Sonic Team reveals new animated logo, teases more projects to come after Sonic Frontiers

With the upcoming release of Sonic Frontiers, and the Netflix series Sonic Prime on the horizon, Sonic Team seems to be speeding into new territories in the entertainment industry, expanding and bringing the Sonic brand to new landscapes and audiences.

With these new announcements, Sonic Team's creative director, Kazuyuki Hoshino, has posted a video of the new animated logo for Sonic Team, alongside some words from him through the official Sonic Channel website, regarding the future of the series:

Kazuyuki Hoshino said:
Hey Sonic Fans! The Sonic IP is working on becoming bigger than ever. This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more! We hope that our fans enjoy these activities as much as we do.

As part of this effort, we are pleased to bring you a brand new, " Sonic Team Animated Logo! "

The Sonic Team is full of energy and motivation, consisting of veteran team members, who have been here for a long, long time, and newcomers bringing in their own fresh take on things. These talented groups of people are able to come together to make this team even stronger. We want our fans to know that when they see this logo, they are guaranteed to get a good game from Sonic Team.

My team and I look forward to showing off this new logo movie to our fans on multiple occasions in the future.

Producer
Sonic Creative Director
Kazuyuki Hoshino​

His words hint at a possible new project besides both Frontiers and Origins for Sonic this year, but we'll have to wait and see what they have in store for Sonic fans in 2022.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• 1663794733972.png
    1663794733972.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 148

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Give it a proper read again making emphasis on this:

The "also working" is a clear indication that it's separate from the previous statement.
OK sure, but even so, I doubt we'll hear about anything major for the rest of the year, maybe not until next summer.

It's also obvious SEGA are pushing for more Sonic as we speak. Iizuka himself said he already knows what the next Sonic project is, so who else knows.
Only a matter of time.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've always been a huge Sonic fan, since the first game on Megadrive/ Genesis. Growing up I was always excited about new Sonic games but as I got older I've been less thrilled/ excited as the brand moved into the 'boost' age, it just didn't do it for me.

However, I actually feel kinda excited about this one after seeing all the little teasers. New tid-bits keep popping up randomly on my timelines and they make me think "That ain't a bad idea actually!". I'm hoping that the Devs can pull this one off as a huge success.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah... many companies these days change company brand, logo, name thinking that will help their reputation.
Sonic had shitty Sonic games for a long time now, no matter how you call the company making it.

A turd is a turd by any other name.
- shakespeare

What they need to do is make actual good game, and not changing company's name.
Just like Facebook changing its name to meta wont make it any better for them.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... many companies these days change company brand, logo, name thinking that will help their reputation.
Sonic had shitty Sonic games for a long time now, no matter how you call the company making it.

A turd is a turd by any other name.
- shakespeare

What they need to do is make actual good game, and not changing company's name.
Just like Facebook changing its name to meta wont make it any better for them.
Do you remember when Sega made a big announcement that everyone thought it was Dreamcast 2? Nope, it was a disappointment.

Reactions: Metoroid0

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is this Ad about... ?
Sega modernizing?

Fans need to accept that Sega is done with console hardware so we'll never get DC2. Heck, Sega is even slacking with software, they should just sell their IPs.

They have so many great IPs and all they ever focus on is Sonic (and Yakuza, at least). 😕

Jet Set Radio? Nope, but there's a spiritual successor coming:

I'm hyped for that!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNY4DFhf6xM