SEGA teases some gameplay footage for Sonic Frontiers in new teaser trailer

SEGA has been very tight-lipped throughout the development of Sonic Frontiers, their upcoming open-world entry that will take the long-running franchise in a supposedly vastly new direction. With June upon us, game companies are ready to show off their projects, and among them will be SEGA, finally giving us an update on the game. A 30-second teaser video was uploaded today, giving fans something to get them hooked prior to the full showcase. In the video, Sonic is shown running around a large landscape, fighting enemies, grinding on rails, and even going up against a giant robot boss.

News outlet IGN is promising exclusive coverage as June goes on, with the next teaser to be revealed tomorrow, at 9am PST.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Mania is probably my favorite Sonic game ever honestly. But I'd have to be turning a blind eye to ignore how few brand new zones it actually introduced. That's why I really want a Mania 2 with only new stage locations.
The team behind Mania absolutely deserve the opportunity to make some new original content. Hope Origins does well enough to justify them greenlighting a new game from Taxman and Stealth... then again, I'm surprised they didn't right off the heels of Mania.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Mania is probably my favorite Sonic game ever honestly. But I'd have to be turning a blind eye to ignore how few brand new zones it actually introduced. That's why I really want a Mania 2 with only new stage locations.
I too loved Mania, and now there'll be Sonic Origins it looks pretty promising though the DLC/Excel sheet to know which version to buy was unnecessary.

Sonic SMS was remade for PS4 by a fan and Sega has ignored SMS games since forever (they only focus on Genesis/Dreamcast).

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks awful to me. I don't get all the positive reception. I think people are just so desperate for a Sonic game to be good they'll go wild over anything that isn't outright bullshit.

Where's the platforming? Where's the stylised worlds, loops and springs? To me it really looks like one of those "Nintendo hire this man" unreal engine videos.

The focus on combat in this clip also doesn't inspire any confidence - remember Unleashed?

Oh well as least I have Origins to look forward to.

297.jpg

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sonic Adventure 1-2 were good games, but overhyped and overrated.

There were so many times Sonic went thru the walls and I didn't want that.
which console did you play on? the gamecube version SUCKED. the xbox versions had wall glitches. basically playing SA1/2 on anything other than the original dreamcast on a crt basically sucks.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
which console did you play on? the gamecube version SUCKED. the xbox versions had wall glitches. basically playing SA1/2 on anything other than the original dreamcast on a crt basically sucks.
GC and the 360.

I remember the DC was glitchy too.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks awful to me. I don't get all the positive reception. I think people are just so desperate for a Sonic game to be good they'll go wild over anything that isn't outright bullshit.

Where's the platforming? Where's the stylised worlds, loops and springs? To me it really looks like one of those "Nintendo hire this man" unreal engine videos.

The focus on combat in this clip also doesn't inspire any confidence - remember Unleashed?

While I think I have a bit more optimism than "It's outright going to suck" honestly I totally agree with most of your points. It doesn't look like what I'd want out of a Sonic game, hell, it doesn't even look like a Sonic game.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I think I have a bit more optimism than "It's outright going to suck" honestly I totally agree with most of your points. It doesn't look like what I'd want out of a Sonic game, hell, it doesn't even look like a Sonic game.
I didn't say it's going to suck, this just isn't what I'm personally looking for when I think of how a 3D Sonic game should look and play.

I hope it will be good and I'm interested in seeing more.

Reactions: CeeDee

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC and the 360.

I remember the DC was glitchy too.
sure there was some glitchyness on the DC for sure, but the GC version was BAD. the x360 had some improvements over the GC version. the biggest issue i found for the 360 version was the analogue sensitivity. old analogue sticks normally had 128 sensitivities spread out over the stick range, but modern controllers have 256, and you hit max range for SA 1/2 way too early on stick travel. it's the same thing when trying to use GC style sticks on the n64.

here is a great video about it

Reactions: Marc_LFD

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lmfao, just wait, im not saying get your hopes up, but we haven't seen everything yet.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i enjoyed the music and the artstyle, animations need work though, and not sure what's up with the rails looking so weird just floating in the sky :rofl2:

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh look a Classic Sonic Fan also the game is still in development so hold your judgement. Some of us want a good 3D Sonic game.

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sure there was some glitchyness on the DC for sure, but the GC version was BAD. the x360 had some improvements over the GC version. the biggest issue i found for the 360 version was the analogue sensitivity. old analogue sticks normally had 128 sensitivities spread out over the stick range, but modern controllers have 256, and you hit max range for SA 1/2 way too early on stick travel. it's the same thing when trying to use GC style sticks on the n64.

here is a great video about it

Sonic Adventure DX isn't bad. You act like its the PS2 version of Sonic Heroes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7