Devil May Cry is getting a new animated series on Netflix

Netflix's Drop 01 event has unveiled a brand new animated series for the Devil May Cry franchise in a collaboration between Netflix, Capcom, Studio Mir & Adi Shankar. The announcement comes in the form of a teaser trailer, with the logos being shown before catching a very fast and short glimpse of Dante in its new animated form for the series, all with some heavy rock playing in the background (very akin to that of the new Dooms OSTs). Currently there's no set date for the release of the series, with only a "Coming Soon" message at the end of the teaser.

It is worth noting that this isn't the first time that Devil May Cry has delved into other entertainment media outside of videgames, as back in 2007 the franchise got a TV episodic series titled "Devil May Cry: The Animated Series", which ran for 12 episodes on several countries.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You pulled off this metacritic thing, that I do not even care, but just for fun I replied with a very high scoring Nintendo game because I know you are a Nintendo hater (and player, at same time, go figure). And then you told that Nintendo high scores don't count, but netflix ones do, for reasons.
There is a lot more fuckery that goes into critic scoring of AAA games in general, not just Nintendo games. And I don't hate them, but I don't think they should get a pass for glaring issues just because they choose to continue releasing under-powered hardware. They're capable of doing better.

Anyway, I did not assume nothing, just shared my belief based on a thing I actually watched and did not liked (Castlevania).
You have the right to your opinion, but studios don't tend to stray from a winning formula once they've found it. Attempting to cater to niche tastes rarely earns a movie or show high ratings.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My only complaint is the art style, though I guess that's really all we've seen so far. I really liked how the anime series made by Madhouse looked. If I didn't already know it you couldn't convince me that guy is supposed to be Dante.
Seems that Adi Shankar has more grasp on that project there (compared to the last seasons of Castlevania and Nocturne) and he usually tries to stay pretty faithful to the series

Even tho I hated the huge amount of cursing and stuff in Castlevania, didn't really felt like the tone of the games
Well I didn't particularly care for Castlevania when that came out (I actually haven't watched anything after the first 4 episodes), it's kind of hard to compare it to the tone of the games when many of the games have (virtually) non-existent writing.

Last edited by Guacaholey,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
DANT.png
spr_vstitle_pepperman.png

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix reveals more:

Netflix announced a new Devil May Cry anime based on Capcom's videogame franchise, along with other anime titles, in their recent teaser trailer. The anime is being produced by Capcom and Studio MIR, with Adi Shankar credited as the creator. It is expected to run for five seasons and have a crossover with Castlevania.

https://gamerant.com/netflix-devil-may-cry-anime-teaser/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ hello