Country
United States
Goli said:
machomuu said:
Terminator02 said:
machomuu said:
Jolan said:
Maybe TWEWY2 from the KH team?
How would TWEWY2 work on one screen? The game was made specifically to use as many features and capabilities of the DS as possible. In short, it was made specifically to be a DS exclusive.

Also, I'd like to see the next installment of the Monster Hunter series, a Phantom Brave sequel or remake, and a Persona 4 remake.
touch screen/touch pad on back and the d-dap/action buttons

Edit: i'd like to see pokemon
The dual screen played an enormous part in the gameplay, and cramming 2 screens into one would look like crap.
It would probably work. I mean, the game used it for nothing more than an extended view of the fields.
Not only would it be uncomfortable to use the stylus/your thumb and the control pad at the same time, but because of how the game is controlled (especially with the "Slash" pins), you'd have a less room to use Neku's part of the screen, making gameplay cramped and frustrating.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
OP
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
Originality said:
Katamari.
With those control methods? YES.
Goli said:
However, what exactly do you mean by "TWEWY2 from the KH team?", Jolan?
Kingdom Hearts games have been developed by a variety of developers.
Kingdom Hearts I and II were developed by Square Enix's Tokyo team. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was developed by Jupiter, which were the developers of TWEWY. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and re: coded were developed by h.a.n.d. Finally, Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep were developed by Square Enix's Osaka team, which is currently developing Dream Drop Distance.
Lol, I thought there was only 1 team. But I meant the one that made BBS, since I enjoyed the command/style gameplay.
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 1 2011, 07:52 PM)
Not only would it be uncomfortable to use the stylus/your thumb and the control pad at the same time, but because of how the game is controlled (especially with the "Slash" pins), you'd have a less room to use Neku's part of the screen, making gameplay cramped and frustrating.
Except..you use the control pad and your styles at the same time in TWEWY 1 already? Just make it split screen vertically in the middle, left side is controlled via the arrow buttons, right side is touch-based. That way you can see both battles at once and it won't be difficult to play.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Originality said:
Katamari.
With those control methods? YES.
Goli said:
However, what exactly do you mean by "TWEWY2 from the KH team?", Jolan?
Kingdom Hearts games have been developed by a variety of developers.
Kingdom Hearts I and II were developed by Square Enix's Tokyo team. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories was developed by Jupiter, which were the developers of TWEWY. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days and re: coded were developed by h.a.n.d. Finally, Kingdom Hearts re: Chain of Memories and Birth by Sleep were developed by Square Enix's Osaka team, which is currently developing Dream Drop Distance.
Lol, I thought there was only 1 team. But I meant the one that made BBS, since I enjoyed the command/style gameplay.
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 1 2011, 07:52 PM)
Except..you use the control pad and your styles at the same time in TWEWY 1 already? Just make it split screen vertically in the middle, left side is controlled via the arrow buttons, right side is touch-based. That way you can see both battles at once and it won't be difficult to play.
See, I thought about that and it'd still be cramped because you'd still have less room to use your stylus/thumb. It would be worse however if it were split vertically as less enemies could appear on screen at a time for both Neku and his partner.

Oh, and a new RAD game, though it seems like it'd be very enjoyable on the Wii, Move, or Kinect as well.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
Splitting that screen vertically means there's plenty more space than there was in TWEWY 1. I don't see your point.
If you split it vertically you'd have 2 halves of one whole screen, while the DS gave you 2 full screens. And I may not be Einstein but I'm pretty sure half of an NGP screen isn't as large as one DS screen.

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
OP
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
You must be wrong, I just compared my PSP Slim and my DSLite, rotating the DS 90 degrees sideways shows that the DS screen (either) is a bit wider than the PSP screen is tall, but the DS screen is exactly as tall as half of the width of the PSP screen.

And the NPG will have a bigger screen than the PSP, so...I believe I am correct.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan said:
You must be wrong, I just compared my PSP Slim and my DSLite, rotating the DS 90 degrees sideways shows that the DS screen (either) is a bit wider than the PSP screen is tall, but the DS screen is exactly as tall as half of the width of the PSP screen.

