Hacking New to the whole 3ds scene, some help would be appreciated.

gbatemplloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
did as u said, changed it to type 2, it wont launch on startup though but i dont need to take out my micro sd every time i turn it on. But alas, i have no luck. still stuck at hax init

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you for your reply but after everyone talked me into downgrading and installing cfw and after i already started it, seems like i need to finish it. Thank you again for your input though.

setting a9lh is not easy and can brick your console.....my advice to you is read the guide very carefully....read all the guide twice before you start, and hope you finish it without a problem

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
did as u said, changed it to type 2, it wont launch on startup though but i dont need to take out my micro sd every time i turn it on. But alas, i have no luck. still stuck at hax init

Thank you for your reply but after everyone talked me into downgrading and installing cfw and after i already started it, seems like i need to finish it. Thank you again for your input though.
Its the kernel exploit that is unreliable that lets you stuck there, simply try it over and over, and maybe try to start another homebrew before you run the downgrader, it sometimes helps.

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks and i do, just had a few unexpected hiccups. Also thanks uwabami, the problem was i shouldve installed it again instead of only configuring it, anyway did that it booted into menuhax or w/e and then i did the downgrade again, this time it worked and only had liek 1 line to do, it said switching off console please wait 10 secs or w/e, so im home free?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does it start with the SD card inserted now? Were there any errors during the downgrade? If all is well, proceed with the guide.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks and i do, just had a few unexpected hiccups. Also thanks uwabami, the problem was i shouldve installed it again instead of only configuring it, anyway did that it booted into menuhax or w/e and then i did the downgrade again, this time it worked and only had liek 1 line to do, it said switching off console please wait 10 secs or w/e, so im home free?
Whoops, sorry for not making that clear! (Also, I didn't realize you replied to me: I didn't get any notifications!)

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
It started booting up normally after i reconfigured the menuhax or w/e, so i guess im gd to go, wish me luck. if any problems arise ill be back.. soon

also thanks crispyyoshi, you saved me from that frankenfirmware thing or w/e, thanks again.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

1) You didn't bother reading up 2 pages to see that we already discussed this and Dvir had already decided and begun the procedure.
2) You conveniently don't mention that a downgrade for Gateway also bears the same risk of bricking
3) You come back and AGAIN give the same advice everybody else has already given.

If you're unwilling to read what everybody else has already discussed, please stay away.

Reactions: Quantumcat

gbatemplloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
1) You didn't bother reading up 2 pages to see that we already discussed this and Dvir had already decided and begun the procedure.
2) You conveniently don't mention that a downgrade for Gateway also bears the same risk of bricking
3) You come back and AGAIN give the same advice everybody else has already given.

If you're unwilling to read what everybody else has already discussed, please stay away.

stop advicing everybody to install a9lh...........its fucking risky to install a9lh.............if a person want an advice then give all the advice, thats including all flashcart, all cfw....tell also the advantage and disadvantage of a cfw. dont advice a person to go straight to a9lh.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stop advicing everybody to install a9lh...........its fucking risky to install a9lh.............if a person want an advice then give all the advice, thats including all flashcart, all cfw....tell also the advantage and disadvantage of a cfw. dont advice a person to go straight to a9lh.
I didn't. He did get all the options and decided. And again: Downgrading for Gateway is just as risky. Please don't hijack this thread (that you didn't even read) just to plug your boner for Gateway. Again: if you can't read and follow the discussion, please leave.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
err, whats the most risky part of this whole process, dont worry i dont have cold feet. Im just wondering. Also with the way this thread is going ill have everyone reach 1k msgs.

Last edited by Dvir,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
err, whats the most risky part of this whole process, dont worry i dont have cold feet. Im just wondering. Also with the way this thread is going ill have everything reach 1k msgs.

Not your fault, don't worry. The most risky parts are the downgrade to 9.2 and then 2.1. So you're already halfway through, right?

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
well, just making sure, i have rednand and it says to update it, but then it says it exits it as it exists the menu or something, just wondering from your experience about if i just click update and thats that.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
step 28/29
basically what im asking is do i need to change my menuhax settings beforehand or something or do anything special? to run rednand properly i had to change menuhax from type 2 to type 1 so it wont boot into sysnand instead of rednand.

Not your fault, don't worry. The most risky parts are the downgrade to 9.2 and then 2.1. So you're already halfway through, right?

Last edited by Dvir,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What the guide says is that you have to be careful, because when you enter System Settings while you are on RedNAND and then close the System Settings, you will be on SysNAND and not RedNAND anymore.

So, what you have to do is just:

• Boot to RedNAND
• Enter System Settings and check that you have "Emu" next to your system version
• Update the system from the settings without exiting the System Settings.

You do not need to change your menuhax settings or anything.

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
okay, thanks, i was actually worried about the update booting me back to sysnand or something but it looks like im just paranoid. thanks.

.. next part has "cross your fingers.." when you downgrade to 2.1, somehow it doesnt bode well .. lol

Last edited by Dvir,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay, thanks, i was actually worried about the update booting me back to sysnand or something but it looks like im just paranoid. thanks.

.. next part has "cross your fingers.." when you downgrade to 2.1, somehow it doesnt bode well .. lol
Crossing fingers [emoji1] But it's good you're a little paranoid. Better than being careless and skipping steps.

Reactions: Hayleia

Dvir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
okay. phew.. i finished part 4 of this guide --> https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP) and after i restored it and was going to reboot in otp, it crashed, didnt know if it works successfully or not but i said f it, and restarted manually. I went into the system settings and im on 9.2 not 2.1, so everything is ok? just making sure.

Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-