Hacking New to the whole 3ds scene, some help would be appreciated.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay.. it all works, took about 7hrs that i should've been studying and its 1.42am.. so fml, but its so gonna be worth it. Thank you all for your help.

You're welcome! When you have set up everything to your liking, make a NAND backup and keep it safe together with your OTP.bin in case you need it in the future. Enjoy the world of A9LH!

Reactions: Dvir and Kyojin

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
You're welcome! When you have set up everything to your liking, make a NAND backup and keep it safe together with your OTP.bin in case you need it in the future. Enjoy the world of A9LH!
Shouldnt you be sleeping? and thanks. So i can delete everything except from this -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) *scroll to the bottom of the page*
and i guess i should try some games huh, how i install games?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Shouldnt you be sleeping? and thanks. So i can delete everything except from this -> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) *scroll to the bottom of the page*
and i guess i should try some games huh, how i install games?

- If you want to download game "backups" directly from the N3DS, you can install CIAngel and set it on "Install CIA" mode, it'll download and install at the same time.
- You can use Shameless to look for the game(s) you want and generate a QR code. You then have to use FBI's QR code install option. Scan the QR code and select "Yes" twice, and the installation will begin.
- If you want to download on the PC, you can use CDN-FX, then copy the CIA(s) on the SD card and install with FBI.
(you can use SocketPunch to install directly from the PC, so no need to copy to the SD card)

EDIT: for the question about deleting the files, yes, you can trust the screenshot and leave only the files and folders shown there. :)

Last edited by Kyojin,
Reactions: Dvir

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- If you want to download game "backups" directly from the N3DS, you can install CIAngel and set it on "Install CIA" mode, it'll download and install at the same time.
- If you want to download on the PC, you can use CDN-FX, then copy the CIA(s) on the SD card and install with FBI.
(you can use SocketPunch to install directly from the PC, so no need to copy to the SD card)

EDIT: for the question about deleting the files, yes, you can trust the screenshot and leave only the files and folders shown there. :)

Doesn't FBI do that via QR code now way easier? But honestly kids, buy the games you enjoy, I just bought the Special Edition of Fire Emblem Fates and enjoy it immensely :yay3ds:

Reactions: Dvir and Kyojin

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Doesn't FBI do that via QR code now way easier? But honestly kids, buy the games you enjoy, I just bought the Special Edition of Fire Emblem Fates and enjoy it immensely :yay3ds:

Yeah, I edited my message just before you posted to add Shameless + FBI.
And yes, buying games is definitely the way to go (I even end up buying games that I most probably will never play :(), but I guess he is so excited to play right now, so let's say it's okay. :D

Reactions: Dvir and Uwabami

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
so excited that i cant sleep. Guess ill study while i dl games, and ik ik, i will buy games some day, but atm im just some uni student and i literally live off of rice daily.
Btw, wanted to know if i should update the games that i dl? if so do i update them through normal eshop or the menuhax one?
Also can i install any region .cia files?

Last edited by Dvir,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
so excited that i cant sleep. Guess ill study while i dl games, and ik ik, i will buy games some day, but atm im just some uni student and i literally live off of rice daily.
Btw, wanted to know if i should update the games that i dl? if so do i update them through normal eshop or the menuhax one?
Also can i install any region .cia files?

- Yes, you can update them normally, it won't be an issue.
- Also yes. Luma3DS basically makes your console region-free. If you notice that some out-of-region game is not working though, try the language emulation feature/option.

Reactions: Dvir

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
oh nice, well i think a admin can close this thread now since its not relevant, but still 37 msgs later and i have a n3ds xl w/ cfw, srsly guys. Thanks.

Reactions: Kyojin

AlucardjX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
follow STEP BY STEP the plailects guide and join the A9LH master race!there is no better things for your n3ds out there right now!

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
follow STEP BY STEP the plailects guide and join the A9LH master race!there is no better things for your n3ds out there right now!

Are you using Internet Explorer 6 with dial-up Internet access? He's already done setting up arm9loaderhax + Luma3DS. :D

P.S.: A9LH is not the answer to everything (that would be 42). I'm saying this since I guess you didn't bother reading the thread, you just wanted to "convert" him to A9LH, which is not always the right suggestion.

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
well i guess this thread isnt closed yet, btw kyojin, ik i can pm you but i start typing here so ill go with it. Is there anything i should be wary of? like not updating my firmware or something else that is known to break my cfw or something. Thanks.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well i guess this thread isnt closed yet, btw kyojin, ik i can pm you but i start typing here so ill go with it. Is there anything i should be wary of? like not updating my firmware or something else that is known to break my cfw or something. Thanks.

Good question! Luckily, the answer is: yes, you can safely update the console's firmware. The CFW you are using (Luma3DS) protects the memory part where arm9loaderhax is, so it won't be overwritten by a regular system update. Of course, when the next update will be out, it's better to hang around here and wait for confirmation, just in case.

About stuff that you should know, well, nothing really critical I guess. Be sure to make regular SysNAND backups (using Decrypt9 or EmuNAND9) and store them somewhere safe. If you need to restore a NAND backup, make sure that you choose the "keep A9LH" option! (unless you are trying to uninstall A9LH on purpose, of course)

If you have problems accessing online, it's because of a small issue with the current Luma3DS version (5.4). You'll have to download the latest build and copy the files over, or use StarUpdater or LumaUpdater (you probably already have the latter installed) to update to the latest commit.

Of course, never uninstall system titles or files using FBI or some other CIA manager or file explorer.

Technically, except hardware failure, the worst that could happen is that your SysNAND is broken (if you delete system stuff), but you can always restore a previous backup. That's one of the main advantages of A9LH.

P.S.: Yes, you can PM me for questions. :)

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, with Luma3DS, you can run your N3DS at its real clock speed and thus have some games running smoother, like the Pokémon games (some games do crash with that option though, like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed)

yeah, I was playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, my n3ds xl is using luma3ds last version, so is there a way to play this game and ridge racer without the need to enter to luma options and turn off l2 cpu clock stuff?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
yeah, I was playing Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, my n3ds xl is using luma3ds last version, so is there a way to play this game and ridge racer without the need to enter to luma options and turn off l2 cpu clock stuff?
You could use NTR and turn it on manually for each game you want it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol