Devil May Cry is getting a new animated series on Netflix

Netflix's Drop 01 event has unveiled a brand new animated series for the Devil May Cry franchise in a collaboration between Netflix, Capcom, Studio Mir & Adi Shankar. The announcement comes in the form of a teaser trailer, with the logos being shown before catching a very fast and short glimpse of Dante in its new animated form for the series, all with some heavy rock playing in the background (very akin to that of the new Dooms OSTs). Currently there's no set date for the release of the series, with only a "Coming Soon" message at the end of the teaser.

It is worth noting that this isn't the first time that Devil May Cry has delved into other entertainment media outside of videgames, as back in 2007 the franchise got a TV episodic series titled "Devil May Cry: The Animated Series", which ran for 12 episodes on several countries.

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
who the f is this?? lmao this is terrible, i don't like devil may cry anymore for certain reasons, however, i still adore og anime devil may cry, at least the art, it was really well hand drawn, opening was great and i adore that. the art was a mix of fantasy and realism it just balanced it, looked great too... but this looks traced... the colors look too flat, bland, yet the animation movement is nice i just don't find the art style appealing at all.

CaliousKai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Insert obligatory "Featuring Dante" joke here.
I wonder if it will adapt story beats from the games or if it will be it's own plot? 🤔
If im honest the whole story will be all pointless woke bullshit and despite looking nice the woke generation is ruining media. I understand that will ruffle some peeps but i had to get this off my chest as it's getting ridiculous now.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Castlevania was a netflix series right? That was painful bad, so why Devil May Cry would be any better?
Castlevania has a 90% viewer and 94% critic score on RT. 8.3 on IMDB. You're in a very small minority if you think it was "painful bad."

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm mainly going to bet on a "featuring Woke content from the Netflix™ Series!"
If im honest the whole story will be all pointless woke bullshit and despite looking nice the woke generation is ruining media. I understand that will ruffle some peeps but i had to get this off my chest as it's getting ridiculous now.
You heard it here first everyone, guns are woke now. Along with everything else, apparently.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wow, amazing scores, almost as good as Tears of the Kingdom.
Difference being that movie and TV critics aren't afraid to give 3s or 4s if something sucks. Lowest "acceptable" score for a game is a 7, and a 6 means it's total garbage. Not to mention we all know Nintendo isn't held to the same standards as other developers.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, will this be about Dante discovering his love for non-binary little Boys and therefore has to fight the CIS white daemon?
Seems that Adi Shankar has more grasp on that project there (compared to the last seasons of Castlevania and Nocturne) and he usually tries to stay pretty faithful to the series

Even tho I hated the huge amount of cursing and stuff in Castlevania, didn't really felt like the tone of the games

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

GengarsGhostlyGiggles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Castlevania has a 90% viewer and 94% critic score on RT. 8.3 on IMDB. You're in a very small minority if you think it was "painful bad."
Those scores are all manipulated by corporate interests, you can't trust them.
Warner Brothers and Amazon censored the hell out of negative reactions to their expensive to make shows and paid off other reviews. It's just standard practice now.

You can't trust corporations to be honest ever when money is on the line.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Difference being that movie and TV critics aren't afraid to give 3s or 4s if something sucks. Lowest "acceptable" score for a game is a 7, and a 6 means it's total garbage. Not to mention we all know Nintendo isn't held to the same standards as other developers.
so... reviews are credible as long as is not a video game review and Nintendo is not involved?

Makes sense... makes a lot of sense...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Those scores are all manipulated by corporate interests, you can't trust them.
Warner Brothers and Amazon censored the hell out of negative reactions to their expensive to make shows and paid off other reviews. It's just standard practice now.

You can't trust corporations to be honest ever when money is on the line.
They paid off every audience review too? What's become clear here is that none of you panning Castlevania actually watched it. It's a faithful adaptation of the game's lore with badass action sequences, not sure what else you could possibly want. It's even getting a follow up with Richter's story because of its critical and commercial success, and that's after four seasons of the original. Netflix never extends anything beyond two seasons unless it's an instant, massive hit.

so... reviews are credible as long as is not a video game review and Nintendo is not involved?

Makes sense... makes a lot of sense...
If you're sourcing multiple aggregates that include audience scores, yeah, there's no way to actually manipulate that. Do we need the live-action Death Note for contrast? Or do you just assume the worst-rated stuff is the highest quality content, and vice-versa?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
They paid off every audience review too? What's become clear here is that none of you panning Castlevania actually watched it. It's a faithful adaptation of the game's lore with badass action sequences, not sure what else you could possibly want. It's even getting a follow up with Richter's story because of its critical and commercial success, and that's after four seasons of the original. Netflix never extends anything beyond two seasons unless it's an instant, massive hit.

If you're sourcing multiple aggregates that include audience scores, yeah, there's no way to actually manipulate that. Do we need the live-action Death Note for contrast? Or do you just assume the worst-rated stuff is the highest quality content, and vice-versa?
I'm not assuming nothing. I'm just telling that the Castlevania cartoon, or whatever it is called is a piece of shit. For that reason I believe that Devil May Cry will not be good.

You pulled off this metacritic thing, that I do not even care, but just for fun I replied with a very high scoring Nintendo game because I know you are a Nintendo hater (and player, at same time, go figure). And then you told that Nintendo high scores don't count, but netflix ones do, for reasons.

Anyway, I did not assume nothing, just shared my belief based on a thing I actually watched and did not liked (Castlevania).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game