Hacking New to the whole 3ds scene, some help would be appreciated.

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
yep did it all, and made a backup of everything
so no more 5min waits while looking at the 3ds and pleading to god?

Last edited by Dvir,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yep did it all, and made a backup of everything
so no more 5min waits while looking at the 3ds and pleading to god?

Well, you still have to do part 5 to install arm9loaderhax and then install a custom firmware (it'll be Luma3DS if you keep following the guide) before noticing the quick boot time. :P

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
  1. Copy your sysNAND_original.bin backup from Section I to the root of your SD card
  2. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS then press B to return to the main menu
  3. Go to "NAND Backup & Restore"
  4. Restore SysNAND from sysNAND_original.bin
  5. Cross your fingers
  6. Reboot! Basically, did them all, the sysnand was restored properly, but afterwards when you go back to the made menu and i pressed start+ -> to reboot, it just crashed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, you still have to do part 5 to install arm9loaderhax and then install a custom firmware (it'll be Luma3DS if you keep following the guide) before noticing the quick boot time. :P

well i meant the part of the chance of me bricking my n3ds and just waiting for it to happen as i slowly count the % from 0 to 100

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  1. Copy your sysNAND_original.bin backup from Section I to the root of your SD card
  2. Reinsert your SD card into your 3DS then press B to return to the main menu
  3. Go to "NAND Backup & Restore"
  4. Restore SysNAND from sysNAND_original.bin
  5. Cross your fingers
  6. Reboot! Basically, did them all, the sysnand was restored properly, but afterwards when you go back to the made menu and i pressed start+ -> to reboot, it just crashed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well i meant the part of the chance of me bricking my n3ds and just waiting for it to happen as i slowly count the % from 0 to 100
Oh, OK. Well, i guess thats fine, since the restoration was complete and it booted.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The NAND restores are usually very safe, it's the downgrades that are tricky. The last part where anything could go wrong is the installation of A9LH, but the SafeInstaller checks everything. The only thing it can't check (as far as I know) is the validity of the OTP.bin. If you do several consoles and accidently install the wrong one, you're fucked. Other than that you should be fine from now on.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The NAND restores are usually very safe, it's the downgrades that are tricky. The last part where anything could go wrong is the installation of A9LH, but the SafeInstaller checks everything. The only thing it can't check (as far as I know) is the validity of the OTP.bin. If you do several consoles and accidently install the wrong one, you're fucked. Other than that you should be fine from now on.

Actually, it DOES validate the OTP on N3DS. So @Dvir should feel even safer (but still carefully stick to the steps and do NOT skip any of them, you are close to the end!).

Fingers crossed. :)

Reactions: Uwabami

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't know that. I just read about someone mixing them up some time ago. When was this implemented?

Well, IIRC and according to the releases changelogs, it was implemented since the initial release. Maybe that person was on O3DS?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, IIRC and according to the releases changelogs, it was implemented since the initial release. Maybe that person was on O3DS?

Yeah, probably. I just checked it myself. And here I was always dumping them twice on 2 different SD cards to make sure the dump was correct (and I did 4 O3DS and 2 N3DS). Talk about paranoid. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Kyojin

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hmm, seems like i missed something, when i launched safea9lhinstaller it said im missing or the max file size of
payload_stage1.bin exceeds what is allowed. Any tips?

- just noticed the time, hope you ppl havnt gone to sleep..

Last edited by Dvir,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Check filenames and folders if you did everything exactly like the guide says. I know it sounds stupid but the most annoying bugs I hunted down for ages turned out to be something stupid :rofl:

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Check filenames and folders if you did everything exactly like the guide says. I know it sounds stupid but the most annoying bugs I hunted down for ages turned out to be something stupid :rofl:

yeah found it.. in the payload.zip is the payload_stage1.bin.... no shit

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah found it.. in the payload.zip is the payload_stage1.bin.... no shit

So, you forgot to extract it to the SD card? :D

BTW, something unrelated but just to be sure: you checked that your OTP.bin file was 256 bytes?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents