Are there any Wii games left to translate? What would you like to see!

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
Kekkaishi: Kokuboro no Kage (Barrier Master: Shadow of the Kokuboro)

based off an anime that aired on adult swim here in the west. I guess it didn't stick around for very long after that because I can't find much talk about the manga or anime after it stopped airing, at least not in English. All of the tie-in games (1 on wii, 2 on ds) were Japan exclusive and never got a localization of any kind.

jacksonf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since all japanese Mystery Dungeon games were translated (WiiWare), I'm craving the same treatment for the Japan-only update for Pokemon Ranch (Minna no Pokemon Bokujou: Platina Taiouban). And the cherry on top would be making it compatible with every 4th Gen game (D/P/Pt/HG/SS) no matter the cartridge region. A dream.

LokiCat33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really love to see the game And-Kensaku get translated soon. Basically it’s a trivia game Nintendo developed in partnership with Google about finding out how many searches or “hits” a search term got. It just seems so interesting and fun to play with friends, and neither me or my friends speak Japanese, so playing it is impossible for me lol

Brand Newman

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France

Lluffy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nevermind, it arrived by mail yesterday (found it for less than 20 bucks, so translated or not, I had to add it to my collection :)).

Turns out the game plays with the remote, but doesn't use the pointer (basically it's like using a gamepad, except vertically) : you use the cross to navigate in texts when you want to highlight some important elements, and press UP or DOWN for choices.

Therefore, I can confirm a translation for 428 is not needed anymore : I compared it with the Steam version (which outputs HD videos), and apart from a personal preference for Wiimote (or the fact that the videos might look a bit "amateurish" now that they're in HD), there's really no reason to turn to the Japanese Wii version.

They actually did a wonderful job by translating this one, since things like the opening credits are in English as well ! (something a hacker might have left untouched, as video editing requires other skills) : I can't recommend this version enough, even if I'd have liked an option to play with the mouse.

Have a nice day.
Well, one good reason to translate (or to be more precise to put the official translation on) 428 on wii outside of it being the original version is that it allows you to play it on mobile devices such as android phones or modded switch. And wii would be a better candidate than psp because resolution is higher.

Still i don't understand why they hadn't released it on switch...

seam1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Cross Generation of Heroes would be pretty neat. I know it may seem redundant because of the existence of Ultimate All Stars, but there's still a considerable amount of exclusive content in it not present in UAS (such as Hakushon Daimao, the minigames, animated endings, etc) that would still make it worth the effort. Plus, it is possible that the script for things such as the win quotes and endings may have been changed significantly between the two versions.

Speaking of Capcom, maybe Monster Hunter G as well? IIRC, the PS2 version already has a translation, but the Wii version changed quite a bit to make it play closer to the second-generation games as well as adding in things such as Poggies and gathering quests.
I couldnt agree more! These two games as well as Gundam would be awesome to have translated. Those would be my top 3 translation wants :)

Dinis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Both the Fullmetal Alchemist games on Wii are left to translate, which is weird since there was some translations to other languages of the PS2 games.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

wiiAdventurer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up Negima?! Neo Pactio Fight!! on a whim a few months ago as I was really curious about it. I still pick it up and play it on occasion. I read recently that it scored horribly in Famitsu but I don't agree with the score. The game is admittedly weak on content and somewhat basic but I feel like what is there is pretty fun. Thank you to whoever suggested it. Anyone who is interested, watch videos online, what you see is basically what you get!

From a translation side? I'd love to have it because the menus (specifically the power up choices) are not easy to distinguish without some trial and error. Additionally, there's also a story mode. Still, I certainly wouldn't consider it a priority as the main gameplay loop is (mostly) playable as is.

Last edited by wiiAdventurer,

Gamemaster1379

Trophies
Website
1379tech.110mb.com
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, what is the most difficult part of translating these types of games? Is it text extraction? Creating a font in the target translated language? Extraction of the text? Translation of the text ? Localization? Re-injection?

Always been curious about how these processes work. I know nothing about game translation/localization. I am fairly technical overall though and have been playing with lots of text based AI. I'd be keen to see if text based AI could do localization + translation if configured correctly. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting into all of this though.

clandestine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please keep this topic to games released on the Wii only (Wii retail, Wiiware). Feel free to open a topic on other boards for other consoles of interest.

Sorry. In my head I combine the Wii/GC because I play all my games off the same console abd loader, and the games have a similar look and feel because the similarities between the architecture. It's not like I'm coming out of left field with a Sega Saturn game. :-P

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, what is the most difficult part of translating these types of games? Is it text extraction? Creating a font in the target translated language? Extraction of the text? Translation of the text ? Localization? Re-injection?
Some combination of all of those, I expect. But probably not creating a font. There is an ample selection of fonts nowadays.

I am fairly technical overall though and have been playing with lots of text based AI. I'd be keen to see if text based AI could do localization + translation if configured correctly. I wouldn't know the first thing about getting into all of this though.
Retroarch already includes an auto-translate feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...