And the NPG will have a bigger screen than the PSP, so...I believe I am correct.
Objection!

On further investigation, the current NGP has a 5 Inch OLED display while the original DS has two 3-inch LED screens, and I don't think we need a calculator to do the math.

This is fun
smile.gif

EDIT: Furthermore, the DS Lite has two 3.12 inch screens and the PSP 2000 has a 4.3 inch LCD.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Objection Overruled.

It doesn't matter about the size of the screens, since "TWEWY2" on NGP will likely be created very differently to TWEWY on DS. They'd find a more clever way to present it.

Now let that argument drop and think about better alternatives, like an NGP port of Angry Birds, or Katamari again. The world does not end with TWEWY.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
Objection Overruled.

It doesn't matter about the size of the screens, since "TWEWY2" on NGP will likely be created very differently to TWEWY on DS. They'd find a more clever way to present it.
I'd play that
yaypsp.gif

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
OP
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Objection!

On further investigation, the current NGP has a 5 Inch OLED display while the original DS has two 3-inch LED screens, and I don't think we need a calculator to do the math.

This is fun
smile.gif

EDIT: Furthermore, the DS Lite has two 3.12 inch screens and the PSP 2000 has a 4.3 inch LCD.
objectionen.png

DS screen : 62 mm Wide x 46 mm Tall
PSP Screen : 95 mm Wide x 54 mm Tall
PSP screen is 4.3 inches diagonally, NGP is 5 inches.

Grab a calculator or tell me the dimensions of the NGP screen, but I'm pretty certain it's bigger than 2 DS Screens.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
machomuu said:
Objection!

The NGP screen has a resolution of 960×544, I'm pretty sure it could fit two 256×192 screens, side by side or on top of each other.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would certainly like to see an original Resident Evil game developed exclusively for the NGP.
I would like to see a port of Resident Evil 5.
I would like to see a port of Batman: Arkham Asylum.
I would like to see a port of GTA IV, too.
I would also like to see Batman: Arkham City hit the NGP... though I'm guessing it won't be out in time.
Call me unimaginative but I missed out on all these games because I don't own a current-gen console.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...a Dragon Quest VIII port.
Jolan said:
machomuu said:
Objection!

This is fun
smile.gif

objectionen.png

DS screen : 62 mm Wide x 46 mm Tall
PSP Screen : 95 mm Wide x 54 mm Tall
PSP screen is 4.3 inches diagonally, NGP is 5 inches.

Grab a calculator or tell me the dimensions of the NGP screen, but I'm pretty certain it's bigger than 2 DS Screens.

Veho said:
QUOTE(machomuu @ Feb 1 2011, 07:44 PM)
Objection!

The NGP screen has a resolution of 960×544, I'm pretty sure it could fit two 256×192 screens, side by side or on top of each other.
All that having been said, The World Ends With You was made to be a DS exclusive, that and it would be it wouldn't be much easier controlling Neku, as there would be no physical border between the two characters sides of the screen, thus the stylus would often stray into the other screen (Trust me, the physical borders helps). If the NGP gets any title similar to TWEWY, then Jupiter should just make an independent game exclusive to the NGP as Originality said. kind of.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Veho said:
How high must the DPI (dots per inch) be for you to become unable to notice the difference? We're talking about physical screen size here, not resolution. Anyway, I've already said that there's no point in talking screen sizes for a theoretical TWEWY2 on NGP. The devs would find their own way to make use of the hardware NGP offers.

And machomuu also made a good point: a DS exclusive probably will not find its way to NGP, no matter how interesting it'd be to play with dual touch-pads.

EDIT: Also, stylus? I doubt there'll be a stylus for NGP - I've had to replace enough DS screens to know for sure that those things are dangerous, especially in the hands of under-14 year olds. Also it's capacitive touch, so it doesn't use pressure but the electromagnetic force generated around your fingers. Plastic (and gloves) won't work for it.

melvox

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arkham Asylum, Oblivion, Skyrim, Mass Effect. Oh! And a remake of Prince of Persia: Sands of Time also, the next Alucard Castlevania.

EDIT:Added something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: oh no