Sonic Team reveals new animated logo, teases more projects to come after Sonic Frontiers

With the upcoming release of Sonic Frontiers, and the Netflix series Sonic Prime on the horizon, Sonic Team seems to be speeding into new territories in the entertainment industry, expanding and bringing the Sonic brand to new landscapes and audiences.

With these new announcements, Sonic Team's creative director, Kazuyuki Hoshino, has posted a video of the new animated logo for Sonic Team, alongside some words from him through the official Sonic Channel website, regarding the future of the series:

Kazuyuki Hoshino said:
Hey Sonic Fans! The Sonic IP is working on becoming bigger than ever. This year with "PROJECT SONIC '22" we are developing more than just Sonic Frontiers and Sonic Origins. We are also working on getting Sonic out on more mediums such as merch, social media, collaborations with artists and influencers, and more! We hope that our fans enjoy these activities as much as we do.

As part of this effort, we are pleased to bring you a brand new, " Sonic Team Animated Logo! "

The Sonic Team is full of energy and motivation, consisting of veteran team members, who have been here for a long, long time, and newcomers bringing in their own fresh take on things. These talented groups of people are able to come together to make this team even stronger. We want our fans to know that when they see this logo, they are guaranteed to get a good game from Sonic Team.

My team and I look forward to showing off this new logo movie to our fans on multiple occasions in the future.

Producer
Sonic Creative Director
Kazuyuki Hoshino​

His words hint at a possible new project besides both Frontiers and Origins for Sonic this year, but we'll have to wait and see what they have in store for Sonic fans in 2022.

:arrow: Source

Attachments

• 1663794733972.png
    1663794733972.png
    384.4 KB · Views: 148

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though the "new" animated logo looks nice, I don't see its relevance with the "Team" factor of it.

I'm assuming it's more related to some game getting a second part.

Never played any Sonic game before, but Sonic Frontiers looks really interesting.

Last edited by CMDreamer,
Reactions: Defective1Up

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even though the "new" animated logo looks nice, I don't see its relevante with the "Team" factor of it.

I'm assuming it's more related to some game getting a second part.

Never played any Sonic game before, but Sonic Frontiers looks really interesting.

Might be the new logo they'll use for the still unknown game Project Sonic '22, which according to the director, comprises Frontiers, Origins and something else yet to be announced (who knows what he means by "more than just Frontiers and Origins").

Why does Sega keep pouring money on Sonic Team? It's obvious they don't know what people want.

We'll have to see how Frontiers fares, maybe they got a decent hang of it (hopefully), but with them, you never know.
I try to stay positive with Sonic stuff altogether, it's one my fav franchises, and I still hold Sega some respect for not being the a-holes they could be like Nintendo.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Might be the new logo they'll use for the still unknown game Project Sonic '22, which according to the director, comprises Frontiers, Origins and something else yet to be announced (who knows what he means by "more than just Frontiers and Origins").

We'll have to see how Frontiers fares, maybe they got a decent hang of it (hopefully), but with them, you never know.
I try to stay positive with Sonic stuff altogether, it's one my fav franchises, and I still hold Sega some respect for not being the a-holes they could be like Nintendo.
For me Frontier looks really bad. But I won't jump the shark.

Reactions: Guacaholey

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as them projects ain't gonna suck major arse, then sure, give us more Sonic.
Still, would be nice to get maybe a new game of one of the many old IPs ya have, how about a new Nights or Jet Set Radio?
or phantasy star like part iv. that brings back fond memories of my childhood. I'm quite far in the sega genesis collection game on the switch. however, the little side quests are terrible.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no secret that Japanese business culture absolutely hates it when an outsider (especially a foreigner)'s work is seen as superior to their own. Sega hiring Taxman and stealth was a wise move; Sonic Mania is a testament to that. But Sonic Team for sure took offense to that.

Reactions: Xzi and DarkCoffe64

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no secret that Japanese business culture absolutely hates it when an outsider (especially a foreigner)'s work is seen as superior to their own. Sega hiring Taxman and stealth was a wise move; Sonic Mania is a testament to that. But Sonic Team for sure took offense to that.
Sonic Team's Classic Sonic feels so heavy and a chore to play as.

They're great for Unleashed/Generations' games and the likes, and that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer