SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
impressive list of upcoming games!! =)

but are Fantasy Life and Youkai Watch 100 % sure to come to west? I have only read rumours about FL. But i couldnt be happier if they would come =)

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
(Action Adventure)
LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (also on eshop)
Publisher: Nintendo

A really massive game packed with loads of fun, hilarious gameplay and cut scenes, and loads of stuff to collect with a few technical issues. You hate LEGO games, you will definitely not hate this one. And this game is only $29.99. Best LEGO game 2nd to the WiiU version. Be sure to get this.

zAQUL7A.jpg
RQtHJkR.jpg

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Classic Game Room said the exact same thing in their review. What about the DS version is better? I'm asking because I haven't played it, and hence have no idea.

Personally I was really apathetic towards Axis. I remember being hooked on Tetris DS. It wasn't really helped that I found a lot of the new modes in Axis were pretty meh.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know who said digital version of retail games should be less than $20, but THEY SHOULD cost less than the physical copy.

Physical copies of games cost money to make. The actual came cart itself for one, is basically a fucking memory card. Then theres the price of the printing and making of the game cases, as well of the costs to shipping them to different stores.

Wheras a digital copy of a game can be copied by it's produced as many time as it wants and can distribute it while saving all the costs that go into making a physical copy. So why the hell should digital games sell as much as retail?
Also with the digital copy... you can only trade it through 3DS transfer a maximum of 5 times, and if you don't have a club nintendo account when you buy digital, you'll NEVER get your club nintendo points.
While the physical copy can be played on any US system, so it can be resold or lent out, and you can choose when you use your club nintendo code, or sell it on ebay for $4-$7 or more based on how in demand that code is. I seen a fucking code go for $16 and !18 on ebay for the sake of nintendo's current promotion... thats nearly half the cost of the game itself.

So theres no reason what so ever that makes it right for Nintendo to sell a digital copy of it's game on the eshop for $39.99 plus tax, when the physical copy costs the same, and has so many more benefits.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
(Action Adventure)

A really massive game packed with loads of fun, hilarious gameplay and cut scenes, and loads of stuff to collect with a few technical issues. You hate LEGO games, you will definitely not hate this one. And this game is only $29.99. Best LEGO game 2nd to the WiiU version. Be sure to get this.

zAQUL7A.jpg
RQtHJkR.jpg
Only $29.99??? I seriously might have to grab this, soon. It'll tide me over until I grab a Wii U to play original. :)
I don't know who said digital version of retail games should be less than $20, but THEY SHOULD cost less than the physical copy.

Physical copies of games cost money to make. The actual came cart itself for one, is basically a fucking memory card. Then theres the price of the printing and making of the game cases, as well of the costs to shipping them to different stores.

Wheras a digital copy of a game can be copied by it's produced as many time as it wants and can distribute it while saving all the costs that go into making a physical copy. So why the hell should digital games sell as much as retail?
Also with the digital copy... you can only trade it through 3DS transfer a maximum of 5 times, and if you don't have a club nintendo account when you buy digital, you'll NEVER get your club nintendo points.
While the physical copy can be played on any US system, so it can be resold or lent out, and you can choose when you use your club nintendo code, or sell it on ebay for $4-$7 or more based on how in demand that code is. I seen a fucking code go for $16 and !18 on ebay for the sake of nintendo's current promotion... thats nearly half the cost of the game itself.

So theres no reason what so ever that makes it right for Nintendo to sell a digital copy of it's game on the eshop for $39.99 plus tax, when the physical copy costs the same, and has so many more benefits.
I agree... $5 to $10 less than the current "new" price of the physical game sounds about right to me.

That said, it doesn't matter to me because I would be buying physical anyway, for all dem benefits. But if Nintendo wants to convince people to go all-digital, I don't think they're doing a good job of it.

EDIT: Perhaps I spoke too soon.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
Only $29.99??? I seriously might have to grab this, soon. It'll tide me over until I grab a Wii U to play original. :)

I suggest you get the 3DS version first. Playing the WiiU version first might make the 3DS one a little boring cause it's the same world.
Trust me, get the 3DS version first, you can play in order, story wise.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you get the 3DS version first. Playing the WiiU version first might make the 3DS one a little boring cause it's the same world.
Trust me, get the 3DS version first, you can play in order, story wise.

I totally play the Lego games for the gripping story.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
(Action Adventure)

zAQUL7A.jpg
RQtHJkR.jpg
Jeighfeng, are you a PR guy for the folks who made this game or something? Because everything I've seen about the 3DS outing of Lego City makes it look decidedly average. There are tons of technical issues (cars, buildings, people popping in out of nowhere) and it's been getting mediocre reviews.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Jeighfeng, are you a PR guy for the folks who made this game or something? Because everything I've seen about the 3DS outing of Lego City makes it look decidedly average. There are tons of technical issues (cars, buildings, people popping in out of nowhere) and it's been getting mediocre reviews.
Well that's quite a shame.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka

I know there are issues like a fog, framerate and voice acting.
But when I played the game, it really didn't bother me.
Just give it a try, and you'll see what I'm talking about,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah remember that game "Spectrobes"? There were issues the size of mount saint hellens and I "didnt let them bother me" either. If you like something, your going to forgive the shortcomings and bugs. From an objective standpoint, Lego city is just a generica lego GTA.

Reactions: Jiehfeng
D

Deleted_171835

OP
Some 3DS news.

Puzzle and Dragons Z

meteo_and.0_cinema_960.0.jpg

Japanese game corporation Gungho Online Entertainment plans to bring upcoming social puzzle game Puzzle and Dragons Z to North America, Siliconera reports.

In an interview with Siliconera, Kazuki Morishita CEO of GungHo Online Entertainment confirmed that GungHo Online Entertainment America will publish the game in the U.S.

Puzzle and Dragons Z is an updated console version of the social puzzle/role-playing game hybrid called Puzzle and Dragons. The company announced last month that the upd

ated version will be released later this year for Nintendo 3DS in Japan.

Puzzle and Dragons is HUGE in Japan so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures

PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures will be coming to North, Latin America, Europe and Australasia for Xbox 360, the PlayStation 3, Wii U and Nintendo 3DS in Fall 2013. Namco Bandai say there are no plans to release these games in Japan as of now.

Regular Show: Mordecai And Rigby In 8-Bit Land

Regular Show: Mordecai and Rigby In 8-Bit Land brings the characters and humour from the Emmy Award-winning animated comedy to Nintendo 3DS this fall. Developed by WayForward, in close collaboration with show creator JG Quintel, Mordecai and Rigby prove that a day in the life of Regular Show is anything but.

regular_show.jpg

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!

WayForward to create Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON’T KNOW!. The all-new action game will be available for the first time ever on the Wii U™ system from Nintendo, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC, as well as a return to the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system this fall.

Ben 10 Omniverse 2 will be available this fall for the Wii U system, the Wii™ system, the Nintendo 3DS hand-held system, Xbox 360, and the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Developed by High Voltage Software for consoles, and by 1st Playable Productions for the handheld version.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So wait, what is this new Pac-Man game? Is this like a 2D successor to the Pac-Man World series, or something? I loved the first game on the PS1, even though I've never actually finished it. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back