New 'Sonic Prime' Netflix series teaser trailer released

1663693480945.png

A new teaser trailer for the Netflix series, Sonic Prime, just released today.
The teaser is than a minute in length, but it shows a good amount of action-packed scenes from what we could expect out of the series.

We get glimpses of Big the Cat, Sonic battling against Shadow, and Sonic fighting against Eggman and some of his robots.
Interestingly enough, the teaser showcases Eggman behind some sort of shattered glass.

The series releases on Netflix on Winter 2022.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty hopeful for this little series, honestly (even if teasers have been kind of drip-fed). The animation feels like it suits high action set pieces a bit better than Sonic Boom. I'm not expecting it to be as intentionally comedic as Boom was, but as long as there's a little bit of comedic bits peppered in-between that's alright. The premise of Sonic dimension hopping throughout the series sounds like it could make for some decent action.

Really though I am baffled most of this stuff appears to be taken from what I presume is the first episode? Some small footage of the show's premise to really reel people in would be nice. I'm also expecting a bit of whiplash since I recall reading that due to some sort of Canadian policy, Mike Pollock wouldn't return as Eggman for this show. Curious what the new voice will sound like in full.

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta keep milking that (Sonic) cash cow while it's still fertile..
In all honesty, the animation doesn't look half bad here (from what they've shown), though i'd go with an anime-style animation in a heartbeat, something akin to the opening animation in Sonic Origins. 😍
Well, atleast it's not live-action.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gotta keep milking that (Sonic) cash cow while it's still fertile..
In all honesty, the animation doesn't look half bad here (from what they've shown), though i'd go with an anime-style animation in a heartbeat, something akin to the opening animation in Sonic Origins. 😍
Well, atleast it's not live-action.. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Gotta say though, for all the faults Sega has done, they are really pulling through with the last 5 years of Sonic.
Everything from the movies, TV series, new games and such, they seem to be getting quite the hang of how to make Sonic into a much more well-known character reaching out to more and more people.

I'm really looking forward for the future of Sonic.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Gotta say though, for all the faults Sega has done, they are really pulling through with the last 5 years of Sonic.
Everything from the movies, TV series, new games and such, they seem to be getting quite the hang of how to make Sonic into a much more well-known character reaching out to more and more people.

I'm really looking forward for the future of Sonic.
Man I remember like 25+ years ago kids truly believing Sonic and Sega were gonna crush Mario and Nintendo. Then the first 3D games for each IP came along, and that was pretty much that. Kids today are going to grow up with a completely different idea of what Sonic is, lucky in some ways but unlucky in others IMO.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish Netflix wouldn't release all episodes at once for new shows, especially this one which looks very promising.

I'm currently watching Cobra Kai S5 and only four episodes left, and that's because I'm spacing them out than binge all at once. Such a great season!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
instead of a proper anime like good old TMS' Sonic x they go for a cg crap on netflix...
Looks, sounds, and feels like the Sonic movies. If it's fun then I won't mind, but Sonic X definitely looked way better than this.

And Sonic X's OP, I mean the Japanese one! What a classic!

Reactions: ZeroFX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas