roms

what version is your 3DS? and is it a 3ds or a N3ds?

Thanks,
T

My 3DS is v9.7.0-25U and it's an original.

I think the most important thing, regardless of online or not, is to set my headers to private. The only thing I can't figure out how to do is how to take a cartridge I already own and "dump" it so that I can pull a private header from it and apply it to all of my games. Can't seem to find an answer anywhere. How to dump a game I own.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
if you are not fan of SMB, Pokemon,Fantasy life or Monster Hunter, it is ok for play offline, but with these games,online is the main part to enjoy :)

I enjoy Pokemon offline to the extreme. The online play is boring and gimmicky.

Reactions: Margen67

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now this thread about how I can dump a legit cartridge so that I can obtain a private header and don't get banned by Nintendo has turned into a Pokemon battle discussion.

Reactions: Margen67

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone dump a private header from a cart for me they arent using online? i dont have gateway, i have sky3ds, please pm me if you can

Reactions: hamstrman

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone dump a private header from a cart for me they arent using online? i dont have gateway, i have sky3ds, please pm me if you can

THIS! THIS IS WHAT I NEED! I have SKY3DS too. I'm guessing by squeeb's post that you CAN'T dump a private header without Gateway?

*begging*:cry:

Reactions: squeeb

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just started reading on this today, ill dump a cart if i can find a way, seems like i need AR super saves, or gateway, unless anyone knows a way without anything but a 3ds and a cartridge

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
i just started reading on this today, ill dump a cart if i can find a way, seems like i need AR super saves, or gateway, unless anyone knows a way without anything but a 3ds and a cartridge
I believe you NEED a 9.2 or below 3DS with a Gateway card to rip a header.

Reactions: squeeb

squeeb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you NEED a 9.2 or below 3DS with a Gateway card to rip a header.

yeah, thats what i have been reading, im trying to see if someone will rip me a "private"header from a game they dont use, so i can use that, i have the latest firmware and a sky3ds

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
yeah, thats what i have been reading, im trying to see if someone will rip me a "private"header from a game they dont use, so i can use that, i have the latest firmware and a sky3ds

Send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to help you. I've done this twice before and am doing it a third time right now with another user.

If I play online with a cia, would I get banned?
Not as far as we know. On the other thread, of everyone that was banned NONE of them used cia files exclusively. They all used public headers. So both private headers and .cia files are safe for now.

Reactions: hamstrman

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as far as we know. On the other thread, of everyone that was banned NONE of them used cia files exclusively. They all used public headers. So both private headers and .cia files are safe for now.

Edit: Would I get banned if I used a legit cia in sysNAND?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SDA @ SDA: @Xdqwerty it's gone. Dead.