mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good IGN article about ways to do 3d without glasses:

http://gear.ign.com/articles/107/1079403p1.html

They're leaning towards Parallax it seems. Which, I would agree with since it makes the most sense, as you don't have to worry about viewing angle.

Considering there has been a flash cart or flash cart like device for every handheld ever made (heck, even the virtual boy has a flashcart, not that it's really "portable"), I don't think the 3DS will be any different. Within a year after release I'm sure there will be a fully working one that allows you to play everything. Maybe we'll even get a fully working SNES emulator
rolleyes.gif

mphil145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know I was actually contemplating getting a DSI XL more then likely not but still considering but now I'm definitely going wait out the year and get a Nintendo 3DS I can't wait for E3 to see what it and the games will look like.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mysticwaterfall said:

They're leaning towards Parallax it seems. Which, I would agree with since it makes the most sense, as you don't have to worry about viewing angle.

Considering there has been a flash cart or flash cart like device for every handheld ever made (heck, even the virtual boy has a flashcart, not that it's really "portable"), I don't think the 3DS will be any different. Within a year after release I'm sure there will be a fully working one that allows you to play everything. Maybe we'll even get a fully working SNES emulator
rolleyes.gif
They had flashcarts for everything. NES, SNES, N64, etc. They all had flashcarts.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgghjjkll said:
3D without glasses? impossible. Well, it is possible with another medium from light to reflect off....but...this is nintendo. They've never let me down
smile.gif

QUOTE(8BitWalugi @ Mar 23 2010, 12:54 AM) I think the 3D'll work like this:
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3

1: LCD
2: Funny coating the put on. My DSL has one. It's not a screen protector
3: 3D Layer. Made of the same crap the real3D glasses use.

3: 3D Layer. Consists of one side being red and the other being blue. Also, you have to hold it up to your face to get the effect to work, something that is usually said to not be done in the manuals, because even though you don't need 3D glasses, the screen will be like a pair.
smileipb2.png

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BoxShot said:
Then they will make a game with red on the red side and blue on the blue side. Or blue on the red side and red on the blue side to make it all purple.

"WHAT!? HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO PLAY THIS!?"
mellow.gif

Or a "True Red/Blue Mario/Sonic" game. *shivers*

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maz7006 said:
So im guessing ninty and the crew are eventually going to sell us out and force upgrade us to play all the future new games
mad.gif
So wait, a new handheld with better graphics and is no doubt going to be vastly superior to the DS and DSi that has an estimated release date between now and March 31st 2011 is bad now? Seriously, if you can't afford to upgrade to what will obviously be the next generation in technology and are one of those people who bitched about the DSi then maybe you either should stop buying handheld systems until revisions have been launched or get a job to pay for your gaming habit so you can afford it.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mysticwaterfall said:

rolleyes.gif
People seem to have this stupid preconceived notion that 3D requires glasses when in reality it doesn't, they are just a marketing gimmick to save theaters money to play 3D movies. There was 3D on Blu Ray long before the TV's came out, and before it became a mainstream thing among films. Disney and Pixar have been using 3D for a long time, and you can have it if you own the technology to view 3D rendered objects on a display. Essentially you get the pop out effect that you would get if you wore the glasses, however you do not need it at all. Seen it with Horton Hears A Who on Blu Ray with an HD projector, all that was needed was a player capable of outputting 3D images.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
fgghjjkll said:
3D without glasses? impossible. Well, it is possible with another medium from light to reflect off....but...this is nintendo. They've never let me down
smile.gif

| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3

3: 3D Layer. Consists of one side being red and the other being blue. Also, you have to hold it up to your face to get the effect to work, something that is usually said to not be done in the manuals, because even though you don't need 3D glasses, the screen will be like a pair.
smileipb2.png

it's quite possible. There are LCD screens now avalible where you can see different images from different angles. They had one on TopGear in a LandRover, the passanger can watch a DVD while a driver can see a GPS from the same screen.

The 3DS is going to use a similar screen, but with the angle adjusted so each eye gets a different screen. Pretty simple really.

Because it's a DS, it will have a pair of 3D screens. We also know it will have a camera etc.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
fgghjjkll said:
smile.gif

| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3
| 1 | 2 | 3

smileipb2.png

Lawl, I didn't mean the crappy blue-red 3D. Oh God the headaches...

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im almost 99.99% sure I'll get this, because I think they will stop supporting the DS/DSi so this upgrade is a must, I just hope and less than $200
frown.gif

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Scorpin200 said:
Llama Riot said:
SEE I TOLD YOU IT WOULDN'T BE CALLED DS2
BUT NONE OF YOU WOULD LISTEN

mad.gif

yeah only sony does that why would nintendo copy something silly like that? hehe

Geez, nobody knows what it's going to be called yet. 3DS is the only unofficial name of the thing.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
Rock Raiyu said:
Though I really do hope though that the system is less then $200...

Personally, I hope they don't go below $200 at launch. If they're going to have glasses-less stereoscopic LCD screens, I don't want them to cheap-out too much. Fortunately, the tech has come a long way in recent years thanks to all the developments into 3DTV, but I still think Nintendo will need to tip the balance on this handheld a little more in favour of components than bargain-bin pricing... at least initially. Obviously as the cost of manufacturing the thing goes down, Nintendo will probably go their normal route of dropping the price and releasing a moderately-enhanced revision of the hardware.
I don't want it to be cheap either. But at the same time, I don't want it overly priced like the PSPGo is.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone said the launch price of the ds phat was 149? WTH have you been smoking? I got my phat on launch day. Got the last one left at walmart for 249.99 w/o games! Thats right ladies and gentelmen, the ds launch price was the same as the Wii's! US PRICES. The only way you got a phat for 149 is if you traded in 5 games and a gba sp.

I can see the 3DS being 249. But for that to happen the Wii would need another price cut. If I didn't have a Wii yet (or if mine was beyond repair) I rather save 50 dollars and get another wii. On the other hand if the wii was 149, It be cheap enough to replace at anytime. Making me more inclined to buy the more expensive 3ds.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockstar said:
im almost 99.99% sure I'll get this, because I think they will stop supporting the DS/DSi so this upgrade is a must, I just hope and less than $200
frown.gif

Don't get your hopes up. It will probably be over $200. The DSi/XL is already $170-190. Since this DS will have a 3D screen, and probably more features, the price will of course go up.

Anyways, any prototype screenshots of this thing yet? I really want to see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...