Netflix releases the first new episode of "Sonic Prime" Season 2 for free on YouTube

It's been a little over 6 months since "Sonic Prime" originally aired on Netflix, back in December, 2022.

The first season was mostly well received, and with the season ending in a cliffhanger, Sonic fans were left but wondering what could be next in this new series featuring the blue hedgehog, and it wasn't until the recent announcement of the 2nd season coming back to Netflix on July13th that fans will be able to continue this story.

To celebrate the upcoming occasion, Netflix has shared the very 1st episode of the second season for free on YouTube, through their "Netflix After School" YouTube channel. The episode has a running length of around 21 minutes, and it focuses entirely on Shadow and Sonic, seeing the two battle it out (with what seems to be some thematic audio cues from Sonic Adventure 2), until they eventually find themselves having to rely on one another to solve the riddle of the shattered dimensions.

For those interested in following the latest series, "Sonic Prime" Season 2 is but just a week away, airing on July 13.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still sour at the awful writing they gave to Shadow on that Boom series. Damn.
Everybody got the short end of the stick there. It was a kid's comedy cartoon first and a Sonic cartoon second. They could've written it a lot better (look at shows like Adventure Time). I hope Sonic Prime picks up a bit, cause seeing his friends reimagined in different worlds got old quickly for me. I feel like Sonic X is one of the best animated Sonic shows and even that was pretty bad outside the brief arcs based on the Adventure games (which I think were only a dozen or so episodes combined).

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who didn't watch the first season, that episode was super confusing and weird

Kirby6417

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Boom was actually a hilarious show. It gives the impression of being made by some genuinely talented people who are also fans of Sonic, rather than being a Sega cash-grab or taking advantage of how easy it is to make money with shitty children’s programming. It honestly feels quite original and refreshing. I think it must have been a serious pitch by the show’s creators to request permission to use Sonic for a show and a tie-in game, which is why the Sonic Boom show/game/character designs are completely separate from the rest of the Sonic franchise; and it’s also why I forgive Boom for being a bad game, because it’s not really a Sonic game but rather just a show tie-in game; and those are basically always supposed to be bad.

The episode with the universal translation robot is just fantastic lmao. I think it’s season 1 episode 2, and I’d actually recommend it to anybody.

Never heard of this Prime show though, just felt like talking about Boom.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sonic Boom was actually a hilarious show. It gives the impression of being made by some genuinely talented people who are also fans of Sonic, rather than being a Sega cash-grab or taking advantage of how easy it is to make money with shitty children’s programming. It honestly feels quite original and refreshing. I think it must have been a serious pitch by the show’s creators to request permission to use Sonic for a show and a tie-in game, which is why the Sonic Boom show/game/character designs are completely separate from the rest of the Sonic franchise; and it’s also why I forgive Boom for being a bad game, because it’s not really a Sonic game but rather just a show tie-in game; and those are basically always supposed to be bad.

The episode with the universal translation robot is just fantastic lmao. I think it’s season 1 episode 2, and I’d actually recommend it to anybody.

Never heard of this Prime show though, just felt like talking about Boom.
Don't get me wrong, I did like Boom to some extend, but the way they handled Shadow was just atrocious to say the least.

Reactions: Kirby6417

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone who didn't watch the first season, that episode was super confusing and weird
Honestly you're not missing much. The short version is something happens that shatters the timeline and every couple episodes Sonic visits a new world that reimagines what his friends are like and he doesn't exist in these worlds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...