New Mighty No. 9 trailer release - 'Beat Them At Their Own Game'

MIGHTY_mainart0826_fix.png

A new Mighty No. 9 trailer has just been released a long with further detail of the game's launch later this year:

Deep Silver and Comcept today release a new (60 FPS) gameplay trailer for the upcoming side-scrolling action game and Kickstarter sensation, Mighty No. 9. In 'Beat Them At Their Own Game', the hero of the game, Beck, takes on the challenge of his eight mighty opponents and fights his way through ever-changing stages and epic boss fights. The video showcases the action that transforms the feel of 8 and 16-bit classics into a fresh modern-day classic.
Mighty No. 9 will be available on 15th September 2015 in the Americas and on 18th September 2015 worldwide as a digital download as well as physical retail version for PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One, PC, Linux and Mac & as well as digital only on the Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3. Portable versions for PlayStation Vita and Nintendo 3DS will follow at a later date.

Mighty No. 9 will support Cross-Buy across PS4, PS3 and PS Vita.

20150603_MN9_Screen_01.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_02.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_03.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_04.jpg 20150603_MN9_Screen_05.jpg

:arrow:Mighty No. 9 Official Site

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Dunno but it looks quite ...OK to me
I think it looks alright too. Then again, I haven't been following the Kickstarter at all, so there's nothing previous for me to compare it to. That screenshot comparison between the current and the alpha alone though makes me disappointed in the current visuals a bit, though.

Reactions: Deleted User

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id rather they had just released it years ago and had them take what was mighty gunvolt make it a lot bigger and make it into a single and multiplayer game with online co-op etc. New gameplay is what I wanted most out of a new mega man game.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The gameplay looks kinda cool but the day 1 DLC scams really irk me and you know there's gonna be a ton of that shit. Keepin' that Capcom spirit alive in every way I suppose ;)
As a wise @Gahars once said, you can take the man out of Capcom, but you can't take Capcom out of the man.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's fine. Only thing is, they could have made the character model better.
Also, they could have had the consoles looking the more detail way and handhelds looking this way.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game looks fine to me. I really couldn't care less that 'this' is what 4 million got. Oh well? I didn't pay $10,000. I paid like...$20. Looks pretty solid for $20. This isn't a $70 game. General effects, level design, and animations looks solid, though

i personally don't like all that weird stuff popping up all over the place :/ i dont want bullets to blend in with weird 100% popups or giant explosions...

That was my initial thought when I saw those. I don't want weird shit popping up telling me of my sweet 360 420 nosc0pe headshots i'm getting as I go through levels. Clutter like that is just reeeally annoying.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Alpha footage was semi-publicly avalable. Comcept was stupid enough to upload behind the door footage on youtube as not listed and people just kept sharing the link so pretty much everybody could see it.
But take a look at this particular screenshot here
http://wiiclube.uol.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/mighty_no_9_alpha-3.jpg
and a screenshot I took from the Trailer
http://puu.sh/ib5tQ/30331659cb.png
The shading is better, Beck has a shadow, the lighting looks better, Becks character model looks better.
Overall the game looked better during alpha. Some people call it false advertisement.
The first pic looks like concept art for me.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, the gameplay can be good and fun... but I can't understand the fanboyism that says that the graphics are great ...it has the looks of a iOS game for gods sake! look closely at that trailer

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/capcom-has-a-new-producer-dedicated-to-the-mega-man-series#.VW9tXEYmdrA
Fans of the Mega Man series have surely noted that the franchise has been dormant for a while. There hasn't been news of a new game in a long time, though earlier today, we learned that a television show was being developed. So why try to breathe life into such a stagnant title? According to the Kickstarter page for the Mega Man board game, Capcom has hired a new producer for its iconic series. Hopefully, this means that Capcom is ready for Mega Man to make a triumphant return to primetime!

Capcom is already move on with their new director for Megaman so we can forget about Inafune now.
That said, I still prefer real Megaman game than some thing called "spiritual successor" of the game.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I haven't followed this game's development but I've seen a lot of hate for it everywhere. Is there any particular reason for that?

they got several million on kickstarter, much much more than they ever thought they'd need. and they deliver something that looks worse than some of their earliest leaked footage and they also gift us with day one dlc. because you can get the developer out of capcom. but you cant get the capcom out of the developer.
people are kinda bummed that this is what it all boils down to.
now lets pray to god that the levels aren't really short and the bossbattles arent either ridiculously hard (anyone remember using oilman against fireman in megaman powered up? or bombman vs cutman? or timeman vs elecman?) or ridiculously easy (anyone remember megaman 8?)

I didn't even know there was a Megaman Boardgame. Anyway, these are completely different people. For all we know, it could be a runner clone. Lol

did you know about the megaman archie comics? or the mangas?
its not like megaman isn't a great ip that could easily work in all types of media today.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wow...I hate to say it but the models are...disappointing. Stiff and rigid. With the money they had they SURELY could have made the game more smooth and better looking. (maybe that was Wii U footage?)

Beck and the other characters faces look like they were pulled from Mii Maker. I feel like the alpha was better looking and feeling. Yet again. That was PC

Game looks alright though. Took same "combo" nod that Gunvolt had.

If Xbox One and PS4 have the same graphical look and feel as the trailer above I will be highly disappointed with Comcept

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,
D

Deleted User

What if megaman sprite game ends up being a better (yet shorter) game than Mighty No. 9?
wow...I hate to say it but the models are...disappointing. Stiff and rigid. With the money they had they SURELY could have made the game more smooth and better looking. (maybe that was Wii U footage?)

Beck and the other characters faces look like they were pulled from Mii Maker. I feel like the alpha was better looking and feeling. Yet again. That was PC

Game looks alright though. Took same "combo" nod that Gunvolt had.

If Xbox One and PS4 have the same graphical look and feel as the trailer above I will be highly disappointed with Comcept
I kinda think the models look okay. With the budget they had, though, they definitely could have done at least a little bit better.

Reactions: Hungry Friend

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
(maybe that was Wii U footage?)

I highly doubt whether it's Wii U or not will make a difference in how a game like this looks and runs. And if it did, I highly doubt the Wii U version would be the version they'd show off in this trailer. It just wouldn't make sense.

Tl;dr: No.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol