Hardware New 3DS XL - Continuous scrolling (only in GM9)

Gehrschrein

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've recently purchased a defective New 3DS XL in the hopes that I can fix it.
One of the problems it was exhibiting was a completely unresponsive Circle Pad.

Opening the device up I've noticed that the ribbon had come loose because the Circle Pad ZIF latch had been broken. A quite common problem as far as I can tell.
I left it as it was and decided to install CFW on the console. Everything working as expected, until I got to the finalization step of the guide.

As soon as I boot into GM9 I get asked to reset the RTC time, which I'm unable to do because the cursor keeps scrolling up (and occasionally down) on the date input.

So, my questions:

1. Any idea why even with the Circle Pad ribbon removed I'm seeing continuous vertical input? And especially why is this only visible in GM9? If I boot into the home menu there's no up/down cursor motion and I can move the cursor just fine with the dpad.
I've checked the connector, and apart from missing a latch and two of the four locking pins, it doesn't seem to be badly damaged and therefore making a short somewhere.

2. Assuming the ZIF is totally kaput, is there any point in trying to purchase and replace/solder a new one, or just replace the whole motherboard?

Any and all input is very much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto