GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
INb4EuropeGETSITSEVERALYEARSAFTEREVERYONEELSE

Christ, Devil Survivor Overclocked just got its release date confirmed just yesterday for fuck's sake.

EDIT: This is also a potential factor which could affect sales of the E DS version. Why buy the DS version when there's a chance of an improved version being released later on? And if sales are low than publishers might question if there's any benefit in publishing Devil Survivor 2.

I think someone may have dropped the ball on this one.

EDIT2: Atlus are milking their IPs to a extortionate degree now.
I know it's probably more expensive, but can't you just import the DS version? DS games are region free, iirc.
There has been several news reports that they have some major new titles cooking in the stove for a later reveal. Miyamoto is working on a new IP and not too long ago it was known that they have at least one more franchise to reveal at a later date, speculations say it might be what retro is working on, cba to google it now but it was fairly big a few months ago.
I remember that. Let's hope we hear something solid about it soon.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
INb4EuropeGETSITSEVERALYEARSAFTEREVERYONEELSE

Christ, Devil Survivor Overclocked just got its release date confirmed just yesterday for fuck's sake.

EDIT: This is also a potential factor which could affect sales of the E DS version. Why buy the DS version when there's a chance of an improved version being released later on? And if sales are low than publishers might question if there's any benefit in publishing Devil Survivor 2.

I think someone may have dropped the ball on this one.

EDIT2: Atlus are milking their IPs to a extortionate degree now.

It must suck to live in Europe.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know it's probably more expensive, but can't you just import the DS version? DS games are region free, iirc.

The DS version is getting released here sometime. The problem is how another re-release complicates things. If the DS version sells poorly because everyone is anticipating the 3DS re-release than that disincentives a publisher from releasing the 3DS re-release. I'm certainly not buying the game twice. Particularly as Atlus have pissed me with the decisions they've made in the last year such as region locking of Persona Arena.

Niche Japanese games getting released are a a bitch at the best of times for the most part. Which is just infuriating. Devil Survivor Overclocked got announced for a E release about a year ago its taken around twelve months for a release date to be announced. In fairness to Ghostlight when someone asks about Overclocked, they at least answer the question. In fact, when they published Persona 2: Innocent sin and Legend of Heroes:TitS on PSP, they did a good job. P2 was only about three months after its US release and TitS was around six months. So I'm presuming that might have been some issues with publishing a 3DS game as I'm pretty sure its the first 3DS game they're publishing.

On the other hand they are less than great publishers. Rising Star Games did half good and half bad job on VLR. In fairness, the fact we got VLR was a miracle in itself and the fact it came a month after the US release was impressive. The issues I had the lack of an english dub which the E version got a feature less than its US counterpart, the lack of knowing when the release date was and RSG didn't seem to know whether their code of the game had any bugs. It had bugs.

Persona 4 Arena has been a fucking joke. Zen United have been terrible. Their initial plans was to release as near as the US/J releases but over six months later there's no fucking word on a release. Zen United have said jackshit bar going on about how the PS3 version being released. Atlus were dicks in region locking it in the first place and they clearly don't give a shit about the European market. However the region locking has aided Zen United's total incompleteness. Zen have said we'll get something "nice," for the delay. They better give me an attractive brunette with big tits. Overall the fact Zen have been so silent doesn't help them (refer to Ghostlight) whilst Atlus have invited a lot of bad blood towards themselves. As developers, Atlus are on of my favourites. As a company, Atlus are fucking appalling.

It must suck to live in Europe.

A lot of it has to do with Nintendo still treat Europe as an afterthought. Other companies are certainly guilty of the same accusation (HI ATLUS!!) but for a company of Nintendo's size, to not have gotten their house in order yet is astonishing. Particularly regarding game releases, Fire Emblem isn't going to be released in Europe for another month. Ninty area big company, they should be able to coordinate releases in both NA and E at around the same time. They can do it for other games, why not on a consistent basis? I'm know they're planning to sort themselves out but why has it taken them so fucking long? It really isn't acceptable.

tl;dr: I am seething.

Reactions: TripleSMoon and LTK

doctor_roxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in case it hasn't been mentioned. Etrian Odyssey IV is one of the best first person dungeon crawlers i've ever played. it's so damn fun! favorite 3ds game by far. if you're not sure about it, there is a demo on the eshop and the progress follows over to the full game too.

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shitty deal. I've seen it average $10, ocassionally going lower then $5. Still good to see we're getting discounted prices though.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Bad news for Etrian Odyssey fans, EOIV bombed horribly in NA. <15k.

Fire Emblem sold well though (180k) so expect future Fire Emblems to come over here.

Little Battlers eXperience Wars , slated for the 3DS but with no current release date.

They also announced they're bringing the PSP/Vita game Little Battlers eXperience W to the 3DS this summer as Little Battlers eXperience W Chou Custom.

Sayonara Umihara Kawase announced for 3DS

http://tinycartridge.com/post/44659324427/sayonara-umihara-kawase-swings-to-3ds-the-latest

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Bad news for Etrian Odyssey fans, EOIV bombed horribly in NA. <15k.

Fire Emblem sold well though (180k) so expect future Fire Emblems to come over here.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/44659324427/sayonara-umihara-kawase-swings-to-3ds-the-latest
Can't say I'm surprised... I saw no marketing whatsoever except that it appeared on the eShop. I had no idea it was even a retail release until yesterday. Never even heard of the series before...

Is it really good? I'm considering checking it out, once I finish the small handful of other JRPGs I'm working on (really digging Radiant Historia and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals right now).

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want youkai watch, mario and luigi 4, brave default, and ace attorney 5. I did not know there was a persona game coming for the 3ds. Another game I want but extremely doubt it will come to the west is the DBZ game

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Etrian Odyssey is a fantastic game
for those that like old-school RPGs. If you like SMT:Strange Journey, you'll probably love EO:IV. There's not a hero with a huge sword and spikey hair to save the world from an angsty bishounen or anything like that, just exploration and grinding (or not, they added a casual mode).

It's a niche title, it has its devoted fans. I'm sure more will come.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What xwatchmanx said, and did the one on the DS (III if there were more) even do that well? I wouldn't
t have known about the game at all if it wasn't for a thread here, I don't check e-shops or news often enough. I was quite excited for it, but only scratched it so far, still playing fire emblem, but once I"m done there I'll fire EOIV up.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
eShop exclusive, SteamWorld Dig announced.

shot_tumbleton_small.jpg
shot_oldworld_small.jpg

Don’t worry, they’re the good guys…
In upcoming Nintendo 3DS mining game SteamWorld Dig, steam-powered robots are the ones to root for.

It’s the turn of the 19th century, and humankind has prematurely blown itself to bits.
The remaining scraps are huddling in caves beneath the surface, and steam-powered robots have taken over the Wild West. A horror scenario? No, rather the setting for SteamWorld Dig, the new 3DS eShop game from Swedish developer Image & Form. And don’t worry: the robots are the good guys. And you’re one of them.

You play the protagonist, Rusty – a lone-wolf, steam-powered cowbot who has come to an old mining town in great need. While digging your way through the old earth for riches and helping the townfolks get back on their feet, you unwittingly wake an ancient evil that lurks below…

SteamWorld Dig is a hardcore platform mining adventure that will be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop™ in mid 2013. You dig tunnels, collect rare minerals, sell them for better equipment while taking on the terrors of the underground.

For more, visit the SteamWorld Dig website:

http://www.steamworldgames.com/dig

Can't say I'm surprised... I saw no marketing whatsoever except that it appeared on the eShop. I had no idea it was even a retail release until yesterday. Never even heard of the series before...

Is it really good? I'm considering checking it out, once I finish the small handful of other JRPGs I'm working on (really digging Radiant Historia and Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals right now).
Well it's been getting good reviews but I haven't checked it out yet, not really a fan of the hardcore dungeon crawler RPG genre although this version is supposed to be more accessible to newcomers.

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nano Assault EX is out, and completely destroys the original cart game solely due to CPP support.

Felt like making some more descriptions

EscapeVektor: For those who have fucking obscene expectations for game length (ie; A dollar an hour) or ignorantly believe every eShop game is overpriced (because somehow a $40 game on cart should cost less then $20 on download), this is definitely the game for you. A lengthy campaign with online leaderboards, achievements and tons of bonus levels.
Dillon's Rolling Western: A highly unique tower defense/action hybrid with colorful graphics, but note the game is brutally difficult and repetitive (as is the nature of tower defense games)
Gunman Clive: For those who enjoy Mega Man, Contra or any 2D action platformers, this is an awesome investment for $2.
Ikachan (Still don't get how this is a recommendation, considering if you multiply the price and length both by 8 you get 6-8 hours for $40): Be warned the campaign is EXTREMELY short, even with price taken into account.
Picross E: Classic Picross with almost no extra modes. You can’t go wrong here! (Yeah... This is last for a very good reason, lol)

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Nano Assault EX is out, and completely destroys the original cart game solely due to CPP support.

Felt like making some more descriptions

EscapeVektor: For those who have fucking obscene expectations for game length (ie; A dollar an hour) or ignorantly believe every eShop game is overpriced (because somehow a $40 game on cart should cost less then $20 on download), this is definitely the game for you. A lengthy campaign with online leaderboards, achievements and tons of bonus levels.
Dillon's Rolling Western: A highly unique tower defense/action hybrid with colorful graphics, but note the game is brutally difficult and repetitive (as is the nature of tower defense games)
Gunman Clive: For those who enjoy Mega Man, Contra or any 2D action platformers, this is an awesome investment for $2.
Ikachan (Still don't get how this is a recommendation, considering if you multiply the price and length both by 8 you get 6-8 hours for $40): Be warned the campaign is EXTREMELY short, even with price taken into account.
Picross E: Classic Picross with almost no extra modes. You can’t go wrong here! (Yeah... This is last for a very good reason, lol)
What changes from the original are there in Nano Assault Ex, aside from the addition of CPP support?

rayword45

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working leaderboards (assuming you know about the glitch) and Survivor Mode, which is basically "Play with one life and see how many levels you can beat until you get a high score". There are supposed to be graphical updates, but those are very subtle. Trust me though, the other 3 are worth the upgrade.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Working leaderboards (assuming you know about the glitch) and Survivor Mode, which is basically "Play with one life and see how many levels you can beat until you get a high score". There are supposed to be graphical updates, but those are very subtle. Trust me though, the other 3 are worth the upgrade.
There's also a boss rush mode, which is pretty fun some of the bosses in this game are ridiculously hard though

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
no I don't know about the glitch... I haven't played that much of the original though I do have it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz