Hacking Region changed O3DS can't access eShop... but can access NNID services?

HailAndStormCats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,
My friend recently gave me their O3DS, US/CAN region. I region changed it to JPN, set up an NNID, even created the NNID using the system, and it doesn't let me access the eShop; I get 007-2001 from the eShop and 005-5958 when attempting game updates.
Strangest thing occurs within Nintendo Badge Arcade. Notably, the game actually gets to the catchers and I can play it normally, with the exception of buying plays, where I also get a 005-5958 error code.
What would be the best way to fix this? I have linked this NNID to my JPN-region My Nintendo account, would attempting to purchase an update or application through the online store fix it?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
My friend recently gave me their O3DS, US/CAN region. I region changed it to JPN, set up an NNID, even created the NNID using the system, and it doesn't let me access the eShop; I get 007-2001 from the eShop and 005-5958 when attempting game updates.
Strangest thing occurs within Nintendo Badge Arcade. Notably, the game actually gets to the catchers and I can play it normally, with the exception of buying plays, where I also get a 005-5958 error code.
What would be the best way to fix this? I have linked this NNID to my JPN-region My Nintendo account, would attempting to purchase an update or application through the online store fix it?

No eshop access for region changed unit

https://3ds.hacks.guide/region-changing.html

What you can do is

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I happen to also have an N3DS, would I be able to transfer O3DS->N3DS and have the process still work?

You need two N3DS

"2: Another New 3ds system (You need 2 NEW 3ds's for this, one new 3ds and one old 3ds will not work. And it needs to be the same region as the New 3ds you wish to region change, they both need to be from the same original region. Region changing both consoles to the same region will not work, they need to be both from the same region)"

HailAndStormCats

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need 2 NEW 3ds's for this, one new 3ds and one old 3ds will not work.
Pretty sure that was referencing how you can't do a system transfer from N3DS->O3DS, but I attempted with a O3DS->N3DS transfer and it worked.
A friend also tried using his two O3DS'es and that also fixed eShop for him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed