StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's probably just a frame counter.
at xx frame , load text xx
at yy frame / clear screen (or just, after yy frame from the xx frame, clear text)
and then we start again, that's pretty common, and I don't think that's an issue... if you've looked at the spanish one already made on youtube by jeffelin (iirc his name) I don't think that will be a problem.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's probably just a frame counter.
at xx frame , load text xx
at yy frame / clear screen (or just, after yy frame from the xx frame, clear text)
and then we start again, that's pretty common, and I don't think that's an issue... if you've looked at the spanish one already made on youtube by jeffelin (iirc his name) I don't think that will be a problem.
Yay, so I was kinda right. :D

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you look at the rom (/data/movie/), it's so so sooo easy edit the subtitles of the movies :). They are plain text, for instance, this is the first part of the first subtitle file:
/sync 12900
あっ ごめんなさい
/sync 14200
/clear

#/sync 14500
#はぁはぁはぁ…
/sync 19800
/clear

/sync 20500
おはよう! レイラおばさん

/sync 21800
ああオリバー おはよう
/sync 23100
/clear
IIRC, it's "sync milliseconds", the millisecond to display the next "text" or "/clean" command. If there is a '#' this is a comment and it won't appear in the game (like // or /* */ in C/C++)

So, we don't need to create a tool to extract or import then, just use a normal text editor (like Jefelin does).

But there are text in more files:
* /data/Event/Scenario/Scenario.dat -> Titles of the missions or similar, the plugin for Tinke can open them, atm only view .
* /data/Event/Quest/MainQuest.mq -> Text of the missions or similar (I haven't played the game ;) ), to investigate but it seems easy to extract / import
* /data/Event/Quest/SubQuest*.sq -> More text, the plugin can open some of them (I have to investigate more about them).
* /data/map/script/*.bin -> Scripts, they contains almost all the text from the game (dialog, names of chars, name of the map...). I'm creating a script editor.
* /data/Event/System/System.dat -> I don't know what type of text is, the plugin can open them, atm only view.

About the fonts:
* font10, font12 and font8 contain ASCII char, only we need to edit them for Spanish and similar games
* font_b11, font_b16, font_b32, font_b9 and ruby don't have ASCII char, I don't know where they are used but we should edit them to add ASCII and latin chars.

The game read ASCII chars, at least the scripts and subtitles, so btw we don't need to modify the ARM9.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you look at the rom (/data/movie/), it's so so sooo easy edit the subtitles of the movies :). They are plain text, for instance, this is the first part of the first subtitle file:
/sync 12900 あっ ごめんなさい /sync 14200 /clear #/sync 14500 #はぁはぁはぁ… /sync 19800 /clear /sync 20500 おはよう! レイラおばさん /sync 21800 ああオリバー おはよう /sync 23100 /clear
IIRC, it's "sync milliseconds", the millisecond to display the next "text" or "/clean" command. If there is a '#' this is a comment and it won't appear in the game (like // or /* */ in C/C++) So, we don't need to create a tool to extract or import then, just use a normal text editor (like Jefelin does)

nice, but jefelin isn't doing anything until the ps3 version is coming out.
or did i get that wrong?
does anyone know how much he translated of the videos (into spanish only, of course)?

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
He started again some days ago, he won't wait until ps3 version, but he is so busy until June. Anyway he is going to continue in his small free time :).

If I remember correctly, he has translated all the videos (or most of them) and a lot of menu images.

More info about the game:
* font_b9 doesn't need to be modified because I think that it's used to print only the small upper chars, for instance in this case:
"【十字:じゅうじ】ボタンを【使:つか】うか タッチペンを"
If 【c:x】, the 'x' char is printed above 'c'.
* /data/Event/Quest/MainQuest.mq -> Supported, only view atm.
* Scripts -> the script editor is near to the end. Here it's the text dump from the first script: Script1

EDIT:
If anyone translated the above xml file, please send me it. I want to see if it's working in the game.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's what we call : Furigana.
more like subtitle for children who doesn't necessary knows all the kanjis.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
* font_b9 doesn't need to be modified because I think that it's used to print only the small upper chars, for instance in this case:
"【十字:じゅうじ】ボタンを【使:つか】うか タッチペンを"
If 【c:x】, the 'x' char is printed above 'c'.

That's what we call : Furigana.
more like subtitle for children who doesn't necessary knows all the kanjis.
yeah, it's all over the book also
and that's good for us,
because i can type the furigana in romaji into the nihongoresources.com translator
or else i wouldn't translate anything

and as there is nothing like that in western languages we won't need it for the english script

AihanKaidan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow...programming type things even that simple go way above my head. I read through it wondering "why is it giving the pronunciations of the words next to them. That's a strange thing to do in dialogue." *facepalm* If you still want to play with that text translated into English, I could probably do it quick like bunnies.

Also, is it supposed to repeat entire chunks of text?

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
So far I am translating the script 1 and I don't have problems. Thanks for the dictionary mrgone, it's very good ;).

Other things, I am not translating "literally", unless that I am recreating the new sentence but that have some meaning that the original
japanese, it denomites "localization".

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I am translating the script 1 and I don't have problems. Thanks for the dictionary mrgone, it's very good ;).

Other things, I am not translating "literally", unless that I am recreating the new sentence but that have some meaning that the original

I'm confused... Are you translating them into Spanish or from Japanese to English?

Mrgone: Please do not use online translators. You're not exactly getting even near-correct translations that way.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm confused... Are you translating them into Spanish or from Japanese to English?

Mrgone: Please do not use online translators. You're not exactly getting even near-correct translations that way.

Japanese to Spanish. I am not using youtube videos. I am using my dicctionary that I bought in my city and that online dictionary, but I always my dicctionary that I bought ;), of course is in Spanish. Sorry my English, but the other messange I had written quickly, I am studying a japanese course for the evenings and I am studying in the University, foreing language it means, English.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
Online translator not... I never use online translator...
I am using this: dictionnary + online dicctionary + little jap knowledge + reference of game + course of japanese with a teacher or sensei.
Of course if you don't play the game, you don't know how or what is the history ;), so I am playing the game also.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using this: dictionnary + online dicctionary + little jap knowledge + reference of game + course of japanese with a teacher or sensei.
Of course if you don't play the game, you don't know how or what is the history ;), so I am playing the game also.

You'll need a lot more than that, actually.
Like knowledge of some Osaka-ben. They don't usually teach that in school or in dictionaries.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country

You'll need a lot more than that, actually.
Like knowledge of some Osaka-ben. They don't usually teach that in school or in dictionaries.

Do you mean about dialects in diferrent places in Japan?
So far, I am teaching the dialects. I should look it, because I think that in this game could be. (For example: a Tribe)

Phoenix, do you know japanese, right?

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean about dialects in diferrent places in Japan?
So far, I am teaching the dialects. I should look it, because I think that in this game could be. (For example: a Tribe)

Phoenix, do you know japanese, right?

Yes, dialects.
Do you mean that you're learning different dialects? Cause for Ninokuni you'll need to know some Osaka dialect.

I know Japanese, but I don't know enough Osaka-ben to fully translate this game which is pretty much a requirement.

Reactions: 1 person

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmm... I think that I am going to look about Osaka-Ben, or study or comment about a friend about the topic.

Now, I am reading this:
http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/osaka-ben.html

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mmm... I think that I am going to look about Osaka-Ben, or study or comment about a friend about the topic.

Now, I am reading this:
http://www.lyberty.com/encyc/articles/osaka-ben.html

You're going to need a lot more than that. And if I read correctly, some of the links that page has are translated by google translate.

Be sure to look at other sites. Or befriend a Japanese native(there are sites for that) in the Kansai area and ask them for help with the dialects.

xuliko

Trophies
XP
Country

Now, I am reading this:
http://www.lyberty.c.../osaka-ben.html

You're going to need a lot more than that. And if I read correctly, some of the links that page has are translated by google translate.

Be sure to look at other sites. Or befriend a Japanese native(there are sites for that) in the Kansai area and ask them for help with the dialects.

It could be a big idea and good idea ;). What we could it is to do a team as is commented before with google translate or use a excel and translate differents languages.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

as i am using it to translate single kanjis, i think i'm making pretty good progress.
also i'm most of the time transscribing the romaji also
so it can be corrected later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...